ALL >> Computers >> View Article
How To Protect My Pc From Virus Threats
There are many serious repercussions of a virus attack into your PC. Once, any kind of virus attacks your system, it can corrupt programs, damage the data, access your personal information and much more. So, to be on safer side, you can take these precautionary steps suggested by Antivirus Technical Support.
Clean up all the history and Cache of your web browser
When you are using a public computer, you need to make sure that you don’t leave the details behind. The details of the webpages you have visited and all your information that many websites ask you to fill in, such as your name or address can be hacked easily. To prevent this, you must ensure that you delete the web browser’s history as well as Cache before turning that system off. You also need to delete the cookies from your browser to ensure a proper safety.
Keep The UAC (User Account Control) On
What UAC does? It lets you know whenever the administrator –level changes are being made to your PC. It protects your PC from any kind of unauthorized change to occur. It is always advised by the Online Antivirus Tech Support to turn on the UAC. So, when the next time a virus tries to make a change to your PC, it has to get approved from UAC.
How to put the UAC on?
• Go to the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
• Type UAC in the search box and click on the Change User Account Control Settings.
• Move the slider and choose when you want to be notified and hit OK to turn on the UAC. You might be asked for the administrator password or confirmation. You are advised to provide the same.
Change The Browser’s Privacy Settings
When you know there are so many websites out there that are designed specially for fraud, misleading advertising, theft of personal information of the user, and corrupting your data, you need to adjust the privacy settings of your Internet Explorer. For this, you need to launch the Internet Explorer. Go to the tools. Then, click on internet options. After this, click on Privacy. You can raise the privacy to any level you desire. And one can restore the default privacy settings.
Always Use A Firewall
The Firewall acts like a wall between your system and the internet. It prevents the internet from transmitting any kind of harmful elements like viruses, worms or any harmful programs designed by the hackers to your computer.
As per the Virus Problem Solution,to turn the Windows firewall on, you need to perform some quick steps. Go to the Start button and then, to the Control Panel. In the search bar, you need to write Windows Firewall and when it appears, click on the same. You will be provided with the option of Turn the Windows Firewall On. By clicking on this, you will enable the Firewall.
Computers Articles1. The Computer Repair Service Milwaukee Is A One Stop Shop For All Computer Repairs And Data Recovery
2. Contact Data Recovery Milwaukee Experts To Restore Data From Failed Hard Disc Drives
3. Contact Expert Hyip Custom Design Professionals To Enhance Your Business Presence Online
4. How To Resolve Yahoo Mail Sign In Page Problems
Author: mark belly
5. 5 Tips For Choosing Your Salesforce Consulting Partner
Author: Allie Laine
6. The Best Site For Your Revelation Online Gold
7. The Best Gaming Store At Your Service
8. The Best Gold Buys For Albion
9. Find The Best Sales For Mmorpg Gold
10. Find The Best Eso Gold Online
11. Online Gaming Gold Services At Your Convenience
12. Discover The Best Adena Buy Online
13. Buy And Sell Eso Gold Today
14. Buy And Sell Virtual Gaming Items On Online Today
15. Meet The Professional Gaming Virtual Goods Seller