ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Smart Ideas For Budget-friendly Wood Kitchens
Total Articles: 72
Wood kitchens are expensive regardless of the kitchen theme you choose. Compared to any other raw material, using this can set you back quite a bit. The only raw material that is more expensive is bamboo! As an eco-friendly material, though, bamboo is limited by demand and availability. There are ways to fit wood kitchens into your budget, though.
• Strategic usage
Most people want wood because it lends warmth and a pleasant ambiance to the kitchen. The cherished comfort of a wooden kitchen is a rare experience in today’s modern world. If you want that appeal in your kitchen, though, you need not go for an entirely solid wood kitchen. You will need a wooden countertop at the centre of kitchen. The placement should be strategic and eye-catching enough to define the kitchen ambiance. This one example is actually applicable in most cases. The central idea, though, is to get the right wooden element for warmth and ambiance.
• Alternate usage
Few people in this day and age need the real deal. You cannot get a real hard maple or red oak kitchen to fit your budget all the time. This limitation, however, can be bypassed by using birch wood instead. That will help get you a wood kitchen at a much lower budget. You can apply a hard maple finish on it and have a great look-alike at an affordable price range. Birch wood is dark wood and goes well in most modern kitchens. It also creates great contrast and a modern vibe with a dark wood finish.
• Wooden finish
For most people, the hard maple finish across kitchen cabinets and the countertop can create the impression you desire. The medium wood finish on your kitchen exudes a hard maple aura without using it. The effect of Hard maple, Red Oak or Cherry wood is far more important than the wood beneath the finish. If you are happy with just the look, you can easily use laminate wood for kitchen flooring, kitchen cabinets and doors. As laminate wood is a structural material made up of layers, it is very affordable. People also apply wooden finish to their metallic kitchen units and countertops. While the result may not be on par with the real thing, it is a close second in terms of look.
Tip of the day: You cannot fake a solid wood kitchen. The material’s warmth and ambiance comes with its own magic. Since kitchens are a long term investment, the price may be worth it in most cases. So, don’t hesitate to make the choice that you are comfortable with. From the real deal to inspiring look-alikes, there are a number of choices when it comes to wooden kitchens.
About the Author
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens, wood kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. How To Rid Your Front Loading Washing Machine Of Mold
Author: Daniel Royale
2. Affordable And Reliable Plumbing Services In California
Author: Jack Ronald
3. Avoiding Glass Balustrade Breakages- Tips By Glass Balustrading Sydney
Author: John Carlos
4. Contact Bond Cleaning Perth For Professional Cleaning Services
5. Little Tricks To Achieve The Best Results In Domestic Cleaning Services
Author: Louis Gibbs
6. End Of Lease Cleaners Melbourne Guarantee Full Bond Amount Return For The Tenants
7. Reasons Why You Should Rely On New Home Builders Of Port Lincoln
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
8. Importance Of Plumbing Services For A Hassle Free Living
Author: Kelly M. Russum
9. How To Maintain Kitchen Mixer?
Author: Andrew Howard
10. Finding Unique Storage Thoughts For Your Kitchen Cabinets
Author: Robert J. Lewis
11. Design Ideas For Aging In place
Author: Mary Morris
12. Use Lb-3000 Compact Bowl Scale To Measure The Weight With Utmost Precision
Author: Nug Brand
13. Benefits Of Hiring Professional Painting Contractors For Exterior Painting
Author: Anu Radha
14. Walk-in Bathtubs: A Great Safe & Accessible Solution
15. 4 Regular House Maintenance Tips From Expert
Author: Nicholas Kashiwagi