ALL >> Fashion-Costume >> View Article
Chanderi Cotton - The Best Cotton
Total Articles: 266
Chanderi Cotton or Chanderi Cotton Sarees have their origin in Chanderi, Madhya Pradesh, India. The Chanderi fabrics are best known for their handloom clusters, sheer texture, light weight and their glossy transparency. Chanderi Sarees are protected by a Geographical Indication label, certifying their origin.
Origin back, in Vedic period, it is a belief that Chanderi was founded by shishupal, cousin of Lord Krishna.
Chanderi is best-known for its handloom clusters, made with the mix of cotton and silk. The skills and talent of weavers made them special. Weaving high quality of fabric products is the best heritage for these chanderi sarees. Weavers are the real heritage of Chanderi products because of their hardwork and willingness of making high qualified products.
The first Chanderi Saree with gold thread motif and geometric patterns on the cotton muslin saree was brought in the year 1910, by a royal family of Chanderi. Under their patronage, the weavers of Chanderi started weaving of hand spun Chanderi Cotton Sarees.
The fabrics of Chanderi are Pure Silk, Chanderi Cotton and Silk Cotton. The wrap and weft of Chanderi cotton are 120s cotton. Chanderi muslins are well named for their softness and smoothness. Its smooth and softness is only because of koli, a local wild union used for sizing. Chanderi Sarees pallu is woven with rich gold border and gold embellishments with lotus roundels or butis, spread all across the six yards.
Chanderi, is famous for its miraculous hand-woven sarees with art and design works. It is a renowned centre for traditional weavers of sarees. The Chanderi traditional weaving is mainly done for manufacturing sarees and suits.
Keeping in the view by changing demands of the customers, the cluster went forward to weave another variety of fabric by combining the silk wrap with a cotton weft. Nalferma, Jangla, dandidar, Chatai, and Mehndi are striking beautiful motifs of Chanderi Sarees that are apt for beauty.
To gain the hearts of women, Chanderi Cotton sarees are intricately woven by hand interspersed with the delicacy of the extra weft motifs. Different patterns like coins, flowers, leaves, fruits, animals, stones and geometrics are designed on the sarees.
It occupies a special place because of its marvellous handloom clusters. Chanderi Sarees have more than centuries of experience in weaving of sarees.
Chanderi sarees are woven using handmade cotton wraps and wefts. Even the cotton used in these sarees is handmade.
Till Today, by god grace and a mixer of skills and talent of the weavers of Chanderi, it stands the best in market.
Fashion/Costume Articles1. What Makes Mens Diamond Rings So Special?
Author: melrissa rose
2. Layer Up Your Attire With A Burberry Scarf!
3. Find Out 5 Most Likable Gift Items For Women
Author: Hugo McCoy
4. Kalamkari And Ikat! What The Past Has Given The World
5. How Your Wardrobe Changes After Being A Dad?
Author: Intymen Store
6. Some Tips To Be Successful When Purchasing Handbags Online
Author: Sanjay Saha
7. Elegant Cheap Formal Dresses Online For A Variety Of Shapes And Sizes
Author: Jane Foster
8. Van Cleef & Arpels Ballerina Brooch Auction
9. Pull Off Your Look With Personalized T-shirts
Author: Denesh Yadav
10. Customized Wedding Jewelry Has Begun To Fire More And More
11. What Features To Look For While Purchasing The Men’s Watches From Luxury-cs?
Author: Kally Nelson
12. Various Type Of Ladies Handbags To Consider
Author: Yoursuper Buy
13. How To Select The Silver Necklace For Women?
Author: Your Super Buy
14. A Brief Talk On The Mystery Of Cartier 's Advanced Jewelry
15. Cartier Four Classic Wedding Ring To Let Love Forever Spread