ALL >> Health >> View Article
Non-invasive Cure For Sleep Apnea!
Total Articles: 233
Sleep apnea can be described as a medical state during sleep, where a person stops breathing for a few seconds which causes an imbalance of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the body. This situation stimulates a signal in the brain that forces a person to wake up from the middle of the sleep so that his lungs can expand and he can breathe normally. Sleep apnea is a common sleep condition experienced by men and women today. It is often characterized by loud snoring and shortness of breath when asleep. When the throat or tongue muscles become too relaxed during sleep, it causes the blockage or narrowing of the air pathway.
It is vital to look for the effective treatments for this disorder before the condition gets even worse. Treating sleep apnea will also help the other associated medical problems like hypertension, and will reduce the risk of heart attack.
There are several cures for sleep apnea. The very first step in finding the cure for any problem is by seeking a professional help. Doctors, in most cases recommend you to come to a sleep clinic where a sleep study is done by using a sleep and a heart monitor that will observe your sleeping patterns through the night. Treatment for this problem heavily depends on the complexity of the problem, the patient’s age and his medical history. The treatments of sleep apnea are mainly divided into two types: surgical and non surgical.
The individuals affected by sleep apnea are normally prescribed the usage of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) masks that facilitate even breathing while asleep. These CPAP masks are the most essential part of the therapy to solve sleep disturbances and breathing problems. Since there are so many types of CPAP accessories and oral appliances for sleep apnea available in the market these days, it is necessary to find out what features to look for in a mask that is comfortable and fits well.
Another way is by using a CPAP pillow that is designed to help the sleep apnea patient maintain a proper position while sleeping. This helps increase the effectiveness of the ventilation system being used.
A BiPAP masks is very helpful for those who need higher pressure to breathe normally. These masks are specially prescribed to people who have serious lung or heart disorders.
The non surgical options can be opted for patients whose problem is not very serious. They can reduce the risk of this disorder by changing their habits and lifestyle or by taking oral medicines and using such dental appliances that hold the tongue and the jaw forward in order to forbid closure of the lungs.
Health Articles1. After The Free Qigong Distant Energy Healing
Author: Michael Mohoric
2. That Member Rash: Eczema Or Psoriasis?
Author: John Dugan
3. Explore On The Internet And Make Yourself Free From Oral Issues
Author: Gary Adelani
4. Dental Care Facts You May Not Uncover In Other Places
Author: Bob Smith
5. Pharmasynth Has Been Rated As One Of The Top Pharma Company In The Country
6. How To Get Benefits Of Orthodontics Courses For General Dentists And Orthodontic Online Learning
Author: Kenneth Steven
7. Dr. Bruce Hawley And Lynnwood Orthodontics Only Want The Best For Your Teeth
Author: Alan Greek
8. Invisalign In North Wales Office Qualified Dental Practitioners
Author: Paul Wilson
9. Best Place To Get Dental Care
Author: John Marker
10. 8 Basic Manhood Protection Hacks
Author: John Dugan
11. Neurostimulation Devices Market Is Expected To Grow Cagr Of 14.2% Till 2020
Author: Gomez R
12. Great Christmas Deals On Zopiclone
Author: Great Christmas Deals on Zopiclone
13. If You Are In Need Of An Orthodontist Then Dr. Grider Is The Man For You
Author: Paul Greig
14. The Orthodontist In Mckinney That Will Make You Look Great
Author: Change Albert Ratner
15. Men Can Get Their Best Nutritional Supplement With Naka Nutri Multi For Men