ALL >> Health >> View Article
Right Medical Solution For Lower Back Pain
Total Articles: 38
When it comes to lower back pain, most experts avoid generic solutions. Why? This is because it is the leading symptom of several types of spine problems and other diseases and ailments. Unless you can pinpoint a specific injury, the causes of this kind of pain vary from aging to pregnancy. So, it is best to understand the symptoms holistically and treat the underlying ailment thoroughly.
Lower back pain is a generic ailment that affects many people. It is really challenging to diagnose if that is the only complaint. However, for major spinal diseases, it is the only symptom in the start. If you approach a spine specialist, a diagnosis is easily possible. Here is a small checklist of potential causes of back pain.
• Sports or work injury
• Herniated Disc
• Spinal disc
• Degenerative disc disease
• Lumbar disc herniation
• Compression fracture
• Spinal stenosis
Any spine specialist will tell you that this is a complex process and involves multiple options. Spine health experts will ask you questions about your past health, other symptoms, daily activities, recent injuries (if any), etc. The physical examination of your back will be followed by diagnostic tests. The most common questions for an accurate diagnosis are:
• Is pain chronic or acute? Is the pain sharp or dull?
• Is the back pain accompanied by any other symptoms such as numbness, weakness, pain in legs, tingling sensations, etc?
• Does it affect your daily movements such as standing, walking, sitting etc?
Based on your replies, the spine health expert will suggest a few tests to confirm the most likely possibilities. The most common diagnostic tests are X-ray, MRI scanning, CAT scanning, bone scanning, Electromyograms (EMG) or nerve conduction velocities (VCV), etc.
This is the most complex subject. It is best to say that it will depend on the diagnosis and severity of the back pain and spinal condition. Other factors that will affect the treatment are age, other complexities and previous injuries and ailments. The most common misunderstanding is that when you have a spinal disease, you will have to go for surgery. It can’t be further from the truth. There are several easy, effective and affordable non-surgical options available today. So, most experts recommend the most suitable treatment for your back pain as per your particular case.
Dr Garima Anandani (P.T.), CMP, Dip. MDT
Head- Clinical Operations, Qi Spine Clinic
Dr Anandani is the first clinician from India to qualify for the prestigious Diploma in M.D.T. from The McKenzie Institute International and
University of Otago. She has acquired specialized training in Spine rehabilitation, being more specific to back pain, from St David's Spine and Sports Therapy, Austin, Texas (USA) and from The Polyclinic, Seattle (USA). She is also one of the few Certified Mulligan Practitioners in India, with over 14 years of clinical experience in handling musculoskeletal disorders.
Health Articles1. Nutritious Food - Some Smart And Healthy Foods To Stay Fit
Author: Vidya Jayaram
2. Best Hair Transplant In Odisha.
Author: Aesthetica Clinics
3. Using Ultrasound To Assess Male Organ Health
Author: John Dugan
4. Tips To Find A Top Quality Hospital For Your Maternal Care
Author: James Stevenson
5. 3 Organic Oils For Massage That Rejuvenates Your Soul!
Author: Bryan Loo
6. Choose The Right Mattress For Sound Sleep.
7. Dme Billing Software To Automate Your Dme Billing
8. Huge Quantity Of Mushroom Cultivation In Kolkata
Author: Kanchan Das
9. Things You Need To Know When Buying Water Ionizer
Author: Hydrate Global
10. What Things To Expect When Looking For Infertility Treatments
11. Benefits Of Psychotherapy Treatments
12. How To Handle Teen Anger Management At Home
13. Going Back To Stress Management Basics
14. Dealing With Anxiety Disorders - What Is Best For You?
15. Controlling Stress By Cultivating Top Management Tips