ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Shaker Kitchen Ideas For Your Dream Kitchen
Total Articles: 72
Shaker kitchen are subtle and understatedly stylish. That puts this in direct contrast to traditional society’s kitchen style. This style melds basic principles with great stylish looks. This minimalistic kind of kitchen is popular for its simplicity, quality, functionality and innovative looks.
Go Retro. Go Big!
This is the classic principle that shaker kitchens are known for. The panelled unit door with handles is known as the classic shaker design. You can put a new spin on it, though, by employing a different colour, a trick that some of the lead shaker kitchen designers use in their best work. The colour, however, has to be subtle and should be something other than cream. This is because the template of cream shaker kitchens has been done to death.
Avoid the clichés and instead focus on make your kitchen look interesting. A smart way for that would be to add texture to the kitchen unit. People opt for a high gloss finish as it brightens up the room and adds a plush feel that can perfectly contrast with the Shaker style.
A cream coloured scheme for your kitchen, though, can be another retro strategy, if you can use it to your advantage. It offers a great contrast with another typical shaker design colour- medium wood. That being said, you can easily use any wood to fit right in the beauty and aesthetics of a Shaker design easily.
Let Expert Do “The” Magic.
This concept has been around for years, with some of the oldest shaker furniture being preserved and displayed in museums. While the style may find its roots in antiquity, the arena of designer shaker kitchens is still exciting due to its experts. People blend aesthetically aligned modern or traditional kitchen elements to create an exciting kitchen experience.
That ensures that this style retains its popularity in spite of core principles of simplicity. Most designers incorporate aesthetically pleasing and functional elements such as recessed lights, under-cabinet lights, designer kitchen taps, modern chairs, brightly coloured rugs or display kitchenware.
Plush It Up!
In spite of its modest origins, this style can be a great choice for lavish kitchens. The abundant and creative use of wood, functional adaptations over the years and incorporation of flush mount ceiling lights, glass-front cabinet doors and high gloss finishes will help give an elegant result.
Whether you have a limited budget or want to go all out on the kitchen, a Shaker kitchen is the way to go in terms of variety and flexibility. You can create serene and pleasing kitchen experiences with this style, which can be perfect for the couple who find cooking soothing.
About the Author:
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens, shaker kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett