ALL >> Business >> View Article
Legal Separation Vs. Divorce Know The Distinction
Total Articles: 230
The decision to end a marriage is never easy. Mental and emotional trauma aside, the legalities of the endeavor are taxing and confusing. Couples who have decided to separate ways have two options; to either file for divorce or get legal separation. Though fairly similar, the two are in fact two different legal processes. Here is a guide to understanding the distinctions between legal separation and divorce.
Legal separation is not the absolute end of marriage. A separated couple still has the choice of working things out and getting back together. A legal separation assigns rights and responsibilities to each spouse pertaining to child custody, debt, child visitation, and phoenix bankruptcy attorney. Both the spouses still have the same legal rights and responsibilities as when they were married.
A legal separation may only be decreed if both parties have agreed to the arrangement. Couples with children have to file for a different petition than those with children. Even though both parties are allowed to live as single people, they cannot marry anyone else; legal separation does not dissolve a marriage.
A divorce is the official termination of a marriage. In Arizona a divorce is legally known as the ‘Dissolution of Marriage’ and it doesn’t require the consent of both the spouses. A single spouse can file for divorce. Couples with children have to file for a ‘Petition for Dissolution of Marriage with Children’. The parties have to allege that the marriage is irretrievably broken and there is no room for any reconciliation and if the court finds that to be true, divorce is granted and the marriage dissolved.
When to Choose One over the Other
• Some people who want their marriage to be dissolved but are restrained because of faith based reasons resort to file for a legal separation instead
• Some people who still want to give their marriage a chance but cannot tolerate their spouse’s financial liability, addiction problems or lifestyle also choose legal separation in hopes that things might get better in the future
• Some people who would’ve gone for divorce otherwise, file for legal separation so that they can still remain eligible for their spouse’s group insurance
Let the Phoenix Attorney Network Help You
The phoenix bankruptcy attorneythe top attorneys across several fields of law. The experience, expertise and responsiveness of the Phoenix attorneys help you obtain justice and resolve all your legal problems. Phoenix family law attorneys are experts in the field of family law and aim to protect the rights of all involved. Contact us the Phoenix Attorney Network to get the best representation.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining