ALL >> Business >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Sciatica
Total Articles: 235
Sciatica refers to pain that radiates from your lower back down to your legs all along the sciatic nerve, the largest nerve in the body. Sciatica is basically a symptom which causes mild or excruciating pain in the lower proximities of the body and may make standing or sitting uncomfortable or in some cases, painful.
The pain may develop suddenly or gradually depending upon the severity of the cause. It might cause burning, tingling, weakness and numbness in the legs and feet.
Sciatica may be caused by a number of factors, all related to the compression of a nerve(s) in the lower spinal region. Some of the main conditions are:
• A Herniated or slipped disc is the most common cause of Sciatica. In both the instances a nerve root is pinched and causes discomfort.
• Spinal stenosis may also cause Sciatica those results from the narrowing of the spinal canal with pressure on the nerves.
• Performs syndrome that results as the performs muscle that lies in the buttocks spasms, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
• Spondylolisthesis is caused when the gap between two vertebras decreases as one slips and gets out of line from the one above it, narrowing the exit for the sciatic nerve.
Doctors perform various physical and other medical exams to diagnose sciatica. Some of the tests include:
• Straight-leg test
• MRI or CT scans
• Nerve conduction velocity studies
The purpose of these tests is not only to diagnose sciatica but also understand the cause of the pain. By narrowing down the basic causes, doctors are able to treat sciatica effectively and efficiently.
The treatment of sciatica depends on the severity of and the cause of pain. The purpose of treatment is to reduce pain and increase mobility. Usually a combination of rest, physical therapy and medicine is suggested to treat the pain. Medicine helps reduce inflammation and pain management doctors Los Angeles helps with mobility, painkillers and muscle relaxants are used to relieve pain. Physical therapy is used to increase flexibility and reduce pressure on the nerve. Some doctors may also suggest spinal injects or surgery in severe cases.
Los Angeles Pain Management Clinics Offer the Best Sciatica Treatments
pain management los angeles offer professional Sciatica treatments that are both effective and efficient. The pain management doctors do a thorough physical and medical exam to ascertain the cause of pain and then design a customized treatment plan that combines medication, physical therapy and rest to cure the patient’s sciatica. The following treatments are provided on their own or in combination:
• Chiropractic Adjustments
• Narcotics and Muscle Relaxers
• Ice & Heat
• NSAID’s and Tylenol
• Spinal Decompression Therapy
• TENS Unit
• Physical Therapy with Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation
• Epidural Steroid Injections
Pain management doctors only suggest surgery in the most dire of cases. You can visit Los Angeles pain clinics to get the best pain management treatments in the state.
Business Articles1. Title Loan: Well Option To Get Cash ?
2. New York Customs Importer Security Filing
3. Hydraulic Pipe Repairs Atlanta Carried Out By Experts In The Industry
4. Hiring A Planner For Your Beach Wedding
Author: Steve Hardin
5. Stag Weekends In Riga
6. Real Time Forex Signals – 3 Ways To Benefit From Them
Author: Marianne Edward
7. Forex Signal Provider – How Do They Assist The Traders?
Author: Marianne Edward
8. Flight Ticket Booking
9. Politicians- Why They Are Being Trolled By Public?
Author: Voteo Polis
10. 7 Biggest Human Resource Mistakes Made By Businesses
Author: Sandra Lee
11. Mobile Beauty Team In Arlington
12. Shop At A Great Knives Store
13. Construction Company In Uk
14. Cool Portable Mini Dvd Players
Author: Justin Kimbrough
15. Get The Complete Contact Details Of Trackvia Database Technology Users That Generates High-quality P
Author: Jordan Smith