ALL >> Computers >> View Article
The Challenges In Records Storage For Los Angeles Businesses
Total Articles: 71
In the old days, company records were stored in shelves and boxes full of paper. This was not exactly helpful to anyone who wanted to go through them in search of information. Additionally, there was a very real concern of files being lost to a myriad of dangers: pests, water damage, and even fire. All these threats presented challenges to records storage in Los Angeles and other areas.
Nowadays, most records have been moved to the electronic medium. Many people often think that once their data is moved to electronic form, they would be safe forever. Unfortunately, that is not true, as electronic storage presents a whole new set of dangers to data retention.
Digital storage media, such as CD/DVD-roms, tapes, and microfilms, have a shelf-life of only five to eight years if not stored properly. That is a lot shorter than the expected lifespan of a sheet of paper in a normal file cabinet. The concern is aggravated by climate conditions in Los Angeles that are not exactly conducive to protecting digital media.
Los Angeles records storage concerns are mainly based around heat, as California has one of the higher average temperatures in the country. Digital storage media do not react well to excessive heat, and data loss may occur if these materials are not adequately protected from heat.
Fires are another very real threat to digital or physical storage, particularly in areas around Los Angeles which may be affected by wildfires. This is one reason why several Los Angeles companies choose to store their data in special fire-resistant vaults that can resist extreme heat. Even then, records can still be ruined by the high temperatures that are conducted through the walls during a fire.
Fortunately, data storage management companies in Los Angeles have come up with solutions that can address these concerns. Cloud computing, for example, offers a storage solution that can protect company data from the unique challenges brought on by the city’s geography. This technology goes well with digitizing, which has become a necessary process for most businesses today. To learn more
about the advantages of cloud computing, visit ehow.com/info_10018789_advantages-cloud.html.
Computers Articles1. Laptop Screen Repair Nottingham – Lenovo Repairer
2. Online Software Testing Course
Author: Mind Q Online
3. Why Small And Medium Businesses Need It Consultants
4. 6 Ios Apps Social Media Online Marketers Will Like
Author: Vicky Manzi
5. Top 4 Benefits Of Having A Mobile App For Your Business
Author: Allie Laine
6. Way To Become High Skilled Professional In Software Testing
Author: Mind Q Systems
7. How The Interactive Presentation Is Useful For Corporate Platform Scenario?
Author: Amit Sahoo
8. Techniques Making Your Life Easier With The Iphone
Author: Ramon Turman
9. The All New Android Emulator
Author: Kattie August
10. How To Backup Current Settings Before Upgrading Android Homescreen
Author: Archie Carroll
11. How The Power Of Infogrpahics With Infographics Maker Offers The Best Exposure?
Author: Amit Sahoo
12. Android Apps Top 3 For Students And Teachers
Author: Sabrina Goodchap
13. A Thorough Survey Before Buying Computer And Accessories Online
Author: Tapu Goswami
14. 5 Remarkable Iphone Apps Redesigned For Android
Author: Tamela Goldfarb
15. Ebooks For Sale For Android Tablets
Author: Syreeta Mccune