ALL >> Business >> View Article
Use Of Nerve Block Injections For Pain Management
Total Articles: 235
Among the many methods used for pain management Dallas, nerve block injections are also one of the most popular options used by major pain clinics in Dallas. These injections are usually administered when a group of nerves in the body cause pain in a specific region or part of the body. Usually, anesthetics are injected into these areas so that they can temporarily numb the pain.
Types of Nerve Block Injections
There are various different types of nerve block injections that are used depending on the purpose and type of pain the person is experiencing. These types of injections include:
• Prognostic Nerve Blocks – These injections are given when patients need to determine what outcomes more permanent medical procedures would likely have. For example, if the patient is scheduled to undergo surgery, this type of nerve block can be used to check if it would be successful for treating pain.
• Therapeutic Nerve Blocks – These injections are usually used to treat pain in specific areas. Local anesthetics are used in this injection that can successfully block acute pain for some time.
• Preemptive Nerve Blocks – These injections are given after a medical procedure to reduce the pain in the area that has resulted due to the procedure. A condition that can be alleviated from these injections includes phantom limb pain.
• Diagnostic Nerve Blocks – These injections are used when the source of pain is not known. In these injections, an anesthetic is used with the duration of relief known. These injections are usually given to patients who are facing difficulty in determining exactly where they are experiencing pain.
Classification of Nerve Blocks
Depending on which area of pain needs attention, different kind of nerve blocks is injected. For instance, if you need a nerve block in the facial area, you would usually be injected with a trigeminal nerve block but for eyelids and the scalp, the ophthalmic nerve block is used most commonly. Different types of epidural blocks are used for neck and back areas. In a similar manner, a variety of nerve blocks are used depending on which body part of yours need treatment. For detecting nerve damage in the spine, sympathetic nerve block is used more commonly while stellate ganglion block is used to detect nerve damage in the head, chest, arm and neck areas.
The Risk of Using Nerve Blocks
While there are various types of nerve block that can be injected, they are not always the only solution for pain management doctors in Dallas, Texas. These injections are only useful if your pain is associated with a single area, otherwise these injections won’t be effective for your pain management. Also, they have some side effects that patients using them can experience. These side effects include rashes, itching, bleeding, soreness, weight gain, elevated blood sugar levels and extra energy. So before you take nerve blocks, make sure you inform your doctor about your medical history in complete detail to avoid any complications.
Business Articles1. Why You Must Discover The Piano
Author: Shanna Cazneaux
2. An Affordable Virtual Office Service
Author: Unknown Member
3. How To Get Debt Consolidation Loans With Lowest Interest Rates
Author: Nicole jiang
4. Purchasing Guide For Recreations Headphones
Author: Natasha Grice
5. The Best Email Marketing Software For Small Business
Author: Ravi Shankar Upahdyay
6. Carpet Cleaners In Orange County
7. How Moneylender Services Can Help You Consolidate Your Loan Requirement
Author: Nicole jiang
8. Carpet Cleaning In California
9. Crucial Industrial Lifting Accessories And Importance Of Their Inspection
Author: Asmita Lokhande
10. Easy Ways To Bring Down Your Heating & Cooling Costs
Author: Ron Neeley
11. Personalized Jute Bags Are A Must In 2017
12. Wedding Jute Bags - The Most Appealing Type Of Wedding Bags
13. Best Ticket Exchange Service
14. Jute Gift Bags - The Most Appealing And Eco-friendly Gift Bags
15. Fancy Jute Bags - How Fancy Can You Be?