ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Basic Maintenance Techniques For Your Car Or Truck
Total Articles: 399
It is natural that vehicles’ components are prone to damage, due to bad weather conditions or excessive use. Sometimes the carelessness of the driver also becomes a reason of degradation. It directly changes the fuel consumption or effects on speed. Here are some tips to direct, how to maintain the truck yourself by a little careful attitude and maintenance.
How to Maintain the Truck at Low Cost?
Before taking a start, it is obligatory to get equipment and check the model of truck. Purchase a manual copy for owners from auto parts store. Purchase hard axle grease, can for engine oil (light), powdered-graphite lock lube, white door-hinge lube, non-wax polish for car and hard auto wax.
Unlock the doors, covers of lift rear-hatch and gas filler door. Observe all the items and fasten the loose one. Use grease on the spring hinges and apply white grease over and inside door latches, seat latches and seat slides. Use powdered graphite in the locks. Now take spray oil and use it at gas lid and at the back of the fender. These safety measures will combat against the corrosion and give life to your vehicle.
Interior of Truck:
Take a clean rag and dip it in grease and oil. Use it over the hinges, inside the ash tray, inside the dash and metal gloves box openers. It is important to explain that doorsill covers after grease can save the metal for ten years.
Underside the Vehicle:
Just like the upper surface, underside of the truck must be observed for possible maintenance. Check the emergency brake. Bring tools such as parts for brake system, exhaust system and drain plugs. Notice, if there is any leakage. In case, there is any spot on the ground or chassis, check the type of spot and color. Inform the dealer for the relevant repair work.
Now, use spray-oil on metal body and wheels’ underneath area. Just replace one wheel and give oil inside of the wheel and use grease around studs and the hub. However, the brake discs, brake parts and wheels should not be lubricated. Set the hard grease into the lugs threads and nuts.
Make it a routine to notice the tire inflation on a monthly basis. Overinflation can upgrade the gas mileage, but will become the reason of rough wear and damage the tire. International underinflation is good to amplify traction, although chronic underinflation makes the tires patchy, too fast as well as waste more than 2% efficiency of fuel for every pound of pressure, the truck tires are stumpy. Consequently, less than five pounds indicate the wastage of 10% gas fuel or petrol along with 10% more pollution in the air.
Check the tires and wheels once after every six month time period. The use of the new tire and wheel can reduce gas money, natural resources and decrease the amount of air pollution.
If you want to enjoy safe driving, change the lubricants on a routine basis. The suspension connection and steering joints must be greased by grease gun. After every 3,000 miles running, engine oil should be changed for the best outcome.
Automobiles Articles1. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
2. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
3. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
4. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
5. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
6. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
9. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
10. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
11. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
12. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
13. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
14. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
15. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point