ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Types Of Traditional Wooden Kitchens
Total Articles: 72
When most people think about traditional wooden kitchens, a warm-but-boring image of an all-medium-wood kitchen flashes in front of your eyes. That’s not exciting. You may find yourself surprised, though, if you open up to the idea that there are distinct types of fun and stylish kitchens in this category today. Multiple numbers of options in this category are based on kitchen sub-styles, type of wood and wood finishing.
The three popular kitchen sub-styles create huge diversity for the end-user.
• Period kitchen: This is an expensive and niche choice. When you want the pre-dominant ambiance in your kitchen to belong to a historic era like the Renaissance, you opt for this kind of kitchen. They are bespoke kitchens with a slightly lower level of efficiency as the historic eras place considerable limitations on space and functionality. Yet, the ambiance and elegance is well worth the effort.
• Classic kitchens: The neutral colour palates, unfussy details of this ornate and timeless style can be soothing and comforting.
• Shaker kitchens: This sub-style has a huge fan following today. Historically, it is based on the principles of religious society. However, the simple, functional and utility-based approach of this kitchen design is well appreciated today.
Type of wood
Wooden kitchens are expensive. The inner warmth and comfort being offered, though, makes the additional cost worth it. However, the type of wood can alter the colour, ambiance and budget. So, it makes sense to choose the wood that supports your temperament and atmosphere well. The types of wood are:
• Traditional: hard maple, cherry and red oak are the popular choices of wood for traditional kitchens. Owing to the vast demand in traditional furniture, these types are extremely expensive. Most people instead opt for affordable choices like soft wood. That being said, the former options, while expensive, are the best choices for luxuries traditional kitchens.
• Modern: These choices are unique and new for traditional kitchens. But industry experts use them for traditional wooden kitchens for two reasons. They are more affordable and because they offer a great texture, colour and ambiance.
• Eco-friendly: Making wooden cabinets, kitchen units, the dining table or worktop with eco-friendly wooden alternatives is the most expensive and environmentally friendly choice. The well known choices in this category are hemp, bamboo, wood composite, soy, etc.
This is a common strategy for getting a wooden kitchen in your budget. It can be applied in two ways. Firstly, you can apply medium wood finishing on softwood or laminate wood. Visually, it comes quite close to the real thing. But honestly, the real deal is the real deal. Warmth and comfort of wood can hardly be replicated with wood finishing. Secondly, you can use high gloss finishing on the wood. While it may lower the impact of the wood, the neutral colours coming in from traditional kitchens will look elegant and sophisticated on the wooden furniture.
About the Author
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens, traditional wooden kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. A House That Gives You Opportunity To Make The Most Out Of Living Space
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
2. The White Teak Company - The New Destination For Luxury Home Decor
3. Wardrobes In Kirti Nagar
Author: Alisha Shah
4. Luxury British Brand Furniture Collection Set To Reach Auction
5. Tips To Plan A Father’s Day Party At Home In Lilburn Ga
Author: Melinda Harris
6. Explanation On Why Furniture Stores In Perth Is Important
Author: Kai Baxter
7. 6 Key Reasons Why Limestone Is One Of The Best Building Materials
Author: Daniel Maxted
8. 11 Best Things To Do When You Are Alone
Author: Nug Brand
9. Mortgage Broker Markham
10. Sobha Chennai – Buy Luxury Apartments, Flats, Plots & Homes In Omr Porur Chennai
Author: Sobha Limited
11. How To Do Upholstery Cleaning – 5 Diy Tips
Author: Mike Aurtho
12. Landscaping – We Help You To Bring Your Imagination Into Reality
Author: Simmy Ahuja
13. Home Decor Trends You Must Know This Year
Author: Ajay Sharma
14. Smart Ways To Reduce Waste Around You
Author: Hampry Gomes
15. What’s Important To Know While Revamping Your Home
Author: Ajay Sharma