ALL >> Business >> View Article
On Corrugated Shipping Boxes And Other Facts On Industrial Packaging
Total Articles: 12
On Corrugated Shipping Boxes and Other Facts on Industrial Packaging
If your business involves shipping, it’s only natural to be on a constant lookout for ways to cut down on the cost of your packaging and logistics efforts. However, a common problem that many business owners take for granted until it’s too late is that in trying to decrease cost, they end up dragging the quality down as well. Here are a few tips on industrial packaging that you should be aware of:
The Downside of Cutting Corners
Whenever you’re trying to cut down on costs, you might be invariably decreasing your product’s safety, which defeats the main purpose of having it packaged in the first place. So make sure that you don’t, for instance, decrease the number of sturdy corrugated shipping boxes to the point that you end up with low-quality, defective materials.
Package vs. Product Cost
In general, the price of your packaging materials should be about 8%-10% of the total average of the cost of the products or merchandise to be transported. However, keep in mind that there are cases when the merchandise is too fragile in that the packaging materials end up costing a lot more than the product itself. If you were to cut back on these materials, your product might not even make it to the retailer.
On Recycled Materials
Needless to say, choosing recycled packaging materials will be cost-efficient and environmentally-friendly, but don’t assume that it is always of similar or higher quality than the non-recycled variety. Every time something is recycled, a bit of its original integrity is changed or lost – paper, for instance, loses more and more of its strengthening fibers every time it is recycled. Therefore, recycled packaging materials are more ideal for non-delicate items.
The Deal with Plastic
In a similar way, plastic containers are often condemned for the potential harm they could bring to the environment, but there’s a reason why the material still exists today. There simply are instances when it is more efficient than paper or other recyclable materials when it comes to tough and long-term packaging.
Know how durable industrial packaging supplies work before you choose to cut down on costs. You can learn more from entrepreneur.com/article/225621.
Business Articles1. Best International Courier Service In Maharashtra
Author: Unique air express
2. Best Practices For Dealing With Workplace Violence
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
3. Government And Co-operative Societies In India Support Flood Victims
4. Different Types Of Materials Used For Constructing The Magnetic Core Of A Transformer
Author: Trutech Products
5. Metal Roofing- Right To Choose For Commercial Roofing Okc
Author: Fred Lydick
6. Keep Your Business Afresh In Peoples’ Mind During Off Seasons!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
7. Vinyl Windows And Aluminium Windows Okc- Which To Choose For Your Home?
Author: Fred Lydick
8. Appsquadz: The Prominent Mobile App Development Company In Goodfirms Research
Author: vivek kumar
9. Top Reasons To Get Short Term Payday Loan
Author: Broad Stevens
10. Learning To Fly: Start A New Business In Singapore
Author: Singh Sukhbir
11. Hdfc Securities And Kotak Securities Offer The Best Trading Platforms For Stock Markets
12. Add Beauty To Your Home With The Best Scented Candle
13. Top Iphone 8 Rumors
Author: Josh Carr
14. Meishen Technology Is A Strong Team
Author: hu Allen
15. How Ecommerce Logistics Partners Are Helping Smes Make A Mark Online
Author: shiwangi ecourierz