ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Save Ink By Following Some Easy Tips While Printing
Total Articles: 11
Although there are a number of reputable companies that sell cartridges and toners for printers at affordable prices, it certainly does not harm to save some of the ink in your own way.
What are some of the basic and easy steps that you can follow while printing to make your printer ink last longer?
• One very simple task that most of us tend to ignore before printing is rechecking the document, for mistakes or any kind of formatting. Once you hit the print button, and later find even a trivial mistake, it can have all the ink in the document wasted. So, you need to print again, using up some more ink. Thus, it is always wise to recheck your document, including print previews to avoid re-printing.
• Unless you need to print something in very high quality, it is good to use the Eco Fast or Fast Draft setting of your printer. Changing print quality to Fast Draft speeds up the printing process and saves your laser toner or ink.
• Printing in greyscale or black and white wherever possible is always advisable. This can help you to save on your colour cartridge. Black ink is normally cheaper than the coloured cartridges.
• Using eco fonts is a good way to save ink. Eco font shoots holes in the font. As a result of the holes, eco font helps to save considerably more ink or toner, as much as 20%, compared to standard fonts.
• In general too, try to use fonts that are not too thick. It is better to avoid using big bold letters. For important parts of the text, such as titles and sub headings, where you require larger font sizes, a grey colored font instead of black can help in saving some ink.
• When you do not find ink coming out of your cartridge, do not immediately replace it. Try cleaning the nozzle to unclog it in case it is blocked. This can be best done using a lint free cloth or damp paper towel.
• Some users tend to replace their printer cartridges the moment they see the “ink is running low” warning. You can actually get hundreds of extra pages even when your computer thinks your printer does not have enough ink. Thus, do not replace the cartridge until the ink in it, is almost completely over.
Apart from following the tips above, always make sure you buy your ink cartridge from reputable service providers. Buying high quality ink for your printers not only ensures it lasts long, but also avoids causing any damage to your printer. You can get best quality printer cartridges and toners as well as satisfactory sales services from well known service providers specializing in printer inks and toners.
Niall Mulvey has been associated with the ink cartridges and laser toner manufacturing industry for a long time. His articles help to get useful insights on correct usage of printers, cartridges and toners.
Computers Articles1. Give A Good Kick Start To Your Busy Day With 3d Printers Machine
2. Codefire Coming Up With Beneficial Mobile App Development Services
Author: Amitesh Kumar
3. Microsoft Products Are Compatible With Windows Operating Systems As Well Mac
Author: Robin Ponting
4. Laptop Screen Repair Centre Glasgow – Laptop Repairer
Author: laptop screen repair glasgow,
5. Manage Project Efficiently With Online Project Management Tools
6. Create Your Smart Address On Map Directions Google To Simply Finding Your Address
7. Improving Cyber Security: Are You Going For The Best?
Author: Megan Darcy
8. Data, Data Everywhere: How Machine Learning Tools Capture The Most Valuable Insights From Your Massi
Author: Bob Kramich
9. Reshape Your Beauty With Online Portrait Retouch Services
10. Take Care Of Your Teeth - It Is More Valuable Than A Diamond
11. Follow Pink Mirror For A Better Version Of Yourself
12. Some Of The Effective Ways How To Make Whiten Teeth Naturally
13. Use Retouch Apps To Reduce Face Size And Look Flawless
14. Get Best Online Photo Editor Tool For Retouching
15. Types Of Lips And What They Reveal About Your Personality