ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Do You Know That Opposites Attract In A Miniature Fairy Garden?
Total Articles: 11
Have you ever wondered how the professional designers create beautiful miniature gardens? Do you make sketches in your mind of their final designs in hopes of planting a garden with classic combinations? One of the secrets to their gardening style is that when it comes to texture… opposites attract!
This article explains how opposites attract in a miniature fairy garden.
In the plant world, you will discover many opposites when it comes to textures, such as smooth or prickly, delicate or rough, and lacy or solid. Texture refers to the surface characteristics that can be experienced through actually touching the plant or visually experiencing the illusion of touch. The shading of colors and the reflection of light also create texture in the miniature garden, as well as the gloss or dullness of the hues. Plants create texture in the garden in addition to pathways, hardscape, furniture, and structures. There are endless ways to combine the various textures and create a successful garden.
Let’s start with the three basic texture groups: coarse, medium, and fine. When planning a container or a backyard miniature garden, work with achieving a balance of textures. Highly textured plants, for example a Stonecrop, would fall into the coarse category, as well as hardscaping materials or gardening structures with rough surfaces. Medium textures as in the Tiny Toes Coleus provide a pleasing transition between the rough and smooth plants. Lastly, the fine texture can be seen in the Aureus Dwarf Golden Sweet Flag with its spiky, but smooth thin leaves. Ferns and grasses also fall into the fine category. Consider using a thin wired arbor or polished surfaces on your accessories to incorporate some delicacy in the miniature garden. Remember the various textures of plants and accessories can be relative to each other.
What may seem finely textured becomes coarse when placed next to an item with a smooth and glossy surface. From a design standpoint, it is best to use fine textured plants against a backdrop of bolder textures and forms, since bolder textures cause the eye to stop while finer plants increase the feeling of space. Working with bolder textures and the dynamic contrast they create makes a garden exciting! When you are combining plants, make sure their requirement for the sun, water, and soil are the same. Before planting and decorating your miniature garden, take some time to visually audition your design while keeping in mind these secret tips for successful, small-scaled gardening.
Miniature Gardening offers a variety of accessories, fairies, plants, garden tools & furniture to create enchanting miniature landscapes for containers or your yard. Adding fairy houses like whimsical cottages, gnome doors, bridges, paths, rustic fences, garden tools and even a miniature animal or two to the miniature garden will delight all in your family.
Home and Garden Articles1. What Is The Importance Of Roof Cleaning And Maintenance In Miami?
Author: Hector Sanchez
2. Important Guidelines For Purchasing Rustic Dining Table!
3. Why Hiring Relocation Company Is A Smart Decision
Author: Kathe Jonson
4. Your Guide To Buy The Best Goodman2 Ton Air Conditioner
Author: karanveer rawat
5. Few Tips For Purchasing Rustic Furniture New Hampshire!
6. Buy Only Quality Rustic Furniture New Hampshire!
7. Different Kinds Of Cleaning Services
Author: Kelli Jones
8. The Hardwood Flooring Sydney Offers A Range Of Quality Products For Your Flooring Options
9. What Are The Ultimate Advantages Of Window Glass Repair In Chicago?
Author: Russell Rabin
10. Why Choose Led Light Bulbs?
Author: Brilliant Homes
11. Pest Control Methods- Understanding The Different Options To Overcome Pest Maniac
Author: Kavya Joshi
12. Foxmowing Specializing In High-end Domestic And Commercial Lawn Mowing Projects
Author: Phil Maunder
13. Fixed Canopy Awnings Perfect Solution For When Protection Is Required From Sun Or Rain
Author: Joseph Zammit
14. Bringing The Latest Designs And Interiors At A Resonable Rate
Author: D'esprit Interiors
15. Tips To Ensure Garage Door Safety For Your Home In Rockville, Md
Author: Chan S