ALL >> Business >> View Article
All You Need To Know About Sciatica
Total Articles: 230
Sciatica refers to pain that radiates from your lower back down to your legs all along the sciatic nerve, the largest nerve in the body. Sciatica is basically a symptom which causes mild or excruciating pain in the lower proximities of the body and may make standing or sitting uncomfortable or in some cases, painful.
The pain may develop suddenly or gradually depending upon the severity of the cause. It might cause burning, tingling, weakness and numbness in the legs and feet.
Sciatica may be caused by a number of factors, all related to the compression of a nerve(s) in the lower spinal region. Some of the main conditions are:
• A Herniated or slipped disc is the most common cause of Sciatica. In both the instances a nerve root is pinched and causes discomfort.
• Spinal stenosis may also cause Sciatica those results from the narrowing of the spinal canal with pressure on the nerves.
• Performs syndrome that results as the performs muscle that lies in the buttocks spasms, putting pressure on the sciatic nerve.
• Spondylolisthesis is caused when the gap between two vertebras decreases as one slips and gets out of line from the one above it, narrowing the exit for the sciatic nerve.
Doctors perform various physical and other medical exams to diagnose sciatica. Some of the tests include:
• Straight-leg test
• MRI or CT scans
• Nerve conduction velocity studies
The purpose of these tests is not only to diagnose sciatica but also understand the cause of the pain. By narrowing down the basic causes, doctors are able to treat sciatica effectively and efficiently.
The treatment of sciatica depends on the severity of and the cause of pain. The purpose of treatment is to reduce pain and increase mobility. Usually a combination of rest, physical therapy and medicine is suggested to treat the pain. Medicine helps reduce inflammation and pain management doctors Los Angeles helps with mobility, painkillers and muscle relaxants are used to relieve pain. Physical therapy is used to increase flexibility and reduce pressure on the nerve. Some doctors may also suggest spinal injects or surgery in severe cases.
Los Angeles Pain Management Clinics Offer the Best Sciatica Treatments
pain management los angeles offer professional Sciatica treatments that are both effective and efficient. The pain management doctors do a thorough physical and medical exam to ascertain the cause of pain and then design a customized treatment plan that combines medication, physical therapy and rest to cure the patient’s sciatica. The following treatments are provided on their own or in combination:
• Chiropractic Adjustments
• Narcotics and Muscle Relaxers
• Ice & Heat
• NSAID’s and Tylenol
• Spinal Decompression Therapy
• TENS Unit
• Physical Therapy with Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation
• Epidural Steroid Injections
Pain management doctors only suggest surgery in the most dire of cases. You can visit Los Angeles pain clinics to get the best pain management treatments in the state.
Business Articles1. Gst Accounting Software
2. The Greener Solution To Cleaner Water
Author: Leslie WaterWorks
3. Concrete Contractors, Concrete Driveway, Tree Removal Lot Clearing - St. Helen
Author: Jeffrey Jones
4. Valuable Information About Chauffeur Car Services In Paris
5. Pictures Of Dogs And Puppies
6. Advantages Of Using Shackles For Lifting Heavy Loads
Author: Asmita Lokhande
7. How To Get High Rank On Google Using Latest Seo Techniques
Author: Anderson Mark
8. Collaboration Is Important For Getting Things Done, If Handled Properly
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
9. Top Online Accounting Software In 2017
Author: Mohit Yadev
10. Strategies For Share Trading
Author: Darren Bentley
11. Static Caravan Dealers
12. Opportunities For The Global Frp Pole Market To Reach $322.1 Million By 2022
Author: Lucintel LLC
13. Excellent Software Training Program By Enosis Learning - Creating Software Professionals
Author: biz porto
14. Buy Curtains Online
15. Surefire Favor Ideas To Perk Up Beach Wedding
Author: Steve Hardin