ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Environmentally Sound Automotive Air Filters
Total Articles: 312
When I explain to someone that there are several lines of vehicle air filters available that are environmentally sound I usually receive a quizzical look back from that person. For some motorists the idea of environmentally compatible automotive parts is a foreign concept to them. Yet, when you think about it many parts that come standard on just about any vehicle qualifies for that title. A catalytic converter is one part that everyone knows about, even if they don't understand exactly how one works. So, exactly what is an environmentally sound air filter? Let’s take a closer look for all the details.
As you probably know the air filter that comes with your car is made predominately of paper with plastic molding holding the filter together. If you change the air filter at recommended intervals – once a year is common – you can easily go through 3, 5, or even 10 or more air filters depending on how long you keep your car as well as how many miles you put on your car. All of these air filters end up in your trash and then go straight to the dump. The paper in the filter will probably disintegrate quickly, but the plastic sits in place perhaps for thousands of years.
If this sort of thing disturbs you then take heart. Thanks to race Car technology, manufacturers have developed reusable air filters for many production vehicles. If you purchase one for your vehicle it likely will be the last one you ever need. How is that? Because a reusable air filter can be cleaned and put back in your car over and over again. In fact, quality reusable air filters are designed to outlast your car with many guaranteed to last 500,000 miles or more, even up to one million miles!
A reusable air filter costs more, with prices running approximately 2-4 times the price of a standard air filter. If you keep your car for any length of time you will get that money back, but if do not you are still helping to show environmental responsibility by keeping our landfills free of unnecessary throw away parts.
Two additional benefits of a reusable air filter -- the type that K&N and other top manufacturers produce -- is that it will give your vehicle a boost in horsepower as your engine will run more efficiently. Furthermore, a more efficient engine burns less fuel so your fuel economy goes up too.
So, what is there not to like about a reusable air filter? In reality, not much! By installing a reusable [or performance] air filter you help the environment, realize a noticeable gain in horsepower, and you burn less fuel. A true win-win-win proposition, don’t you agree.
Automobiles Articles1. The Real Reason We Need To Stop Trying Too Hard In Car Servicing And Repair
Author: James Elston
2. Now Is The Time For You To Know The Truth About Car Valeting
Author: Rhys Gibson
3. Modify A Chopper Using Custom Made Parts Which Are Now Available Online
Author: Levi Fysh
4. How To Acquire A Higher Loan-to-value Percentage On Your Auto Loan?
Author: jeffery reynold
5. Lightweight Folding Bike – It’s The Best Travel Bike Out There!
Author: Paul Pinigis
6. What Sort Of Things You Need To Consider During A Long Drive?
Author: My Tyre Point
7. Effective On Roadside Assistance For Car Lockouts In Raleigh, Nc
Author: Jasin Walva
8. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Unit Manufacturer In Pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
9. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
10. Vehicle Tracking System Dealer In Pune- India| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
11. Gps Vehicle Tracking System Manufacture In Pune| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
12. Gps Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india|nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
13. Vehicle Tracking System Manufacturer In Pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
14. Vehicle Tracking Server-pune-india| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd
15. Gps And Gsm Vehicle Tracking System| Nuevas Technologies Pvt Ltd