ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Shaker Kitchen Ideas For Your Dream KitchenBy Expert Author: Steve Mathews
Shaker kitchen are subtle and understatedly stylish. That puts this in direct contrast to traditional society’s kitchen style. This style melds basic principles with great stylish looks. This minimalistic kind of kitchen is popular for its simplicity, quality, functionality and innovative looks.
Go Retro. Go Big!
This is the classic principle that shaker kitchens are known for. The panelled unit door with handles is known as the classic shaker design. You can put a new spin on it, though, by employing a different colour, a trick that some of the lead shaker kitchen designers use in their best work. The colour, however, has to be subtle and should be something other than cream. This is because the template of cream shaker kitchens has been done to death.
Avoid the clichés and instead focus on make your kitchen look interesting. A smart way for that would be to add texture to the kitchen unit. People opt for a high gloss finish as it brightens up the room and adds a plush feel that can perfectly contrast with the Shaker style.
A cream coloured scheme for your kitchen, though, can be another retro strategy, if you can use it to your advantage. It offers a great contrast with another typical shaker design colour- medium wood. That being said, you can easily use any wood to fit right in the beauty and aesthetics of a Shaker design easily.
Let Expert Do “The” Magic.
This concept has been around for years, with some of the oldest shaker furniture being preserved and displayed in museums. While the style may find its roots in antiquity, the arena of designer shaker kitchens is still exciting due to its experts. People blend aesthetically aligned modern or traditional kitchen elements to create an exciting kitchen experience.
That ensures that this style retains its popularity in spite of core principles of simplicity. Most designers incorporate aesthetically pleasing and functional elements such as recessed lights, under-cabinet lights, designer kitchen taps, modern chairs, brightly coloured rugs or display kitchenware.
Plush It Up!
In spite of its modest origins, this style can be a great choice for lavish kitchens. The abundant and creative use of wood, functional adaptations over the years and incorporation of flush mount ceiling lights, glass-front cabinet doors and high gloss finishes will help give an elegant result.
Whether you have a limited budget or want to go all out on the kitchen, a Shaker kitchen is the way to go in terms of variety and flexibility. You can create serene and pleasing kitchen experiences with this style, which can be perfect for the couple who find cooking soothing.
About the Author:
Steve Mathews works as a production designer for a chain of leading furniture design companies. Steve is an ardent designer and loves spending most of his time working on creative projects and pursuing his passion. He recently launched a new collection of designer kitchens, shaker kitchens for a highly esteemed firm.
Home and Garden Articles1. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
2. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
3. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
4. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
5. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
6. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
7. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
8. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
9. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
10. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
11. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov
12. Top Small Business Opportunities In Australia
Author: karanveer rawat
13. A Special Guide To Buy The Solid Oak Furniture Of Best Quality
Author: Alain Murphy
14. How To Keep Your Ceramic Tile Floor Clean & Attractive
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. How Services Related To Water Damage Repair Are Helpful For Homes
Author: Lionale Donald