ALL >> Health >> View Article
Chin Straps That Cure Snoring And Sleep Apnea!
Total Articles: 233
Sleep apnea is a serious disease which can have a very negative effect on your life and if left untreated, could also result into sudden death while sleeping. Some of the other dangers of this sleep disorder are hypertension and even possible heart failure. Thus it becomes very important to cure this situation by surgical or non surgical methods. There are a few non-invasive treatments for sleep apnea that give you an uninterrupted sleep like:
1) Using Mouthpieces: These are oral devices which are now commonly used to prevent the sudden breathlessness while sleeping. They are small, cheap, easy to use and serve to be a good alternative to expensive CPAP machines. They have now proved to be effective in treating severe cases also.
2) Using the mandibular advancement device (MAD): It is one of the most common mouthpieces prescribed these days. A dentist or an orthodontist can make this for you. It pushes your lower jaw forward and adjusts your tongue in such a way that prevents blocking your airway.
3) Using the tongue retaining device (TRD): It is an oral appliance made of soft plastic. It has a tongue-sized suction cup which pulls the tongue forward and holds it in that position.
4) Using a jaw supporter or the chin strap: It is one of the best ways to fight snoring. This device will facilitate you and others around you to have undisturbed and peaceful sleeping.
What is a Chin Strap Device?
The primary function of this device is to allow you breathe easily through your nose by holding your jaws together and forcing your mouth to shut. A chin strap helps eliminate the loud snoring noises in an effort to give you and others around a peaceful slumber.
The biggest advantage of using these chin straps to cure snoring is that you would not have to undergo a surgery. A few features that have made this device very popular are that it is simple and inexpensive. Keeping in mind today's economy, this device is very cost effective. It is very user friendly and can be cleaned easily. These are the reasons why more and more people are inclined towards buying this uncomplicated snoring device for their regular use.
One of the best aspects of using a chin strap is that you don’t have to use it forever. You will eventually learn to sleep with your mouth closed and in a matter of time you will not have to use it anymore. You will relearn how to breathe through your nose rather than your mouth.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important