ALL >> Wedding >> View Article
A Line Wedding Gowns - Preferable Choice For A Special Day
Total Articles: 66
With the term A-line wedding gowns, it appears that we are talking about skirts. But those women who are conscious about fashion and trends will easily understand that A-line is a multiple term usable also for dresses, coats and gowns. If this term is taken on technical grounds, it describes a skirt falling down on hips and growing downwards giving a resemblance to letter “A”. These are actually vintage wedding dresses having a separate history in them.
The history of these a line wedding gowns is linked to Christian Dior. He introduced in 1955 in his spring collection, this new and distinct style. It was given the name, initially as, A-Line Collection. Theme of that collection was a dress with a fingertip long blazed jacket which was worn with a dress having a long skirt. This was not actually similar to the existing style of a line skirts. Dior had released three of his collections at that time in which A LINE collection was one. Rests of the two were named as H & Y styled collections. As emanating from name it can be said that Dior introduced his collections at the names of alphabet and it was not the case that these styles were exactly in resemblance to that of shape of alphabets.
Silhouette that symbolizes the A line style in present times was actually first sent into the market in 1958 in a very different style. That style consisted of gowns with fitted shoulders and flaring outwards. Since that time was not good for such type of styles, it was not given sufficient attention but after a break of some time, it finally attained required appreciation by the peoples. Later, in 1970s these vintage wedding dresses acquired enough liking of brides and women. Fashion has no end day and it operates like a cycle. Though a line gowns were firstly introduced by the Dior and Saint Laurent but present a line wedding gowns cannot be said as their invention.
Since skirts flaring up on hips was in fashion from the times of King Edward, their modified shape introduced by Dior and Saint Laurent with the term a-line failed to attain enough preference. However, Laurent’s A-line silhouette was popular in its times just for the reason as it was suitable for every type of body shapes. Whether a woman was taller, apple shape or even a round shape with a fatty body, a line silhouette was suitable for her. By wearing an A-line skirt, a lady could be able to highlight any of her body parts.
A bride naturally gains attraction of the participants but it is more suitable and appreciable if she is admired for her beautiful dressing. Vintage wedding dresses are perfectly designed for the purpose of glorifying a bride’s personality, so these are a perfect choice.
Wedding Articles1. 2 Bridesmaid Dresses Trends That Are Favored By Most Fashion Designers!
2. How To Chose Your Wedding Car?
3. Events By Keisha- A Professional Choice For Successful Party
Author: Keisha Walker
4. Have You Found Your Fort Lauderdale Wedding Photographers Yet?
5. Smart Guide To Flower Decoration In Plush Event Venues Of Bangalore
Author: Syed Atif
6. Top Wedding Reception Ideas For A Truly Successful Event
7. Luxury Features Of Bangalore Wedding Resorts
Author: Atif Syed
8. Share Wedding Video Invitations Online With Friends And Family Members
Author: Abhishek Sawant
9. How To Plan The Best Caribbean Wedding
Author: Romanus Melius
10. Carda - Buy Online Wedding Cards, Wedding Hampers, Indian Wedding Invitations & Envelopers Design
Author: Carda Cards
11. How To Order For A Lovely Gujarati Wedding Kankotri Invite?
Author: Mangesh Shah
12. Bangalore Banquet Halls And Grand Ideas To Decorate Them
Author: Syed Atif
13. How To Live A Happy Married Life (part 4)
14. A Few Things To Know About Wedding Photography And Wedding Photographer In Cancun
Author: Luckie Photography
15. Dreaming Of A Grand Royal Indian Wedding??
Author: Hari Kant