ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Save Ink By Following Some Easy Tips While Printing
Total Articles: 11
Although there are a number of reputable companies that sell cartridges and toners for printers at affordable prices, it certainly does not harm to save some of the ink in your own way.
What are some of the basic and easy steps that you can follow while printing to make your printer ink last longer?
• One very simple task that most of us tend to ignore before printing is rechecking the document, for mistakes or any kind of formatting. Once you hit the print button, and later find even a trivial mistake, it can have all the ink in the document wasted. So, you need to print again, using up some more ink. Thus, it is always wise to recheck your document, including print previews to avoid re-printing.
• Unless you need to print something in very high quality, it is good to use the Eco Fast or Fast Draft setting of your printer. Changing print quality to Fast Draft speeds up the printing process and saves your laser toner or ink.
• Printing in greyscale or black and white wherever possible is always advisable. This can help you to save on your colour cartridge. Black ink is normally cheaper than the coloured cartridges.
• Using eco fonts is a good way to save ink. Eco font shoots holes in the font. As a result of the holes, eco font helps to save considerably more ink or toner, as much as 20%, compared to standard fonts.
• In general too, try to use fonts that are not too thick. It is better to avoid using big bold letters. For important parts of the text, such as titles and sub headings, where you require larger font sizes, a grey colored font instead of black can help in saving some ink.
• When you do not find ink coming out of your cartridge, do not immediately replace it. Try cleaning the nozzle to unclog it in case it is blocked. This can be best done using a lint free cloth or damp paper towel.
• Some users tend to replace their printer cartridges the moment they see the “ink is running low” warning. You can actually get hundreds of extra pages even when your computer thinks your printer does not have enough ink. Thus, do not replace the cartridge until the ink in it, is almost completely over.
Apart from following the tips above, always make sure you buy your ink cartridge from reputable service providers. Buying high quality ink for your printers not only ensures it lasts long, but also avoids causing any damage to your printer. You can get best quality printer cartridges and toners as well as satisfactory sales services from well known service providers specializing in printer inks and toners.
Niall Mulvey has been associated with the ink cartridges and laser toner manufacturing industry for a long time. His articles help to get useful insights on correct usage of printers, cartridges and toners.
Computers Articles1. Advance B2b Marketplace Portal Script
Author: sawati rawat
2. Doublemediabox.com Target Your Pc : Get Solution To Delete Doublemediabox.com
Author: Chris MArtin
3. Hosted Virtual Desktop And Application Delivery Service Provides
Author: Cyber Link
4. How To Download Netflix Movies
Author: Easy steps to download Netflix movies
5. What Are Gmail Login And Registration Procedure?
Author: John Brown
6. Client Relationship Management Software
7. How Do I Install Adobe Reader In Ubuntu ?
Author: harry jan
8. Apple Cinema Display Repairs In Hammersmith In London
9. How To Fix Adobe Flash Player Not Working Or Loading Issues?
Author: Katrina kim
10. Spam Filtering And Why Your Company Needs It
Author: Frank Bower
11. Steps In Upgrading Windows
Author: Newlite Technical Services LLC
12. Laptop Repair Centre Liverpool | Laptop Repairer
Author: Laptop Repairs
13. How Microsoft Office Support Services Can Help Maintain Ms Tools?
Author: Anika Ahuja
14. Must Have Structures Of Contract Management Software
Author: James Blake
15. Find Professional Custom Design Experts To Create Your Hyip Business Impact Online