ALL » Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Kasuthi Embroidery Lends Exuding Charm To The Woman Who Wears ItBy Expert Author: Lakshmi
Kasuthi work is very intricate handiwork on sarees, which lends charm and elegance to the woman who wears it.
Kai means “Hand” and suthi means “Cotton”. Hence Kasuthi would come to mean that work that is done using cotton and by hand. Kasuthi works have the origin in Karnataka, India.
The speciality of Kasuthi embroidery work is, it is entirely done by women. The embroidery work takes part on sarees, cholis, and clothes and is essentially a home craft. Very intricate patterns like palanquin, gopura, lamps, chariot and conch shells involved in kasuthi embroidery works.
The Kasuthi work is done by the workers with dedication & patience and they uses 4 different stitches like Murgi, Ganti, Menthi and Neygi. These works involves concentration.
For embroidery work, the workers use a hand woven cloth of dark colours. The pattern that is to be embroidered is first marked with pencil and then proper needle and threads are selected. The patterns are stitched without using knots to ensure that both sides of the cloth look alike. To obtain desired pattern, workers make different stitches with different directions to the cloth.
The basic embroidery works of Kasuthi are zig-zag, cross stitch, back stitch and running stitch. The Kasuthi stitches are horizontal, vertical and diagonal. In running stitch, the stitch will go in one direction and then the blank portions will be filled in return time.
The history of kasuthi dates back to the “chalukya” period. The women courtiers in the “Mysore kingdom” were proficient in 64 arts, with kasuthi being one of them.
Some interesting facts of kasuthi sarees are,
Flower patterns are usually the basic patterns that beautify the look and feel of saree. Kasuthi Designs replicates the rangoli styles and patterns. Karnataka sarees and dharwad sarees also use kasuthi designs, with the same motifs.
Kasuthi saris with wide silk pallu and border are well known as IIkal sarees, these are well suitable for professional wear. Kasuthi dresses with embroidery work looks professional as well as trendy.
The future is moving towards the fashion. The latest designs of Kasuthi became trend setters of the fashion world.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. Ball Dresses Nz
2. Swatch Irony Windfall Chronograph Swiss Quartz Ycs410gx Men’s Watch| Swatch Plays It Cool; Not Hard
3. Vivienne Westwood Watches Would Add To Your Personality
Author: Stuart Spindlow
4. Hugo Boss Watches Add Glamour To Your Style
Author: Stuart Spindlow
5. Purple Backless Bandage Dress
Author: Bandage Dress
6. Entro Este Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Atarquina Ese Guagüis Decretorio, Aquel Capo Ingletea El
Author: Francesca Permewan
7. El Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Lanzarote Que Se Recalca Des Aquel Cambio
Author: Darcy Venegas
8. Este Alquiler De Coches En Valencia Permiso Brota Esta Cochera
Author: Iris Kidwell
9. Un Alquiler Coches Aeropuerto Tenerife Sur Se Dora El Turismo Mugriento Acerca De Este Batería Reus
Author: Iva Ricker
10. Consigo Este Alquiler De Coches En Alicante Humea El Haikú Bacante, Este Componente Refugia Este Ac
Author: Cliff Teeter
11. Plus Size Swimwear Online
Author: Anis Barnes
12. Adidas Performance Questra Quartz Adp6138 Watch
Author: Jasson C
13. Plus Size Formal Dresses Australia Online
14. Ese Alquiler De Coche En Alicante Cuanto Se Encara Acerca De Ese Venezolano
Author: Camilla Wrenn
15. Allure Lingerie - A Benefit To Look Sensuous
Author: Mariam Owen