ALL >> Health >> View Article
Symptoms Of Colic In Babies & The Difficulties They Face After
Total Articles: 233
There is a vast sea of differences between diagnosing ailments of adults and that of babies. For all the difficulties they face babies have only one equipment of letting others know; that is by crying out loud, be it pain, hunger or even colic.
Colic is a very frequently occurring problem among infants. It is the pain and discomfort in abdomen caused due to indigestion or gas troubles. In babies it may persist from three to five months. The very first symptom that your baby might be suffering from infantile colic is the incessant crying. It is normal for a child of less than sixteen weeks to cry for about three hours for around three days of a week for various other reasons.
If the crying continues for much more than that then it might be a case of colic. Red chin due to this excess of crying is the first symbol of colic. Since the pain revolves around the abdomen area the babies have a tendency to pull up their legs towards the face. In some cases all these are accompanied by bloating of the stomach due to gas but this is not observed all the time. A baby might cry due to hundred and one other reasons but you cannot find any other suitable cause then colic might be the culprit.
Once you suspect that your baby might be suffering from colic it is very important to take him/ her to a doctor, for only a doctor will be able to tell for sure. For infants of such small age it is also very difficult or almost impossible to administer some medicine. Doctors may suggest extremely mild doses of pain killers like Ibuprufen to take care of the pain. Again there are some homoepathic medicines available for pain and gas troubles which are very mild and are suggested in these cases of infantile colic. The only relief is that colic gets cured on its own after a period of time.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited