ALL >> Education >> View Article
College Essay Advice: How To Write Effective College Essay
Total Articles: 4
Writing a good college easy is one of the prerequisites for college admission and it matters for your career. Wring a good essay is always advised not for showcasing your writing skill but to offer a clear picture of your personality. The essay should be a gateway to read you and that will be the first step to communicate with your admission officer.
Start the essay with a positive note about you
College essay experts always suggest that the beginning of a college admission essay should be catchy although it must maintain a humble tone altogether. Positive explanation and clarification of your personality and natural strengths will be the best way to start a good and effective college admission essay.
Make the first draft with all information
It is indeed tough to make the first draft. Here you have tom write down your application as well as the entire introduction about you in black and white. It may get paused or sometimes you may get confused about your way of presentation. Experts often advise that the essay must contain facts and assertive tone. Therefore you must write down all your ideas and then if necessary read them again for correction and editing, if required.
How to format the essay
As per college essay advice, an essay should be written in a good format that makes it good to read, easy to understand, and simple to follow. The best formatted college admission essay should be divided into three parts like introduction, body, and the conclusion.
1. Introduction: it is should be of one paragraph explaining briefly about you.
2. Body: this is the major portion of the essay. It should be clearly divided into small paragraphs and if possible cited with examples. One paragraph should speak of a single point. You can add sub heads also. It will read the essay better.
3. Conclusion: This is the end of the essay. It should be written in one paragraph at the end of the entire write up.
Be specific& assertive
The essay you are writing has some specific purpose. So you must relate all your sayings as per your view point/application. The simplest part of writing an essay is to relate about you step by step and then establishment of your viewpoint from a specific angle. However whatever you will write that must a synchronization with your admission application.
You should be honest enough so that there should not be any miscommunication. You should not try to impress the admission counsellor in a way that does not match with your views or that you are doing for short term benefit.
Do the proofread
Before finally sending the essay, as suggests by some College essay advice expert, you must check and proofread the essay. A well written essay not only speaks of your positive character, it is a clear document of your serious intention to join the college.
About the Author
This article is written by George Scurlock on behalf of collegehelp1.com, this is having topics on College essay advice, College admission requirements and many more.
Education Articles1. 5 Reasons To Take Online Pmp Certification Training
Author: Shakir Ali
2. Understanding Your Teenager During The High School Years
3. Digital Marketing Training Institute In Delhi/ncr
Author: vartika maurya
4. Understand The Value Of Aws Professional Level Certification
5. Prominence Of Hadoop Course Training
6. Play School Franchise From Wow Kids Provides An Opportunity To Run The School Meeting International
7. How Is Your Child’s P.q Positivity Quotient?
Author: Amites Kumar Gaurav
8. Online Quran Recitation & Reading
9. Sap Training | Sap Online Courses By Professionals From Learn It Training
Author: Venkat Reddy
10. China : The New Buzzword Among Overseas Education Consultants In India
Author: choice overseas
11. Pros Of Joining Prestigious Neet Coaching In Bhopal
Author: Pankaj Kumar
12. Selenium Web Driver Features
Author: Siyaram Ray
13. Join The Online Quran Program
14. 5 Citation Tips From Research Paper Helpers Of Uk
Author: Elijah Simpson is an academic writer
15. Why Mbbs Admission In Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth?
Author: Rakesh Shinde