ALL >> Business >> View Article
On Corrugated Shipping Boxes And Other Facts On Industrial Packaging
Total Articles: 12
On Corrugated Shipping Boxes and Other Facts on Industrial Packaging
If your business involves shipping, it’s only natural to be on a constant lookout for ways to cut down on the cost of your packaging and logistics efforts. However, a common problem that many business owners take for granted until it’s too late is that in trying to decrease cost, they end up dragging the quality down as well. Here are a few tips on industrial packaging that you should be aware of:
The Downside of Cutting Corners
Whenever you’re trying to cut down on costs, you might be invariably decreasing your product’s safety, which defeats the main purpose of having it packaged in the first place. So make sure that you don’t, for instance, decrease the number of sturdy corrugated shipping boxes to the point that you end up with low-quality, defective materials.
Package vs. Product Cost
In general, the price of your packaging materials should be about 8%-10% of the total average of the cost of the products or merchandise to be transported. However, keep in mind that there are cases when the merchandise is too fragile in that the packaging materials end up costing a lot more than the product itself. If you were to cut back on these materials, your product might not even make it to the retailer.
On Recycled Materials
Needless to say, choosing recycled packaging materials will be cost-efficient and environmentally-friendly, but don’t assume that it is always of similar or higher quality than the non-recycled variety. Every time something is recycled, a bit of its original integrity is changed or lost – paper, for instance, loses more and more of its strengthening fibers every time it is recycled. Therefore, recycled packaging materials are more ideal for non-delicate items.
The Deal with Plastic
In a similar way, plastic containers are often condemned for the potential harm they could bring to the environment, but there’s a reason why the material still exists today. There simply are instances when it is more efficient than paper or other recyclable materials when it comes to tough and long-term packaging.
Know how durable industrial packaging supplies work before you choose to cut down on costs. You can learn more from entrepreneur.com/article/225621.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla