ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Remove Nasty Carpet Stains With Homemade Stain Removers
Total Articles: 233
Carpet cleaning is essential for maintaining hygiene and cleanliness at home. The carpet gets stamped with dusty shoes and slippers everyday when you have people walking in. Kids play on the same carpet and become prone to diseases.
No homemaker would want to see stains on an otherwise pristine carpet. With the proper cleaning techniques, you can remove any kind of stain from your carpets and rugs. Are you wondering how to keep your carpet stain free? Here you will get some answers to your frequently asked questions about stain removal from carpets.
1) Calling a professional carpet cleaning company becomes expensive. First try to blot a liquid stain before it penetrates into your carpet pile.
2) Carpet fibres are extremely delicate, especially the natural fibres. Avoid rubbing the stain into your carpet or it will damage the fibres and the stain may spread.
3) Other stains such as mud are easier to remove when dry. Do not re-wet mud! Let mud dry and then gently vacuum up or brush up with care.
4) You can use homemade stain removers for carpets. Household products can remove many types of stains. Like club soda may help to remove common stains of coffee and red wine.
5) Rubbing alcohol may help remove ink, oil or grease stains.
6) A non-acetone nail polish remover can remove any nail polish remains on the floor. It is important to rinse the stained area with cold water after removing the stain.
7) Never use a chlorine bleach to clean your floor. It can cause stains and discolouration. If you spill bleach on the carpet, you must clean it up as quickly as possible to avoid a permanent damage.
8) Use a basic ammonia solution. Take one cup of water and simply add two tablespoons of regular household ammonia. This solution comes handy to remove pet stains, lipstick stains, ink, chocolate marks, blood and beverage spills.
9) You may also use a very mild detergent solution. To prepare this solution, you can add a quarter teaspoon of liquid detergent to a cup full of warm water and pour it in the spray bottle. Use this spray over the stain and after it gets dried, vacuum it.
10) The last homemade carpet cleaning tip is using a vinegar based solution. Mix one cup of vinegar to two whole cups of water and pour this solution in a spray bottle. Use it as mentioned above.
Home and Garden Articles1. Different Types Of Automatic Garage Door Openers And Their Safety Measure
Author: Micheal Smith
2. Starting A Gardening Business Franchise In Australia – Pros Or Cons
Author: Phil Maunder
3. Tips To Buy Or Hire Outdoor Heater
Author: Jessie Cooper
4. The Failure Reasons Of Automatic Garage Door
Author: Micheal Smith
5. 4 Amazing Tips For Better Lawn Care
Author: Michael Foley
6. Relocation Made Easy And Safe With Professional Moving Company
Author: Michael Holden
7. 6 Simple Tips To Get The Most Attractive Wooden Floors In Sunderland!
Author: Kevin Elliott
8. Add Excitement In The Space By Bringing Readymade Curtains
Author: Tanvi Gupta
9. Chest Of Drawers: The Perfect Piece Of Furniture For Storage And Decor
Author: Wooden Space
10. Top Kitchen Equipment Exporter
11. Diy Low Cost Cleaning Tips Shared By Best Sydney Apartment Cleaner
Author: Lucas Brown
12. Mosaics In Interior Designs
Author: Emily Stone
13. 5 Cheap Tips By Landscaper’s To Increase Value Of House In Inner West
Author: Ammy Hardson
14. Roof Cleaning – Make Your Home Exterior Beautiful
Author: Mike Aurtho
15. Energy Star Windows - Are They Worth It?
Author: Mary Morris