ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
How To Select The Best Tire For Automobile?
Total Articles: 312
There are a lot of brands and varieties of tires, which have made it difficult to select the right tire for automobile. Here are the aspects which should be considered for buying a tire:
Type of the Tire:
The foremost question which is usually asked by the dealer is related to the type of tire. Select the tire according to the type of vehicle and how do you want to use it.
Tires for Better Handling:
If you have purchased touring tires, it will provide dependability both on wet and dry roadway. These tires give a noise free and smooth ride to enjoy the driving.
Tires for Unbeatable Performance:
There are specific tires, designed for high performance, such as in sports car. The rubber compound is soft to provide the grip on the road.
Tires for SUV and Pickup Truck:
The tires for light trucks give traction and stability in off-road unfavorable conditions. Moreover, SUV tires are best to use for comfort-tuned and on-road SUV.
Tires for Commercial Vehicles:
These tires are used for driving in mud, dirt and adverse wear and tear conditions for commercial use.
Keep in mind; always purchase a tire, which can fulfill your daily needs. Always use a tire which is suitable for typical as well as most horrible conditions. What is your performance measure? Do you prefer wet traction valuable than the dry roads. If you explain in detail about your requirements, the dealer can help you in selecting the right tire.
These tires are special for wet, icy, snowy and cold weather. Though these are particularly designed for wet roads, but you can use them on dry surfaces as well.
These tires are perfect for off the road driving as these tires have rigid sidewalls. These tires cannot get puncture easily.
Size of the Tire:
The tire should be purchased according to the size, written on the tire label.
The tire width can be checked by three digit number in millimeter.
The carcass plies moves from lip to lip around the tire. The radial, which is denoted by “R” shows the carcass plies construction.
Load Index: It shows the weight capacity at high pressure. If a tire has a low index for load, do not try to purchase it.
Mud & Snow:
In order to check the standard of the Rubber Manufacturer Association, note the S and M letter on the tire. These letters are written in one of these patterns, M&S, M/S and M+S.
If you are searching tires for rear and front wheels, it is good to use new tires to avoid over-steer situation. The tires for four wheel vehicles must be purchased by checking the below mentioned points:
Same in size
Don’t jumble up bias-ply and radial
The outer circumference must be within the range of 1 and ½ inches of each other
Never mix up the all-season and off-road tread patterns
It is prohibited to exceed the legal recommended speed, even if the tires are of high quality and up to the standard.
Automobiles Articles1. Detailed Guide To Wash Your Car Properly With 2 Bucket Method And Car Wash Shampoo
Author: neel patel
2. How To Choose Best Gps Anti Car Theft Device?
Author: Randeep Kumar
3. A Mobile Roadworthy Certificate Centre May Come Handy While In A Hurry
Author: Luca Curtis
4. Customised Motorcycles Give The Rider A Style Statement
Author: Levi Fysh
5. Tips To Buy A High Mileage Car
6. Importance Of Learning Through Simulators
Author: Eesha Zaveri
7. How Technology Is Changing The Teaching Techniques Today?
Author: Eesha Zaveri
8. The Used Mercedes Benz Dealers In Miami Offers Best Collection For Your Choice
9. Taking Care Of Your Sydney Trailer
10. Advices To Get Auto Financing From Car Dealership
11. Travel Bike – Folding Bike Fits For Just Any Type Of Road!
Author: Paul Pinigis
12. Top 10 Popular Upcoming Bikes In India To Launch In 2017 & 2018
Author: Adaalo India
13. Rockman - Automotive Component, Two Wheeler Parts, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
14. Top 5 Tips For A Successful Auto Repair Service
Author: Paul Zervos
15. Raceway Kia Brings New Ownership With A Trusted Name