ALL >> Education >> View Article
College Essay Advice: How To Write Effective College Essay
Total Articles: 4
Writing a good college easy is one of the prerequisites for college admission and it matters for your career. Wring a good essay is always advised not for showcasing your writing skill but to offer a clear picture of your personality. The essay should be a gateway to read you and that will be the first step to communicate with your admission officer.
Start the essay with a positive note about you
College essay experts always suggest that the beginning of a college admission essay should be catchy although it must maintain a humble tone altogether. Positive explanation and clarification of your personality and natural strengths will be the best way to start a good and effective college admission essay.
Make the first draft with all information
It is indeed tough to make the first draft. Here you have tom write down your application as well as the entire introduction about you in black and white. It may get paused or sometimes you may get confused about your way of presentation. Experts often advise that the essay must contain facts and assertive tone. Therefore you must write down all your ideas and then if necessary read them again for correction and editing, if required.
How to format the essay
As per college essay advice, an essay should be written in a good format that makes it good to read, easy to understand, and simple to follow. The best formatted college admission essay should be divided into three parts like introduction, body, and the conclusion.
1. Introduction: it is should be of one paragraph explaining briefly about you.
2. Body: this is the major portion of the essay. It should be clearly divided into small paragraphs and if possible cited with examples. One paragraph should speak of a single point. You can add sub heads also. It will read the essay better.
3. Conclusion: This is the end of the essay. It should be written in one paragraph at the end of the entire write up.
Be specific& assertive
The essay you are writing has some specific purpose. So you must relate all your sayings as per your view point/application. The simplest part of writing an essay is to relate about you step by step and then establishment of your viewpoint from a specific angle. However whatever you will write that must a synchronization with your admission application.
You should be honest enough so that there should not be any miscommunication. You should not try to impress the admission counsellor in a way that does not match with your views or that you are doing for short term benefit.
Do the proofread
Before finally sending the essay, as suggests by some College essay advice expert, you must check and proofread the essay. A well written essay not only speaks of your positive character, it is a clear document of your serious intention to join the college.
About the Author
This article is written by George Scurlock on behalf of collegehelp1.com, this is having topics on College essay advice, College admission requirements and many more.
Education Articles1. Popular Diploma Courses After 12th Guaranteeing Good Career
Author: Kiki Centre
2. Essay Writing And Grammar
Author: Ray Trey
3. Dissertation/thesis Proposal: Good Idea Is Not Enough
Author: Tiana Crush
4. Benefits Of Live Online Training
Author: Ishrath Sultana
5. Best Spoken English Classes In Bhubaneswar.
Author: English Avenue
6. The Top Trends In Ios App Development For 2018
7. Ibm Sterling B2b Integrator Online Training
Author: ukumari VirtualNuggets
8. Angularjs Performance Checklist
9. Java Technologies For Web Applications
10. Cad & Cam – The Technology Of The Present And The Future!
Author: Vivek Gupta
11. Benefits Of Planning With Microsoft Project
12. Why Is Aws The Most Desired Cloud Platform?
Author: scholars pro
13. Remember More And Forget Less With These 10 Strategies
Author: Saee Joshi
14. Nda Coaching In Lucknow, Best Defence Institute In Lucknow
Author: Anupam Defence Academy
15. 16 Tips For 3d Laser Scanning, 3d Laser Scanners, And As-built Models