ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Engine Treatment Aids Conservation Efforts
Total Articles: 399
conservation is taking on a new importance. The automotive industry is doing its part with research and development into various technologies, some of which may make it to the marketplace.
But until then, motorists are looking for concrete steps they can take to help them use less gas, save money and help the environment.
Good driving habits - avoiding hard accelerations or speeding - can easily improve everyday gas mileage. Regular maintenance helps by allowing a vehicle to get its optimal mileage; such maintenance reduces polluting engine emissions. And something as basic as keeping tires properly inflated can give motorists an extra 3 or 4 miles per gallon.
When everyone conserves, the potential for fuel-saving becomes enormous.
The use of engine additives is another tool to conserve gasoline in a vehicle owner's arsenal, according to the makers of Xcelplus, a single-use additive that coats internal engine parts with an ultra-thin protective layer that reduces wear and tear and improves fuel mileage. They point toward a U.S. Department of Energy study showing that the nation could save more than 100 million barrels of fuel each year through the use of this product.
Individual motorists can expect to see an average increase of 6 percent in miles per gallon, according to the Department of Energy study. Other tests showed an increase of up to 17.5 percent.
An added benefit is longer engine life. The U.S. Army used the Xcelplus formula in controlled tests involving mission-critical equipment and "found virtually no wear or deterioration to all components treated" as well as protection in the case of engine oil loss due to its coating properties.
Combine the benefits of this engine additive with the extra miles per gallon one can expect through sensible driving habits, regular maintenance and keeping tires at proper inflation, and the numbers add up to real savings for consumers.As gasoline prices fluctuate in each day's headlines.
Automobiles Articles1. The Miami Used Luxury Cars For Sale Offers A Wonderful Choice To Own Your Dream Car
2. Annual Cost Of Ownership Of Car: The Aspect That Car Buyers Often Overlook
Author: Kaitlin Miller
3. Crucial Things To Know Before You Buy Your First E-bike
Author: Manisha Nigam
4. Why Renting A Luxury Car Is A Good Idea For Your Next Event At Los Angeles?
Author: Eric Burton
5. Your Options In Car Financing
Author: Pushpendra Sing
6. Buy Electric Skateboards: 4 Things You Must Do To Choose An Appropriate Seller
Author: Liva Wong
7. Stop Your Net Surfing For Best Auto Transport Services With Auto Trans Group
Author: Ivan Pavlov
8. Have A Look On The Most Frequent Reasons Of Car Tyre Wear
Author: My Tyre Point
9. Find The Right Lube Trailer For Sale To Increase Industrial Efficiency
Author: Scott Lee
10. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
11. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
12. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
13. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
14. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
15. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe