ALL >> Health >> View Article
Back Pain Treatments Available In India
Total Articles: 38
The objective of this article is not to suggest the best possible treatment for neck pain or back pain. It is simply to offer you updated and the latest information available. The fact of the matter is, despite the wealth of information available online, the chance of being misguided by non-trustworthy, incomplete, inaccurate or inapplicable information is always there. There are several ways to treat single spinal ailment. The best one is always chosen on the basis of patient’s health and diagnosis.
Factors affecting the choice of back pain treatment
• Nature of back pain: Accute, chronic, dull, sharp, shooting pain, etc
• Cause of back pain
• Secondary symptoms: Weakness, numbness, tingling sensation, neck pain, leg or thigh pain, etc.
• Previous health history: Illnesses, injuries, ongoing treatments, etc
• Health habits: Smoking, diet, exercise, etc
The types of back pain treatments
The types of treatment can be classified into three categories:
• Non-surgical medical treatment: This treatment includes several types of medicines. NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug) is the first and most preferred recommendation for most spine specialists, especially if it is the first severe back pain complaint. This is a sufficient pain reliever in several cases. However, if needed, spine experts also include muscle relaxants, Opioids, Corticosteroids, etc. At times, it is necessary to prescribe some other medicines based on the condition.
• Surgical treatment: Surgery is the last resort. In most case, there is always a way to treat patient with non-surgical methods. However, if the expert concedes that surgery will produce better results in the long term than non-surgical treatment, it is then recommended. However it is not the most common treatment for neck pain or any other form of back pain.
• Alternative treatment: There are several alternative treatments. Mostly, it is combined with the medical treatment for maximum effect. Most spinal exerts offer a comprehensive treatment that includes diet, exercises and therapy sessions such as physical therapy, behavioural therapy, chiropractics, prolotherapy, acupuncture, massage therapy, etc.
These kinds of treatments for spinal pain reflect that there are lot of choices and it is important to ensure that the right one is chosen for you. It can be a complicated decision making process, though. Irrespective of the type of treatment, though, follow-ups in terms of medical or alternative treatments are essential. Surgical patients depend considerably on these treatments for faster recovery and functional status. You must ensure that you maintain the health of your spine after the treatment is completed.
Dr Garima Anandani (P.T.), CMP, Dip. MDT
Head- Clinical Operations, Qi Spine Clinic
Dr Anandani is the first clinician from India to qualify for the prestigious Diploma in M.D.T. from The McKenzie Institute International and University of Otago. She has acquired specialized training in Spine rehabilitation from St David's Spine and Sports Therapy, Austin, Texas (USA) and from The Polyclinic, Seattle (USA). She is also one of the few Certified Mulligan Practitioners in India, with over 14 years of clinical experience in handling musculoskeletal disorders.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe