ALL >> Health >> View Article
Emergency Dentistry Situations
Total Articles: 9
A dental emergency is a situation needing the immediate attention of a dentist, even out of the clinic’s usual operating hours. Emergency dentistry situations may involve extreme pain on the part of the patient, as well as the presence of bleeding or trauma. These cases need to be attended to by a dentist to make sure that the patient gets long-lasting pain relief and to ensure safety from more serious complications.
There are also cases when emergency dentistry is needed to save an affected tooth (or teeth) from being totally lost. In these situations, timing is critical and an emergency dentist needs to be seen immediately – if possible, within one hour from the time the dental problem occurred or happened.
Dental Emergency Situations and Concerns
Toothache – A toothache is one of the most common dental emergency situations. Extreme pain and discomfort can render a person immobile and unable to do anything else. Going to a dentist for emergency treatment can bring permanent pain relief from extreme tooth pain, and may also be the way to save a tooth from being extracted.
Impacted Wisdom Teeth Problems – An impacted wisdom tooth is one that has not grown out fully from under the gum line. This problem can cause severe pain as the teeth push sideways against the surrounding teeth. Impacted teeth also have a higher risk of developing tooth decay, since they are very hard to clean from their location under the gum line.
Sports Injury – The teeth and mouth area may be affected by injuries from sports activities; these emergency dental situations often involve bleeding and trauma. Immediate attention from the dentist is needed to ensure that the bleeding is managed and stopped, and to ensure the safety of the patient.
Lost Crowns or Fillings – When dental crowns or dental fillings are accidentally lost, the dentist should immediately be seen to protect the affected teeth from infections and pain.
Broken or Fractured Tooth – Emergency dental care is needed when a tooth is broken or fractured, to keep the problem from progressing into a more complicated concern. Immediate dental attention is also needed for pain relief.
Gum Problems – Mild gum problems need to be seen immediately by the dentist to prevent complications from developing, and also to provide long-lasting pain relief.
Broken Braces – Orthodontic braces can be broken or damaged due to trauma or injuries. Orthodontic braces will need to be seen by an emergency dentist so that the orthodontic treatment can be continued without problems, and also to ensure that no other damage has been done to the teeth and mouth area.
London City Smiles offers the widest choice of general, cosmetic dentistry & dental implant treatments at surprisingly affordable prices. We also provide face, skin and lip treatments. Our dentists are specialized in complex dental implant solutions (for missing teeth). If you are searching for a dentist using the keywords, dentist Islington or dental implants London, visit www.londoncitysmiles.com today.
Health Articles1. Popularity Of Big Breasts In The 21st Century!
Author: Pankaj Singhal
2. Anti Aging Treatment In Bangalore
3. Things About Ground Ambulance That You Must Know
Author: Amb Life
4. Few Reasons To Choose Dental Implants
Author: Nazila Nosratieh
5. What To Do If Your Hair Transplant Treatment Failed
Author: Pankaj Singhal
6. 7 Ways To Keep A Brilliant Attitude As A Caregiver
Author: Warren Winnipeg
7. Diet And Male Organ Function May Be Related
Author: John Dugan
8. Prp Skin Treatment – Breast Augmentation In Dubai Can Help You Achieve Natural Size Of The Breast!
Author: Abharan Dari
9. Top Benefits Of Choosing Dental Implants
Author: Wynona G. Ehret
10. Itchy Member Primer: Midsection Lice
Author: John Dugan
11. How ‘psychiatric’ And ‘power Of Psychiatrists’ Can Improve Your Life
12. An Orthodontist In San Bruno Explains Some Of The Benefits Of Invisalign
Author: Steve Irwin
13. Lecithin Supplements Can Support Your Liver Health, Your Nervous System, And Your Digestive System S
Author: oen thomson
14. Couples Counseling Therapy – Marriage Counseling Can Make A Big Difference For Both Of You!
Author: Dennis Tucker
15. Where To Start A Bathroom Remodel Functionality For Your Home
Author: Logan Daniel