ALL >> Business >> View Article
Tailgating- A Short History And How It Has Shaped Up To Be A Social Phenomenon
Total Articles: 1
Tailgating is a relatively new social phenomenon that had its inception in America’s love for football. But soon the concept turned into a pastime that has seen tremendous popularity ever since its birth. A growing social trend, tailgating has also spawned the urban camping experience complete with barbecues and drinks. This trend was first documented in the late 1950s when the students of Mississippi University started organizing annual pre-game socializing parties which then slowly became a tradition.
It came to fore primarily during the late 1980s when football became a national obsession and camping out on the grounds of Mississippi University campus the favorite pastime. Both of these came together at the legendary Ole Miss Campus otherwise known as ‘the Grove’ and soon urban camping became a trend as well as popular way of spending time with family.
The term ‘tailgating’ came to be used as most of the time the party involved using the rear tailgate of a vehicle and using it for various purposes. The social events almost always revolved around the tailgates and therefore larger vehicles with prominent tailgates are ideal for this. No wonder with the increasing popularity of tailgating events the sales of RVs and SUVs- vehicles with larger rear tailgates and boot space, increased dramatically.
Now, tailgating has been officially recognized as a subculture and has enjoyed much popularity but it has been the Ole Miss Campus or the Grove that has earned a legendary status. The first acknowledgement came from the Sports Media fraternity who has christened Ole Miss Campus as the ‘Mecca of Tailgating’.
There was a change in rules, way back in 1991 that banned any kind of vehicle from entering the grove. This led to the establishment of tents for camping and introduction of several rules to ensure complete adherence to law and order.
Pre-game days will transform the grove into a sea of red and blue tents with each having its own barbecue spots and plenty of revelers.
Interested parties should check in beforehand and book their places to make sure that they get the best spots. If the booking is done then the rest can be taken care of, all you have to do is bring your own barbecue equipments and just have a blast.
Experienced tailgaters will tell you that the game rarely matters because ‘their team loses sometime but they never lose a party’.
For all kinds of tailgating support including tents, tent setups, equipments, etc you can always hire out tailgateolemiss.com that can help you with all necessary support.
Business Articles1. Which Steps Are To Be Followed To Ensure Efficient Wastewater Recycling System
Author: Steve Cherng
2. Valhalla Mining Offers: What We Offer And Who We Are
3. Should I Invest In Bitcoin In 2017? Here’s What You Need To Know
4. Our Cryptocurrency Exchange And Bitcoin Mining Services Are The Best
5. How Does Cryptocurrency Ming And Bitcoin Mining Work?
6. Valhalla Mining - Service Overview, Technology, For Sellers, For Buyers The Benefits Of Cryptocurren
7. Can You Make Profit With Bitcoin And Cryptocurrency Mining? Is Bitcoin Mining And Cryptocurrency Min
8. A Beginners Guide To Cryptocurrency Mining: What Should You Know?
9. Popular Established Sites That Appreciate Bitcoins And Cryptocurrency Mining.
10. Disadvantages Of Cryptocurrency Mining
11. 4 Reasons Why Merchandising Plays An Important Role In Retail Sales
Author: Lily Alvin
12. Have You Ever Read About Digital Currency Mining?
13. Buying And Investing In Cryptocurrency
14. Elucidation Of Bitcoin Cloud Mining
15. Get Better Returns Than Stock Market And Real Estate Through Bitcoin Mining