ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Remove Nasty Carpet Stains With Homemade Stain Removers
Total Articles: 233
Carpet cleaning is essential for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness at home. The carpet gets stamped with dusty shoes and slippers everyday when you have people walking in. Kids play on the same carpet and become prone to diseases.
No homemaker would want to see stains on an otherwise pristine carpet. With the proper cleaning techniques, you can remove any kind of stain from your carpets and rugs. Are you wondering how to keep your carpet stain free? Here you will get some answers to your frequently asked questions about stain removal from carpets.
1) Calling a professional carpet cleaning company becomes expensive. First try to blot a liquid stain before it penetrates into your carpet pile.
2) Carpet fibres are extremely delicate, especially the natural fibres. Avoid rubbing the stain into your carpet or it will damage the fibres and the stain may spread.
3) Other stains such as mud are easier to remove when dry. Do not re-wet mud! Let mud dry and then gently vacuum up or brush up with care.
4) You can use homemade stain removers for carpets. Household products can remove many types of stains. Like club soda may help to remove common stains of coffee and red wine.
5) Rubbing alcohol may help remove ink, oil or grease stains.
6) A non-acetone nail polish remover can remove any nail polish remains on the floor. It is important to rinse the stained area with cold water after removing the stain.
7) Never use a chlorine bleach to clean your floor. It can cause stains and discolouration. If you spill bleach on the carpet, you must clean it up as quickly as possible to avoid a permanent damage.
8) Use a basic ammonia solution. Take one cup of water and simply add two tablespoons of regular household ammonia. This solution comes handy to remove pet stains, lipstick stains, ink, chocolate marks, blood and beverage spills.
9) You may also use a very mild detergent solution. To prepare this solution, you can add a quarter teaspoon of liquid detergent to a cup full of warm water and pour it in the spray bottle. Use this spray over the stain and after it gets dried, vacuum it.
10) The last homemade carpet cleaning tip is using a vinegar based solution. Mix one cup of vinegar to two whole cups of water and pour this solution in a spray bottle. Use it as mentioned above.
Home and Garden Articles1. A House That Gives You Opportunity To Make The Most Out Of Living Space
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
2. The White Teak Company - The New Destination For Luxury Home Decor
3. Wardrobes In Kirti Nagar
Author: Alisha Shah
4. Luxury British Brand Furniture Collection Set To Reach Auction
5. Tips To Plan A Father’s Day Party At Home In Lilburn Ga
Author: Melinda Harris
6. Explanation On Why Furniture Stores In Perth Is Important
Author: Kai Baxter
7. 6 Key Reasons Why Limestone Is One Of The Best Building Materials
Author: Daniel Maxted
8. 11 Best Things To Do When You Are Alone
Author: Nug Brand
9. Mortgage Broker Markham
10. Sobha Chennai – Buy Luxury Apartments, Flats, Plots & Homes In Omr Porur Chennai
Author: Sobha Limited
11. How To Do Upholstery Cleaning – 5 Diy Tips
Author: Mike Aurtho
12. Landscaping – We Help You To Bring Your Imagination Into Reality
Author: Simmy Ahuja
13. Home Decor Trends You Must Know This Year
Author: Ajay Sharma
14. Smart Ways To Reduce Waste Around You
Author: Hampry Gomes
15. What’s Important To Know While Revamping Your Home
Author: Ajay Sharma