ALL >> Sports >> View Article
Why Is Having Knowledge Of Rock Climbing Knots Important?
Total Articles: 233
Rock climbing is an extreme sport that offers the most adventurous and challenging physical experience of all outdoor activities. Seeing the popularity of this sport worldwide, you too must have b been hit by a rock climbing wave! So before venturing out, you should learn the fundamentals of the sport well as it requires a lot of safety precautions and excellent physical health.
Rock climbing is a risky activity that involves climbing steep and rocky terrains. Hence one needs to be fully armed with the necessary safety tools to avoid cuts, scratches and falls.
Certain adventure sports require a complete co-ordination of your physical strength and your presence of mind and rock climbing is one of them. One of the most underrated aspects of rock climbing is the knots used for tying the ropes. The climbers must have the knowledge of how to tie at least four to five types of knots to ensure that their rope remains secure during the climb such that they don't run the risk of falling off from the cliff.
Knots are the most important part of the rescue system and are a central feature in any climbing activity. The knots made on the rope will help you make an easy climb. You need to master some knots and their variations to prepare yourself for an adventurous rock climbing experience.
1) The Figure Eight knot. It is one of the most robust rock climbing knots a climber can use. It is the simplest knot to tie. It can be tied in two different ways.
A) at the end of the rope which is referred to as a 'follow through' and
B) in the middle which is referred to as on the 'bight'.
2) The Clove Hitch. This knot is very easy to adjust. It is a knot used most often in setting up belays during a rock climbing session. It can also be tied using just one hand with a little bit of practice.
3) The Bowline. It is frequently used by rock climbers for fastening their harnesses to the ends of their rope. Though isn't the easiest knot to learn, it can be used for securing rope to any piece of climbing gear.
4) The Water knot. It is used for joining flat stretches of material such as climbing belts or webbing together. This is one of the quickest knots to tie.
5) The Prusik. It is often used during self rescue.
Sports Articles1. Fsv Mainz 05 Vs Sc Freiburg Prediction German Bundesliga
2. Triathlon Clothing Shop
Author: Triathlon Clothing Shop
3. Perks Of Watching Cricket Online In Android
Author: Andre Ron
4. Make Use Of Gym Chalk To Get That Perfect Grip
Author: Elite Gymnastics
5. Custom Printed Golf Balls: The Buying Guide
Author: Good Fortune
6. Duck Hunting Vacations In San Antonio Texas-significant Guidelines To Train Your Duck Hunting Dog
Author: Murray Martin
7. Ipl 2018 Live Score Schedule - Cricket Match Results Highlights Of Point Table
8. Ipl 2018 Cricket Match Time Table And T20 Matches Schedule
9. Ipl 2018 Live Score Cricket Match Highlights - T20 Ipl Score Card Updates
10. How To Improve Grip On Badminton Shoes?
Author: Jeremy Hughes
11. Health Benefits Of Practicing Archery
Author: Joel Turner
12. Ipl Auction: Kings Xi Punjab
Author: Puneet Dua
13. Let's Begin Your Soccer Training
Author: Jackson Jones
14. Know The Advantages Of Watching Cricket Online
Author: Andre Ron
15. Ipswich Town Vs Millwall Prediction England Championship