ALL >> Business >> View Article
Knowing The Exploratory Stages Of The Gold Mining Process
Total Articles: 49
Gold mining refers to the process of the hunt and extraction of gold or gold ores from the ground. This is carried out in many different ways. In the past, mining is conducted only when gold is found in streams and other areas where the expensive metal is found. With the advent of modern technology, gold mining methods have improved greatly. This has led to several techniques and processes, making gold mining a major industry.
Most gold mining companies follow a set of steps in extracting gold from the earth. These processes continue to evolve as better mining techniques are pushed in our effort to make the industry more efficient and environmentally friendly. Presently, these are the most common steps being performed before the start of the gold mining process.
1. Literature Survey
The first in the process, a literature survey is done by reviewing text written by credible sources. The substantive findings about the locations and areas where gold mining is feasible can help a lot in determining possible areas for exploration.
2. Geological Mapping
Geological mapping is the process by which a special-purpose map is made. It is intended to show the geological features of the place where gold is possibly located. This includes showing geological strata and rock units and presenting these with colors or symbols to indicate their location at the surface.
3. Identification Gold Bearing Locations
Gold bearing zones are identified by collecting sample stones from specified locations. This is done in any or all of the the following methods:
Three Dimension Sampling - obtaining rock-samples by drilling. This method is carried out in either of two ways, the Reverse Circulation Drilling or Diamond Core Drilling. In the RC method, chip-shaped rock samples are obtained while the DC drilling method produces samples in the form of solid core.
Stream Sediment or Soil Sampling - As the name suggests, this method involves collecting soil or stream sediments from specified locations.
The samples are then sent to the lab for mineralization. The determination of succeeding procedures will depend on the results of the sampling.
4. Estimation of Global Resource
This stage is used to estimate the area and depth of the gold deposit. The results of this stage can give the company some idea how long the operation will last, the volume of mineral to be extracted, and the estimated profit they can make out the operation.
5. Feasibility Exploration
This is necessary to establish convincing evidence that gold deposit is indeed present in the proposed mine site. The process involves extensive surface and underground sampling. The establishment of the presence of gold will signal the commencement of the mining operation.
Gold mining is a capital-extensive enterprise. Because the location and exact amount of deposits can't be ascertained, it is often more of a hunt than a real money-making business. This is the primary reason why mining companies conduct extensive research and sampling; to ensure that what they are investing in can give them back the profit that they wanted. Check this site for more info about mining news and information.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better