ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Remove Nasty Carpet Stains With Homemade Stain Removers
Total Articles: 233
Carpet cleaning is essential for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness at home. The carpet gets stamped with dusty shoes and slippers everyday when you have people walking in. Kids play on the same carpet and become prone to diseases.
No homemaker would want to see stains on an otherwise pristine carpet. With the proper cleaning techniques, you can remove any kind of stain from your carpets and rugs. Are you wondering how to keep your carpet stain free? Here you will get some answers to your frequently asked questions about stain removal from carpets.
1) Calling a professional carpet cleaning company becomes expensive. First try to blot a liquid stain before it penetrates into your carpet pile.
2) Carpet fibres are extremely delicate, especially the natural fibres. Avoid rubbing the stain into your carpet or it will damage the fibres and the stain may spread.
3) Other stains such as mud are easier to remove when dry. Do not re-wet mud! Let mud dry and then gently vacuum up or brush up with care.
4) You can use homemade stain removers for carpets. Household products can remove many types of stains. Like club soda may help to remove common stains of coffee and red wine.
5) Rubbing alcohol may help remove ink, oil or grease stains.
6) A non-acetone nail polish remover can remove any nail polish remains on the floor. It is important to rinse the stained area with cold water after removing the stain.
7) Never use a chlorine bleach to clean your floor. It can cause stains and discolouration. If you spill bleach on the carpet, you must clean it up as quickly as possible to avoid a permanent damage.
8) Use a basic ammonia solution. Take one cup of water and simply add two tablespoons of regular household ammonia. This solution comes handy to remove pet stains, lipstick stains, ink, chocolate marks, blood and beverage spills.
9) You may also use a very mild detergent solution. To prepare this solution, you can add a quarter teaspoon of liquid detergent to a cup full of warm water and pour it in the spray bottle. Use this spray over the stain and after it gets dried, vacuum it.
10) The last homemade carpet cleaning tip is using a vinegar based solution. Mix one cup of vinegar to two whole cups of water and pour this solution in a spray bottle. Use it as mentioned above.
Home and Garden Articles1. Electrical Service Upgrade For Safe And Uninterrupted Energy Consumption
Author: Christine Delongte
2. 4 Reasons Why Renovating Your Cottage Is A Good Idea
Author: Christine Delongte
3. Guide To Buying Wooden Wall Clocks For Homes And Offices
Author: Jeremy Kugler
4. Emergency Plumbing Repair Service For Home And Office
Author: Jack Ronald
5. Should I Replace My Entry Door?
Author: Mary Morris
6. Best Range Of Gas Cook Tops
7. Slab Leak Repair In The Easiest And Most Efficient Way
8. Top Reasons To Opt For Professional Window Glass Replacement In Chicago
Author: Russell Rabin
9. Pool Remodeling- Getting A New And Wonderful Pool For Your Home In Charleston
Author: David Smith
10. Everything You Should Know About Services In End Of Lease Cleaning
Author: Karanveer Rawat
11. Steps To Take Before You Buy A Mowing Franchise: Businesses For Sale
Author: Phil Maunder
12. Classic Design Of Venetian Blinds Giving Flexible Control Of Light And Privacy
Author: Joseph Zammit
13. The Biggest Home Furnishing Trends Of 2017 That Will Rule Your Home
Author: Nupur Tiwari
14. Architecture Design Ideas That Influence Modern Lifestyles
Author: Saloni Sharma
15. Waterproofing Of Timber Structures
Author: Matthew Lavitov