ALL >> Health >> View Article
Vitamin C Helps Our Body To Growth And Develop.
Total Articles: 34
Vitamin C is also known as ascorbic acid. It is known to be a powerful antioxidant in the body. It is a water-soluble essential vitamin that is quickly lost from your body, so daily intake is vital.
•This product is involved in a large number of biological processes, making it essential for health.
•It is used to create collagen in the body, a protein that makes the skin, joints and bones strong.
•This vitamin plays a role in healing wounds within the body.
•The body utilizes vitamin C in the immune system by maintaining activity of the white blood cells.
Food Sources,Black currants, green pepper, mangoes, oranges, cabbage, tomatoes, and potatoes
•Water, cooking, heat and light all reduce the levels of the this vitamin available in food sources.
•Vegetables begin to lose this product as soon as they are cut.
•Beta carotene is present in orange and yellow fruits and vegetables and dark, leafy greens.
Smokers, those who consume alcohol regularly, people taking medications regularly, and people who suffer from stress regularly all may benefit from taking adequate or slightly higher than daily recommendations of vitamin C.
How to Take It
The best way to take vitamin C supplements is 2 - 3 times per day, with meals, depending on the dosage. Some studies suggest that adults should take 250 - 500 mg twice a day for any benefit. Talk to your doctor before taking more than 1,000 mg of vitamin C on a daily basis and before giving vitamin C to a child.
Daily intake of dietary vitamin C (according to the National Academy of Sciences) is listed below.
Vitamin C supplements have a diuretic effect, meaning the help the body get rid of excess fluid. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids when taking them.
Most commercial vitamin C is made from corn. People sensitive to corn should look for alternative sources, such as sago palm.
This drug increases the amount of iron absorbed from foods. People with hemochromatosis, an inherited condition where too much iron builds up in the body, should not take these supplements.
This drug is generally considered safe because your body gets rid of what it does not use. But at high doses (more than 2,000 mg daily) it can cause diarrhea, gas, or stomach upset. If you experience these side effects, lower the dose of this drug.
People with kidney problems should talk to their doctor before taking vitamin C.
People who smoke or use nicotine patches may need more vitamin C because nicotine makes this product less effective in the body.
Vitamin C may raise blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. In older women with diabetes, doses of this above 300 mg per day were associated with an increased risk of death from heart disease.
Taking right before or after angioplasty may interfere with healing.
If you are being treated for cancer, talk to your oncologist before taking this product. Vitamin C may potentially interact with some chemotherapy drugs.
Store at room temperature. Protect from heat, light and moisture. Keep away from reach of children.
Health Articles1. Male Organ Pain: Are Barrier Protections To Blame?
Author: John Dugan
2. Know About The Key Responsibilities Of A Healthcare Support Worker
Author: Paige Rees
3. Smilex - The Place For Getting The Best Solution For Dental Issues
Author: Mohan Kumar
4. The Easiest Guide Ever To Get Fit & Healthy
5. Span Sure Medical Instruments Pvt. Ltd., Korea Automatic Thermal Massage Bed - Suppliers
Author: spansure medical
6. Midwives Acquire Nursing And Midwifery Programs To Fulfill Big Responsibilities
7. Specialties And Steps Involved In Elective Abroad Medical And Pre Medical Programs
8. Clinically Proven Solutions For Hairloss!!! Unfortunately Less Known!!!
9. How To Treat Gum Disease?
Author: Chris Hugh
10. Ways To Find The Best Chiropody Clinic
Author: The Harley Medical Foot and Nail Laser Clinic Lond
11. How A Good Parent Helps A Childcare Western Sydney
Author: Colleen Grenville
12. Top 30 Signs And Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Author: Peter Dobie
13. Male Organ Pain After Oral Sensual Activity: Urethritis?
Author: John Dugan
14. The Growing Relevance Of Mobile Massage Services In Albuquerque
Author: Bernadette Gongora
15. Now Natural Cure For Diabetes Is In Your Fingertips
Author: Salveo Life Sciences Limited