ALL >> Family >> View Article
Stem To Steam Ahead!
Total Articles: 14
If you are a parent, you most likely are familiar with the term STEM — which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. This concept has been widely accepted and advocated among teachers and parents and has now evolved by adding Arts to the mix, changing the acronym to STEAM.
To quote STEM to STEAM, the organization that has created the concept “Art + Design are poised to transform our economy in the 21st century just as science and technology did in the last century. We need to add Art + Design to the equation — to transform STEM into STEAM. STEAM is a movement championed by Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and widely adopted by institutions, corporations and individuals.”
The objectives of the STEAM movement are to:
- transform research policy to place Art + Design at the center of STEM
- encourage integration of Art + Design in K–20 education
- influence employers to hire artists and designers to drive innovation
After all, what would Leonardo da Vinci be remembered for if it were not for his diagrams? Where would Apple be if the company’s products were not so well designed?
In STEAM, the art and design part of the equation can refer to the disciplines in a classical sense, but also as a form of innovation. Form tends to follow function, but it often requires a creative mind to determine what form is appropriate. Narrowly focusing education on science and technology may have the undesirable consequence of educating generations to be unable to think creatively and hence, unable to innovate.
CNK Digital, together with its partner, Three Black Dot, the developers of the most downloaded new game on Apple devices worldwide, are creating a series of educational gaming mobile apps called STEAM.
By including STEAM into ClickN KIDS curriculum, it allows students not only to learn the fundamentals such as science and engineering, but also to use their creative thinking and in turn develop new technology, making the world a better place. With a complete Pre-K to 3rd grade curriculum developed by top research professor, ClickN KIDS teaches children to read and spell, using fun games.
The core to ClickN KIDS is creating educational software, primarily products that help children with reading, spelling and early learning. ClickN KIDS material complies with the research that is required by the federal government and acceptable for use in classrooms. In addition, any ClickN KIDS product is available on all platforms such as Android and iOS.
ClickN KIDS has invented a fun and exciting technology-based solution that enables children the world over to master reading and spelling and to start their young lives with self-confidence including the Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics, and the ClickN KIDS Family Tablet.
Article Source: ClickN KIDS
Family Articles1. The Respite Care Sunshine Coast Allows Family Careers To Take A Break From Elderly Care
2. Tips To Care Your Newborn Babys
Author: ashutosh Ashu
3. Relationship Compatibility – Harmony Is So Very Important
Author: Rose Caiola
4. Shopping For Your Kitty? Avoid These Mistakes
Author: Emma B
5. Top 10 - Family Friendly Holidays In Slovenia
Author: Jacob Barry
6. Find Best Autism Respite Care Providers Online
7. The Home Care Sunshine Coast Agency Offer Best Services For The Elderly Support
8. Professional Nanny Jobs Abroad
9. I Need A Live In Nanny
10. Where To Find Nanny Jobs
11. Nanny Full Time Jobs
12. Looking For A Live In Nanny
13. Step-by-step Successful Suggestions When Thinking Of Baby Items
Author: Bob Smith
14. Best Respite Child Care Jobs Online
15. Aged Care Sunshine Coast Is Your One Stop Shop For Elderly Home Care Services