ALL >> Family >> View Article
Polished Concrete: Outshines All Other Flooring Options
Total Articles: 17
Concrete floors are often considered as utilitarian option suitable for garage and factories but not for your sweet home. In recent years this old building material known as concrete has become an up-market product with polished concrete flooring alternatives. It is now the most popular and durable option to outshine all the other types of floorings available today.
With concrete coating in different colors, it is easy to create classic, sophisticated or contemporary floor styles like epoxy flooring. It offers great versatility and decorating options along with low maintenance requirements. Here are more credible facts about this wonderful flooring:
How Polished Concrete Flooring Is Created
Polished and finished concrete floors are created using various techniques like burnishing, steel troweling and honing concrete over the surface. The best part about the polished concrete floor is that they are available in many colors and patterns; so, concrete does not necessarily need to be gray!
A layer of concrete is poured and it is polished after it is set and cool. Different colors and textures are created by using different aggregates of colored concrete.
Benefits of Polished Concrete Flooring
There are numerous benefits of this special type of flooring. To count a few, here are the most major ones, it is:
- Cost effective
- Low on maintenance
- Energy efficient
- Dust & stain repelling
Since it inhibits dust and other contaminants, it is the best flooring solution if you or some of your family member suffers asthma or any other type of allergies. Concrete can keep your home cooler in summers by absorbing the moisture and warmer in winters as it reflects the sunlight entering the room through windows. The gorgeous patterns look even more pleasing than other costly floorings.
The polished concrete floor is environmentally safe too. The processes do not involve the use of any hazardous or toxic chemicals making it unsafe for environment or your loved ones.
Creating Amazing Design Features with Polished Concrete
The polished concrete flooring has enhanced abrasion resistance and hence it does not get impacted by placement or movement of heavy furniture. To beautify it further, you can add many decorative items into it; such as stones, shells, marbles etc. the professional polished floor pattern designers can create unique designs for you with your preferred colors and designs. The design options with polished concrete floor are only limited by your imagination.
Polished and glossy concrete floor is your reliable and smart choice if you are considering budget friendly flooring options.
The author has an immense knowledge on polished concrete. Know more about concrete floors, epoxy flooring and oncrete coating related info in his website.
Family Articles1. How To Spend A Day With Your Family At The Beach?
2. Using Benefits Of Humidifier For Babies
Author: Syed tutul
3. Avail Respite Care Sunshine Coast To Take A Break From Your Elderly Care
4. Simple Bits Of Advice On Assisted Living
Author: Nora Fatehi
5. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Services Offer Quality Lifestyle For The Elderly
6. The 24 Hour Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Programs For The Elderly
7. Hire Reliable And Capable Live In Caregiver Through A Professional Agency
8. Professional Agency For Nannies Or Caregivers: How They Can Help You
9. Advantages And Disadvantages Of Appointing A Live-in Caregiver
10. Baby Gears: Recommendations For Rookies
Author: Bob Smith
11. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
12. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
13. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
14. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
15. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry