ALL >> Business >> View Article
Types Of Floor Tiles That Contractors In Long Island Should Consider
Total Articles: 14
Home renovation experts say that kitchen and bathroom renovations are some of the most lucrative home improvement projects in New York this year. As such, reputable contractors in Long Island shouldn’t be surprised if they will be called upon to do simple floor tile face-lifts on a regular basis. With this in mind, contractors will do well to look into the various flooring materials that they can offer their clients.
Ceramic and Porcelain
These tiles are made from different types of clay which give the finished products their individual properties and design features. Ceramic tiles are generally preferred because they tend to have better aesthetics, while porcelain tiles are better known for their durability and moisture resistance. Certain tiles, though, are made from a combination of these two tile types, such as non-porcelain ceramic tiles that excel in aesthetics and durability, and come in affordable prices.
Linoleum is an amalgam that consists of linseed oil, pine flour, pigments, and other natural products which give them mild antibacterial properties. Their composition alone is enough reason to use linoleum tiles for kitchen and bathroom floors. In previous years, linoleum tiles came only in dull, muted colors; but newer linoleum tiles now have a wide range of design and color options.
Tiles made from natural stones are among the heaviest and most expensive materials that Long Island contractors can offer their clients. However, these tiles are also the most durable and moisture resistant variety, and result in a natural aesthetics that many homeowners prefer. The properties of each tile tend to differ from one type of stone to another, but they more or less have the same space and weight requirements.
Limestone has an earthy quality that makes it a good choice for outdoor areas, although it doesn’t fare quite well against moisture and scratching. Granite tiles, meanwhile, are highly resistant to most types of damages; and in fact, provide a middle ground amongst stone tile varieties, boasting durability and beauty in equal measure. Slate tiles are the heaviest and the most difficult to work with; but they’re incredibly durable, making them ideal for areas that regularly see heavy activity.
There are several other types of tiles that homeowners can choose from for various rooms and purposes. Home remodeling contractors can provide better service by presenting their clients with a range of options. For more on floor tile materials, visit: buildipedia.com/at-home/floors/tile-flooring-101-types-of-tile-flooring and www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-different-types-of-floor-tiles.htm.
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women