ALL >> Family >> View Article
Stem To Steam Ahead!
Total Articles: 14
If you are a parent, you most likely are familiar with the term STEM — which stands for Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. This concept has been widely accepted and advocated among teachers and parents and has now evolved by adding Arts to the mix, changing the acronym to STEAM.
To quote STEM to STEAM, the organization that has created the concept “Art + Design are poised to transform our economy in the 21st century just as science and technology did in the last century. We need to add Art + Design to the equation — to transform STEM into STEAM. STEAM is a movement championed by Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and widely adopted by institutions, corporations and individuals.”
The objectives of the STEAM movement are to:
- transform research policy to place Art + Design at the center of STEM
- encourage integration of Art + Design in K–20 education
- influence employers to hire artists and designers to drive innovation
After all, what would Leonardo da Vinci be remembered for if it were not for his diagrams? Where would Apple be if the company’s products were not so well designed?
In STEAM, the art and design part of the equation can refer to the disciplines in a classical sense, but also as a form of innovation. Form tends to follow function, but it often requires a creative mind to determine what form is appropriate. Narrowly focusing education on science and technology may have the undesirable consequence of educating generations to be unable to think creatively and hence, unable to innovate.
CNK Digital, together with its partner, Three Black Dot, the developers of the most downloaded new game on Apple devices worldwide, are creating a series of educational gaming mobile apps called STEAM.
By including STEAM into ClickN KIDS curriculum, it allows students not only to learn the fundamentals such as science and engineering, but also to use their creative thinking and in turn develop new technology, making the world a better place. With a complete Pre-K to 3rd grade curriculum developed by top research professor, ClickN KIDS teaches children to read and spell, using fun games.
The core to ClickN KIDS is creating educational software, primarily products that help children with reading, spelling and early learning. ClickN KIDS material complies with the research that is required by the federal government and acceptable for use in classrooms. In addition, any ClickN KIDS product is available on all platforms such as Android and iOS.
ClickN KIDS has invented a fun and exciting technology-based solution that enables children the world over to master reading and spelling and to start their young lives with self-confidence including the Looney Tunes ClickN READ Phonics, and the ClickN KIDS Family Tablet.
Article Source: ClickN KIDS
Family Articles1. Factors That Can Affect Your Chance Of Getting Pregnant
Author: Swati Desai
2. 7 Tips To Treat Pcos With Proper Diet
Author: Swati Desai
3. Tips To Choose The Right Life Partner
Author: Abhimanyu Singh
4. Should You Hire A Nanny?
Author: alma milerr
5. Assess The Help Of A Caregiver
Author: Alma miller
6. How Efficient Is An Online Matrimony In India?
7. Express Your Feelings With The Finest Flowers
8. Vacation Deals Guideline - What To Appearance For Inside Family Holidays
Author: Ross Barkely
9. Telugu Marriage | Matrimonial Sites In India | Marriage Beuro Telugu
10. Is It Time To Hire Childcare Provider?
Author: alma miller
11. The Aged Care Sunshine Coast Offer Best Home Care Packages For The Elderly To Lead An Independent Li
12. 7 Best Useful Tips To Find Your Life Partner
13. Environmental Allergy: A Complete Overview Of This Health Issue In Dogs
Author: Jennifer Miller
14. Absorb More Vitamin C With Now Vitamin C Powder!
Author: Owen Thomson
15. 5 Days Of Diwali 2017
Author: Pooja Joshi