ALL >> Business >> View Article
Tailgating- A Short History And How It Has Shaped Up To Be A Social Phenomenon
Total Articles: 1
Tailgating is a relatively new social phenomenon that had its inception in America’s love for football. But soon the concept turned into a pastime that has seen tremendous popularity ever since its birth. A growing social trend, tailgating has also spawned the urban camping experience complete with barbecues and drinks. This trend was first documented in the late 1950s when the students of Mississippi University started organizing annual pre-game socializing parties which then slowly became a tradition.
It came to fore primarily during the late 1980s when football became a national obsession and camping out on the grounds of Mississippi University campus the favorite pastime. Both of these came together at the legendary Ole Miss Campus otherwise known as ‘the Grove’ and soon urban camping became a trend as well as popular way of spending time with family.
The term ‘tailgating’ came to be used as most of the time the party involved using the rear tailgate of a vehicle and using it for various purposes. The social events almost always revolved around the tailgates and therefore larger vehicles with prominent tailgates are ideal for this. No wonder with the increasing popularity of tailgating events the sales of RVs and SUVs- vehicles with larger rear tailgates and boot space, increased dramatically.
Now, tailgating has been officially recognized as a subculture and has enjoyed much popularity but it has been the Ole Miss Campus or the Grove that has earned a legendary status. The first acknowledgement came from the Sports Media fraternity who has christened Ole Miss Campus as the ‘Mecca of Tailgating’.
There was a change in rules, way back in 1991 that banned any kind of vehicle from entering the grove. This led to the establishment of tents for camping and introduction of several rules to ensure complete adherence to law and order.
Pre-game days will transform the grove into a sea of red and blue tents with each having its own barbecue spots and plenty of revelers.
Interested parties should check in beforehand and book their places to make sure that they get the best spots. If the booking is done then the rest can be taken care of, all you have to do is bring your own barbecue equipments and just have a blast.
Experienced tailgaters will tell you that the game rarely matters because ‘their team loses sometime but they never lose a party’.
For all kinds of tailgating support including tents, tent setups, equipments, etc you can always hire out tailgateolemiss.com that can help you with all necessary support.
Business Articles1. Why Indian Crafts Is A Best Company To Buy Furniture Online ?
Author: Mukesh Tiwari
2. How Does Digital Marketing Works? And What Is Importance Of Digital Marketing?
Author: MBHITECH Solutions
3. What To Know More About Outsourcing Accounting Services?
4. How To Manage The Accounting Service For Your Business?
5. Thermal Fluid Heat Transfer Systems
6. Employee Provident Fund, Labour Law, Employees State Insurance Consultant In Mumbai
Author: ATSCO Corporation
7. Top Mba Colleges In Jaipur
8. Android App Development Company In Usa, Android App Development Web Services, Android App Developmen
9. The Case For Growth Of Car Parking Tensile Structure In India
Author: Tensile Structure
10. Photocopier, Currency Counting Machines And Cctv Service Provider In Mumbai
Author: Amtech Enterprises
11. Why Opt For Custom Shipping Crates?
Author: Kurt Heimbrock
12. למעלה קבלני חיתוך בטון
13. Pain Management Doctors In San Antonio Texas
14. Regular Professional Mold Inspections Ottawa – Why Every Homeowner Should Consider
Author: Mark Simon
15. Online Class Help, My Online Class Help