ALL >> Health >> View Article
Back Pain Treatments Available In India
Total Articles: 38
The objective of this article is not to suggest the best possible treatment for neck pain or back pain. It is simply to offer you updated and the latest information available. The fact of the matter is, despite the wealth of information available online, the chance of being misguided by non-trustworthy, incomplete, inaccurate or inapplicable information is always there. There are several ways to treat single spinal ailment. The best one is always chosen on the basis of patient’s health and diagnosis.
Factors affecting the choice of back pain treatment
• Nature of back pain: Accute, chronic, dull, sharp, shooting pain, etc
• Cause of back pain
• Secondary symptoms: Weakness, numbness, tingling sensation, neck pain, leg or thigh pain, etc.
• Previous health history: Illnesses, injuries, ongoing treatments, etc
• Health habits: Smoking, diet, exercise, etc
The types of back pain treatments
The types of treatment can be classified into three categories:
• Non-surgical medical treatment: This treatment includes several types of medicines. NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug) is the first and most preferred recommendation for most spine specialists, especially if it is the first severe back pain complaint. This is a sufficient pain reliever in several cases. However, if needed, spine experts also include muscle relaxants, Opioids, Corticosteroids, etc. At times, it is necessary to prescribe some other medicines based on the condition.
• Surgical treatment: Surgery is the last resort. In most case, there is always a way to treat patient with non-surgical methods. However, if the expert concedes that surgery will produce better results in the long term than non-surgical treatment, it is then recommended. However it is not the most common treatment for neck pain or any other form of back pain.
• Alternative treatment: There are several alternative treatments. Mostly, it is combined with the medical treatment for maximum effect. Most spinal exerts offer a comprehensive treatment that includes diet, exercises and therapy sessions such as physical therapy, behavioural therapy, chiropractics, prolotherapy, acupuncture, massage therapy, etc.
These kinds of treatments for spinal pain reflect that there are lot of choices and it is important to ensure that the right one is chosen for you. It can be a complicated decision making process, though. Irrespective of the type of treatment, though, follow-ups in terms of medical or alternative treatments are essential. Surgical patients depend considerably on these treatments for faster recovery and functional status. You must ensure that you maintain the health of your spine after the treatment is completed.
Dr Garima Anandani (P.T.), CMP, Dip. MDT
Head- Clinical Operations, Qi Spine Clinic
Dr Anandani is the first clinician from India to qualify for the prestigious Diploma in M.D.T. from The McKenzie Institute International and University of Otago. She has acquired specialized training in Spine rehabilitation from St David's Spine and Sports Therapy, Austin, Texas (USA) and from The Polyclinic, Seattle (USA). She is also one of the few Certified Mulligan Practitioners in India, with over 14 years of clinical experience in handling musculoskeletal disorders.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel