ALL >> Health >> View Article
Total Articles: 3
When a baby is born, there is blood inside of the umbilical cord, and for the longest time, this blood has been thrown out. The reason why it has always been thrown out is because scientists didn’t know the amazing benefits of cord blood.
After extensive research and clinical trials, scientists are using cord blood to save lives. In fact, it’s being used in a number of experimental therapies, and many of these clinical trials have produced amazing results. Since the benefits and potential uses of cord blood were released, many companies give parents the option of storing their child’s cord blood.
There are two types of cord blood banks. The first type is private while the second is public. Most parents are interested in private Cord blood bank because they want to have their child’s cord blood placed in storage. The process is very simple.
Parents who want their child’s cord blood saved must pay a company a fee. The company stores the cord blood, so if the family ever needs the blood, it will always be ready to be used. Once collected from the umbilical cord, the blood is cryogenically frozen, which preserves the blood.
A private cord blood bank is available to all parents, and the cord blood that is stored is available if parents need it, but parents must pay a fee. A public cord blood bank does the same thing as a private bank, but the public bank serves the public, so the blood that is stored in a public bank is not exclusive to any single family.
Why Parents Use Cord blood banks
Although it can be costly, there are several reasons why parents pay to have their child’s cord blood banked. The main reason is to have the blood available for use. Experts say the blood can be used for therapies, and it can be viewed as a form of insurance. If the child ever needs the cord blood, then it will be available if it was banked. However, if a child’s cord blood isn’t banked, then the child could lose a valuable therapy in the event of a serious illness. The odds that a child will ever need the blood are quite low, but many parents don’t want to take that risk, so they pay to have the blood banked. The procedure used to extract the blood is not invasive, and in most cases, it only takes a few minutes.
It’s the stem cells inside of the cord blood that make it so valuable, but despite the benefits of banking the blood, some parents cannot justify the cost. Cord blood bank is an excellent option for many families, but for others, it is not an ideal decision. Parents who are interested have several cord blood banks to choose from, but first, they will have to decide if cord blood banking is worth the cost.
Health Articles1. Itchy Manhood? Use Shea Butter And Vitamin E
Author: John Dugan
2. Porcelain Veneers: What Are They And Why You Might Need Them
3. Dental Professionals – Do You Need To Have A Trusting Relationship
4. Why You Will Need Emergency Dental Care
5. Things To Remember When Choosing The Best Dental Professional For Your Loved Ones
6. The Things To Reflect On Before Selecting A Dental Professional That Can Meet All Your Requirements
7. Don't Fear The Dentist - Beating Your Dental Stress
8. Indications Of A Bad Dentist
9. Best Tips To Choosing A Family Dental Expert
10. Regular Dental Cleaning - Why It Is Necessary
11. Top Five Reasons To Truly Have Periodic Dental Cleaning Done
12. Get Emergency Medical Support By Panchmukhi Air Ambulance Service In Mumbai
Author: Dr Mukesh Kumar
13. Why You May Consider Dental Dentures
14. Great Guidance For Denture Users
15. Teeth Extraction And Why It Is Important