ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Trekking The Kokoda Track
Total Articles: 174
Trekking is considered to be very challenging, risky, and thrilling adventure sport. Trekking challenges the body and shows one the ultimate stamina and capability in oneself. Trekking is usually done in groups of friends, family or members of a club or organization and so it’s very much fun. Trekking is fun but it squeezes out the stamina completely and makes one realize the inner physical strength and braveness. A very popular tourist destination for trekking in Papua New Guinea is the Kokoda Track, a single-file foot thoroughfare which stretches 96km overland. The Kokoda Track is very famous primarily as it is a proud icon for Australian participation in the World War II. The Kokoda Track commemorates the Australians of the Second World War. Remembering this history & feeling proud, every year more than five thousand Australians go for the mentally & physically challenging & breathtaking trekking experience at this place. The Kokoda track is also of high cultural significance for the Australians as this track passes through the Oro Province and the Central Province, which have the two main communities, the Orokaiva (in the north) & the Koiari people (to the south).
There are many different personal reasons for trekkers who go for trekking at this place. Many seek adventure of trekking at this place while many others go here to cherish and honor their loved ones who passed away here in PNG during the war. However, deep within all the trekkers going here, there is a spirit of facing a tough physical & mental challenge, a pursuit to achieve a goal, finding a capable person inside themselves. The Kokoda Track can be walked from Kokoda to Owers Coner which can take from about 4 days to 12 days for completing the trekking journey. This depends on the personal fitness and the rest time taken. However, the locals at the Kokoda Track are experts at this and they can finish the track within just 3 days. Kokoda Trekking with Back Track Adventures has become popular among the trekking enthusiasts, especially among the youth since past few years. Kokoda Trail tour itinerary by Trek Kokoda can be a ‘time of the life’. Travel agents like Back Track Adventures have created a great interest amongst the people who love adventure travelling for trekking at the Kokoda Track. Travel agencies like Back Track Adventures usually operate with a maximum group size of 17 (excluding the Trek Leader and local PNG support crew) usually. Trekking at the Kokoda Track is a great experience of adventure, thrill, team work, challenge & mission, and an unseen & never before explored beautiful nature. Going in private group of friends or family at the Kokoda Track for trekking gives a remarkable adventure experience of the lifetime.
Travel Articles1. How To Make Cheap Holidays To Barbados Exciting
Author: Daisy Wilkinson
2. Enjoy Your Excursion Via Top Notch Peak Climbing In Nepal
3. Which Turkish City Should You Visit First, Istanbul Or Ankara?
4. Get Customized Everest Base Camp Trekking Packages Adventure Experience
5. Stansted Airport Taxi Services That Are Better Than The Best
Author: Jack Pero
6. Pick Nepal Trekking To Get Unforgettable Fun And Enjoyment Forever
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
7. Enjoy Visiting Everest Base Camp Trek And Spend Holidays Happily
Author: Life Himalaya Trekking
8. Simple Travel List For Business Travelers
Author: Abinaya Kannan
9. Sri Lanka: How The Country Eventually Got Its Name?
Author: Sri Lanka Eta Visa
10. 4 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit Melbourne, Australia
11. Pick The Reliable Gosaikunda Trekking And Have Adventure Skills
12. Get Amazing Entertainment In Everest Base Camp Trekking
13. Make Your Trekking Experience Highly Memorable By Planning For An Expedition
14. Enjoy Trekking In Nepal By Choosing The Best Trekking Company
15. Find Best Morocco Destination Management Company For A Wonderful Holiday Experience In Morocco