ALL >> Health >> View Article
Non-invasive Cure For Sleep Apnea!
Total Articles: 233
Sleep apnea can be described as a medical state during sleep, where a person stops breathing for a few seconds which causes an imbalance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the body. This situation stimulates a signal in the brain that forces a person to wake up from the middle of the sleep so that his lungs can expand and he can breathe normally. Sleep apnea is a common sleep condition experienced by men and women today. It is often characterized by loud snoring and shortness of breath when asleep. When the throat or tongue muscles become too relaxed during sleep, it causes the blockage or narrowing of the air pathway.
It is vital to look for the effective treatments for this disorder before the condition gets even worse. Treating sleep apnea will also help the other associated medical problems like hypertension, and will reduce the risk of heart attack.
There are several cures for sleep apnea. The very first step in finding the cure for any problem is by seeking a professional help. Doctors, in most cases recommend you to come to a sleep clinic where a sleep study is done by using a sleep and a heart monitor that will observe your sleeping patterns through the night. Treatment for this problem heavily depends on the complexity of the problem, the patient’s age and his medical history. The treatments of sleep apnea are mainly divided into two types: surgical and non surgical.
The individuals affected by sleep apnea are normally prescribed the usage of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) masks that facilitate even breathing while asleep. These CPAP masks are the most essential part of the therapy to solve sleep disturbances and breathing problems. Since there are so many types of CPAP accessories and oral appliances for sleep apnea available in the market these days, it is necessary to find out what features to look for in a mask that is comfortable and fits well.
Another way is by using a CPAP pillow that is designed to help the sleep apnea patient maintain a proper position while sleeping. This helps increase the effectiveness of the ventilation system being used.
A BiPAP masks is very helpful for those who need higher pressure to breathe normally. These masks are specially prescribed to people who have serious lung or heart disorders.
The non surgical options can be opted for patients whose problem is not very serious. They can reduce the risk of this disorder by changing their habits and lifestyle or by taking oral medicines and using such dental appliances that hold the tongue and the jaw forward in order to forbid closure of the lungs.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important