ALL >> Business >> View Article
Elements Of Good Signage
Total Articles: 29
Signs are a company’s silent sales personnel. They do their job 24x7 without asking for anything in return. A good signage doesn’t just help customers to identify a business; when done correctly, they can serve as the most effective form of advertising. So, what should a good sign look like? What are the key elements followed by a Kansas City sign company for efficient signage? Read further;
When it comes to signboards, appearance is everything. A good sign should make a passerby stop and look at it. Aspects that affect its appearance include;
a) Color: The color scheme should be simple and easily identifiable from a distance. Don’t use more than two or three colors on a sign, if you want people to read its content.
b) Words: The fewer the words, the more people are going to be reading the sign. Not more than 6 is suggested. The same logic applies to signs at malls where multiple listings are placed. Too many different logos and colors compete for attention, thereby confusing the passerby.
c) Colors on letter: Light colored letters on a dark canvas highlights the content and illuminate better than the background.
d) Sign should add to the visual image of the surrounding: It is good if a sign stands out in a crowd, but it shouldn’t contrast the surrounding. For instance, signage placed in a historic area should reflect the aspects of the place. This is ideally regulated by the municipality where the sign is placed.
e) Freestanding signs should be surrounded by landscaping around the base to make it noticeable and pleasing to the eyes.
It is now well accepted that letters in a sign should be a minimum of one inch tall for every 25 feet of distance. This means that the minimum length of a sign should be around 16 inches if they are to be read from a distance of around 410 feet. And if you are using a fancy lettering style, the letter size should be increased. To determine the right size, figure out the total count of letters used in the sign; a single letter should take around one square. An average sign would have around 20 letters, which means the lettering would occupy around 20 square feet. Add to this 40% or around 40 square feet of white space to maintain optimum visibility. And if graphics, logos, etc. are to be added, you will have to add another 30-40 square feet.
Assuming that a car travels at a speed of 25-30 mph, your signboard should be visible from a distance of around 410 feet. And that too, if placed perpendicular to the roadway. If it is to be mounted on a building parallel to the road, this distance from which the sign should be seen would be more.
The author of this article talks about the importance of good signage for a company. He also assists you to choose the right outdoor signs in Kansas City for an effective marketing. Grab the ideas and get maximum exposure.
Business Articles1. Development Of Chinese Magnesium Oxide Enters Acceleration Period
Author: hu Allen
2. Indian Crafts - C Table Dealer
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
3. All You Need To Know About Ppgi Coil
4. How Can Solar Energy Be Used Effectively And How To Install Solar Power At Home?
5. 11 Things That The Receipt Management Software Can Do And Its Growing Acceptability Among Retailers
Author: Caramel POS
6. Tensile Structure For Hotel – Which Is The Best Material For Them?
Author: Tensile Architecture
7. Seo Company In Coimbatore
Author: suvagar suva
8. Opportunities For The Global Vinyl Flooring Market To Reach $16.2 Billion By 2023
9. Rubber Floor Mats Manufacturing
Author: James Matt
10. Choose Reliable Easton Orthodontist Treatment
Author: Exeter Orthodontics
11. Organic Spices And Herbs - Keep Them Fresh
Author: Jason Mckinstry
12. Commercial Steel Buildings Are Best For Business
Author: Arnold Shawn
13. All That May Possibly Be Increasing The Bounce Rate Of Your Business Website!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
14. A Contractor Can Build Homes And Businesses
Author: Arnold Shawn
15. Av Universal- Top Event Management Company In Va Helping You Making Your Events Better