ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Engine Treatment Aids Conservation Efforts
Total Articles: 312
conservation is taking on a new importance. The automotive industry is doing its part with research and development into various technologies, some of which may make it to the marketplace.
But until then, motorists are looking for concrete steps they can take to help them use less gas, save money and help the environment.
Good driving habits - avoiding hard accelerations or speeding - can easily improve everyday gas mileage. Regular maintenance helps by allowing a vehicle to get its optimal mileage; such maintenance reduces polluting engine emissions. And something as basic as keeping tires properly inflated can give motorists an extra 3 or 4 miles per gallon.
When everyone conserves, the potential for fuel-saving becomes enormous.
The use of engine additives is another tool to conserve gasoline in a vehicle owner's arsenal, according to the makers of Xcelplus, a single-use additive that coats internal engine parts with an ultra-thin protective layer that reduces wear and tear and improves fuel mileage. They point toward a U.S. Department of Energy study showing that the nation could save more than 100 million barrels of fuel each year through the use of this product.
Individual motorists can expect to see an average increase of 6 percent in miles per gallon, according to the Department of Energy study. Other tests showed an increase of up to 17.5 percent.
An added benefit is longer engine life. The U.S. Army used the Xcelplus formula in controlled tests involving mission-critical equipment and "found virtually no wear or deterioration to all components treated" as well as protection in the case of engine oil loss due to its coating properties.
Combine the benefits of this engine additive with the extra miles per gallon one can expect through sensible driving habits, regular maintenance and keeping tires at proper inflation, and the numbers add up to real savings for consumers.As gasoline prices fluctuate in each day's headlines.
Automobiles Articles1. Timing Belt
Author: David J Warner
2. An Overview On ‘how To Sell My Scooter Online’
3. Save Money On Fuel With Electric Motorbikes In The Uk
Author: Amit Parmar
4. Choosing The Right Auto Garage Management Software For Your Business
Author: Jim Carrey is the author of this article
5. 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Replace Your Car Windscreen
Author: Anna Lampasona
6. Bmw Car Dealers In Miami Offer Used Cars In Best Condition And Affordable Price
7. Key Stuck In Ignition! Five Questions Help Todiagnose The Key Problem In A Minute
Author: Daniel Cohen
8. Car Detailing And Car Washing – Is There Any Difference In Actual?
Author: neel patel
9. Why Buying High Performance Parts Online Is The Best Choice For Racing Car Enthusiasts
10. 5 Probable Causes For Car Engine Failure
Author: Paul Zervos
11. When Should You Opt For A Limo Service Dallas
12. Why Opt For A Limo Service Fort Worth
13. Advantages Offered By A Limo Service Dallas
14. How To Get A Truck For Rent Or A Truck Load In This Busy World
Author: Truck for rent
15. Recent Trends In Car Pooling And Car Rental In New Zealand
Author: ashok saraswat