ALL >> Business >> View Article
Use Of Nerve Block Injections For Pain Management
Total Articles: 230
Among the many methods used for pain management Dallas, nerve block injections are also one of the most popular options used by major pain clinics in Dallas. These injections are usually administered when a group of nerves in the body cause pain in a specific region or part of the body. Usually, anesthetics are injected into these areas so that they can temporarily numb the pain.
Types of Nerve Block Injections
There are various different types of nerve block injections that are used depending on the purpose and type of pain the person is experiencing. These types of injections include:
• Prognostic Nerve Blocks – These injections are given when patients need to determine what outcomes more permanent medical procedures would likely have. For example, if the patient is scheduled to undergo surgery, this type of nerve block can be used to check if it would be successful for treating pain.
• Therapeutic Nerve Blocks – These injections are usually used to treat pain in specific areas. Local anesthetics are used in this injection that can successfully block acute pain for some time.
• Preemptive Nerve Blocks – These injections are given after a medical procedure to reduce the pain in the area that has resulted due to the procedure. A condition that can be alleviated from these injections includes phantom limb pain.
• Diagnostic Nerve Blocks – These injections are used when the source of pain is not known. In these injections, an anesthetic is used with the duration of relief known. These injections are usually given to patients who are facing difficulty in determining exactly where they are experiencing pain.
Classification of Nerve Blocks
Depending on which area of pain needs attention, different kind of nerve blocks is injected. For instance, if you need a nerve block in the facial area, you would usually be injected with a trigeminal nerve block but for eyelids and the scalp, the ophthalmic nerve block is used most commonly. Different types of epidural blocks are used for neck and back areas. In a similar manner, a variety of nerve blocks are used depending on which body part of yours need treatment. For detecting nerve damage in the spine, sympathetic nerve block is used more commonly while stellate ganglion block is used to detect nerve damage in the head, chest, arm and neck areas.
The Risk of Using Nerve Blocks
While there are various types of nerve block that can be injected, they are not always the only solution for pain management doctors in Dallas, Texas. These injections are only useful if your pain is associated with a single area, otherwise these injections won’t be effective for your pain management. Also, they have some side effects that patients using them can experience. These side effects include rashes, itching, bleeding, soreness, weight gain, elevated blood sugar levels and extra energy. So before you take nerve blocks, make sure you inform your doctor about your medical history in complete detail to avoid any complications.
Business Articles1. One Of The Best Kitchen Equipment Manufacturers
Author: Paul Wright
2. Advantages Of Getting Listed In Online Construction Directory
Author: John Smith
3. How Radiologist Email Lists From Healthcare Mailing Change Your Business Perception?
Author: Richard Braxon
4. Choose Yourself As A Yoga Teacher With The Help Of Adinath Ashram
Author: Jack Stevens
5. Best Service Provider For Life Time Events In Pune
Author: biz porto
6. Crimping Your Own Earrings
Author: Nitesh Pathak
7. An Overview Of Surface And Chemical Analysis
Author: Tan Sean
8. Prorack Roof-racks Install With Smart-foot Technology
Author: Tony Bulic
9. Siib: The Changing Face Of Business Education In India
Author: Mohan Kumar
10. Things To Know About Coworking Spaces
11. Things To Consider Before Opting For A Mailbox Rental
12. Different Types Of Advertisement Print Products
13. Advantages Of Hiring Professionals For Printing
14. Data Cabling Through Wire Mesh Cable Tray
Author: Noah Gabriel
15. Pretreatment And Grit Removal From Sewage Water To Repurpose It
Author: Manoj Shukla