ALL >> Business >> View Article
On Corrugated Shipping Boxes And Other Facts On Industrial Packaging
Total Articles: 12
On Corrugated Shipping Boxes and Other Facts on Industrial Packaging
If your business involves shipping, it’s only natural to be on a constant lookout for ways to cut down on the cost of your packaging and logistics efforts. However, a common problem that many business owners take for granted until it’s too late is that in trying to decrease cost, they end up dragging the quality down as well. Here are a few tips on industrial packaging that you should be aware of:
The Downside of Cutting Corners
Whenever you’re trying to cut down on costs, you might be invariably decreasing your product’s safety, which defeats the main purpose of having it packaged in the first place. So make sure that you don’t, for instance, decrease the number of sturdy corrugated shipping boxes to the point that you end up with low-quality, defective materials.
Package vs. Product Cost
In general, the price of your packaging materials should be about 8%-10% of the total average of the cost of the products or merchandise to be transported. However, keep in mind that there are cases when the merchandise is too fragile in that the packaging materials end up costing a lot more than the product itself. If you were to cut back on these materials, your product might not even make it to the retailer.
On Recycled Materials
Needless to say, choosing recycled packaging materials will be cost-efficient and environmentally-friendly, but don’t assume that it is always of similar or higher quality than the non-recycled variety. Every time something is recycled, a bit of its original integrity is changed or lost – paper, for instance, loses more and more of its strengthening fibers every time it is recycled. Therefore, recycled packaging materials are more ideal for non-delicate items.
The Deal with Plastic
In a similar way, plastic containers are often condemned for the potential harm they could bring to the environment, but there’s a reason why the material still exists today. There simply are instances when it is more efficient than paper or other recyclable materials when it comes to tough and long-term packaging.
Know how durable industrial packaging supplies work before you choose to cut down on costs. You can learn more from entrepreneur.com/article/225621.
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help