ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Engine Treatment Aids Conservation Efforts
Total Articles: 312
conservation is taking on a new importance. The automotive industry is doing its part with research and development into various technologies, some of which may make it to the marketplace.
But until then, motorists are looking for concrete steps they can take to help them use less gas, save money and help the environment.
Good driving habits - avoiding hard accelerations or speeding - can easily improve everyday gas mileage. Regular maintenance helps by allowing a vehicle to get its optimal mileage; such maintenance reduces polluting engine emissions. And something as basic as keeping tires properly inflated can give motorists an extra 3 or 4 miles per gallon.
When everyone conserves, the potential for fuel-saving becomes enormous.
The use of engine additives is another tool to conserve gasoline in a vehicle owner's arsenal, according to the makers of Xcelplus, a single-use additive that coats internal engine parts with an ultra-thin protective layer that reduces wear and tear and improves fuel mileage. They point toward a U.S. Department of Energy study showing that the nation could save more than 100 million barrels of fuel each year through the use of this product.
Individual motorists can expect to see an average increase of 6 percent in miles per gallon, according to the Department of Energy study. Other tests showed an increase of up to 17.5 percent.
An added benefit is longer engine life. The U.S. Army used the Xcelplus formula in controlled tests involving mission-critical equipment and "found virtually no wear or deterioration to all components treated" as well as protection in the case of engine oil loss due to its coating properties.
Combine the benefits of this engine additive with the extra miles per gallon one can expect through sensible driving habits, regular maintenance and keeping tires at proper inflation, and the numbers add up to real savings for consumers.As gasoline prices fluctuate in each day's headlines.
Automobiles Articles1. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
2. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford
3. How To Detail Car Like A Pro
Author: neel patel
4. Things You Probably Didn't Know About Sell Your Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Auto Care
Author: James Elston
6. How Car Valeting In Sutton Can Increase Your Profit!
Author: Rhys Gibson
7. Different Ways Of Finding Custom Choppers On Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
8. Tips To Find The Best Auto Financing Rates
9. Points To Know When Financing New Car
Author: haggerty ford
10. Two Great Tips That Can Help You Maintain Your Bmw Luxury Car Better
Author: BMW Bavaria Motors
11. 3 Tips For You To Be Careful While Buying A Used Luxury Car
Author: BMW Parsoli Motors
12. Carbon Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Is Designed To Deliver Maximum Convenience And Benefit For The
Author: Paul Pinigis
13. Essential Tips For Purchasing A New Car
14. Australian Transport Fuel Tanks On Show Across The World
15. Car Essentials – Things You Should Always Have In Your Car
Author: neel patel