ALL >> Business >> View Article
Escalators And Some Important Facts About It
Total Articles: 15
As a child, do you remember riding escalators and getting a thrill just to stand looking impressive as the machine does all your climbing up and down for you? (Did you know that some of the very first escalators were amusement park rides?!!) Most of you would have found yourself going up and down again and again in the malls just to pass time while the elders did their shopping. As far as older people are concerned, escalator rides can be fun for some and others may find them dizzy. As time carries on, it is very likely that most of you might have forgotten the amusement you get from it. But surely, time and again you remember wondering about how the steps go flat at the very ends and keep moving continuously in your childhood.
Escalators are used in airports, transit systems, almost every shopping mall and department store in all urban countries like the United States. Many commercial and corporate buildings make use of escalators. The design and make of the escalators is very important and is decided on the type of service they are to provide. They are mainly used as transport systems for people. That is why escalators need much maintenance. The posh shopping malls and office buildings take every care to maintain the escalators properly. This includes up keeping the smooth running of all machinery and also cleaning them every now and then. Escalator cleaning services are hired by every mall and building owners to preserve the decorum of their place.
Escalators are very common for urban population. But still, here are some things that you probably did not know about escalators…
1. Escalators were invented for use where elevators would not be viable like when the height to be covered is not very much. They are more effectively used in carrying large traffic, which is a limitation of elevators.
2. They are operated at constant speed. And the most obvious difference between escalators and elevators is that with escalators, people don’t have to wait for any door to open. A person can hop on at any given time.
3. Nathan Ames has the patent of designing the first elevator as early as 1859.
4. Most escalators use a 100 horsepower motor to rotate the gears which in turn rotate the steps with help of chain loops.
5. The world’s smallest escalator is in a department store in Japan. It is only two and a half feet in height and it goes down!
6. Cleat, step and spiral or helical are some types of escalators used for various purposes all over the world depending on the type of load that is to be transferred.
7. Escalator cleaning services USA is very well formed businesses which is dedicated to keeping the escalators of each of the commercial and official complexes grease free and clean for the people to use. Special machines are marketed by many companies which are specially designed for cleaning of escalators and making it hygienic.
Business Articles1. Why You Must Discover The Piano
Author: Shanna Cazneaux
2. An Affordable Virtual Office Service
Author: Unknown Member
3. How To Get Debt Consolidation Loans With Lowest Interest Rates
Author: Nicole jiang
4. Purchasing Guide For Recreations Headphones
Author: Natasha Grice
5. The Best Email Marketing Software For Small Business
Author: Ravi Shankar Upahdyay
6. Carpet Cleaners In Orange County
7. How Moneylender Services Can Help You Consolidate Your Loan Requirement
Author: Nicole jiang
8. Carpet Cleaning In California
9. Crucial Industrial Lifting Accessories And Importance Of Their Inspection
Author: Asmita Lokhande
10. Easy Ways To Bring Down Your Heating & Cooling Costs
Author: Ron Neeley
11. Personalized Jute Bags Are A Must In 2017
12. Wedding Jute Bags - The Most Appealing Type Of Wedding Bags
13. Best Ticket Exchange Service
14. Jute Gift Bags - The Most Appealing And Eco-friendly Gift Bags
15. Fancy Jute Bags - How Fancy Can You Be?