ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Why Is Having Knowledge Of Rock Climbing Knots Important?
Total Articles: 233
Rock climbing is an extreme sport that offers the most adventurous and challenging physical experience of all outdoor activities. Seeing the popularity of this sport worldwide, you too must have b been hit by a rock climbing wave! So before venturing out, you should learn the fundamentals of the sport well as it requires a lot of safety precautions and excellent physical health.
Rock climbing is a risky activity that involves climbing steep and rocky terrains. Hence one needs to be fully armed with the necessary safety tools to avoid cuts, scratches and falls.
Certain adventure sports require a complete co-ordination of your physical strength and your presence of mind and rock climbing is one of them. One of the most underrated aspects of rock climbing is the knots used for tying the ropes. The climbers must have the knowledge of how to tie at least four to five types of knots to ensure that their rope remains secure during the climb such that they don't run the risk of falling off from the cliff.
Knots are the most important part of the rescue system and are a central feature in any climbing activity. The knots made on the rope will help you make an easy climb. You need to master some knots and their variations to prepare yourself for an adventurous rock climbing experience.
1) The Figure Eight knot. It is one of the most robust rock climbing knots a climber can use. It is the simplest knot to tie. It can be tied in two different ways.
A) at the end of the rope which is referred to as a 'follow through' and
B) in the middle which is referred to as on the 'bight'.
2) The Clove Hitch. This knot is very easy to adjust. It is a knot used most often in setting up belays during a rock climbing session. It can also be tied using just one hand with a little bit of practice.
3) The Bowline. It is frequently used by rock climbers for fastening their harnesses to the ends of their rope. Though isn't the easiest knot to learn, it can be used for securing rope to any piece of climbing gear.
4) The Water knot. It is used for joining flat stretches of material such as climbing belts or webbing together. This is one of the quickest knots to tie.
5) The Prusik. It is often used during self rescue.
Sports Articles1. Football Drills For Goalkeepers - A Beginners Pattern!
Author: Michal Magid
2. Bike Events- Great Place For Bike Lovers To Go
Author: Jeffrey Ween
3. Rb Leipzig Vs Fc Porto Soccer Tips Uefa Champions League
4. Apoel Nicosia Vs Borussia Dortmund Betting Tips Uefa Champions League
5. Catalonia’s Independence: An End To El Clasico
Author: Kevon Robinson
6. Best Deals Only @uk Golf Deals
Author: Parveen Kumar
7. Mithali Raj Family, Bio, Career, Facts, Achievements
8. The New And Exhilarating Sport Of Zorbing
Author: Jason Maria
9. Get Customized Boat Switch Panel As Per Your Requirement
Author: Joe Dutton
10. Youth Empowerment Ngos In India
Author: Satya prakash
11. Osasuna Vs Albacete Soccer Tips And Prediction Spanish Segunda Division
12. Buying Boat Parts Online – An Important Part Of Your Boat Maintenance
Author: Joe Dutton
13. Ski-doo Snowboard Rack- The Best Winter Time Vehicles
Author: Willox Avery
14. Snooker Records And Their Importance
Author: ponting brown
15. Golf Equipment Shops - Online Vs Offline
Author: George Nicholas