ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Pest Control Methods-what You Must Know
Total Articles: 1
So, are those pesky pests giving you nightmares and wreaking havoc in your life? If, Yes! Then it’s time to consider pest control methods for an effective pest control strategy. Any of those harmful plants or animals that are causing considerable damage to your building, furniture, household items etc. come under this category of ‘pests’.
Professional pest control services will go a long way in giving you relief and respite for good, from these bothersome creatures. These companies will deploy pest control techniques that are customized to your pest infestation problem. There are various ways to get rid of these pests that include basically chemical, non-chemical and biological methods. Some of the basic methods include:
• Prevention: It is important that this is a part of your control strategy regardless of anything. As it is always best to prevent these from occurring in the first place. The basic steps could involve: sealing all entryways for pests, removing and cutting off food sources of pests so that they don’t get a shelter which can be a breeding ground for them.
• Biological Methods: The most safe and foolproof way of controlling these pests is the biological method where the natural predators of these pests are used to eradicate them. This way you would be able to completely avoid harmful chemicals.
• Hygiene Methods: Practicing hygiene by keeping your premises clean will deprive these pests of a breeding ground and a shelter. So ensure to clean up after meals and bin all unwanted garbage. Make sure to keep food under tight lids.
• Insecticides: Use an insecticide as per the habit of the target insects. For e.g. using aerosols sprays would be best for mosquitoes while surface powders would be the best for crawling insects.
• Fumigation: This is another most effective way of killing the pests whereby gas is used to fill the building and kill the pests.
• Sterilization: In this technique the soil is steamed to get rid of the pests in that particular area.
• Mechanical control: This involves usage of devices such as screens on windows or doors, barriers, electrical contraptions, firearms etc.
• Baiting: This involves the usage of a bait (e.g. pesticide, diatomaceous earth etc.) to attract insects their way into traps. Some baits are used in a way that the pests are fed on poison which they bring back to their specific colonies and infect the rest of the population.
So to summarize there are various ways in which you can control pests. It would be a good idea to analyze the pest problem you have and then accordingly devise a plan to get rid of them.
Home and Garden Articles1. Get A Window Mesh To Keep The Insects Away
2. 6 Advantages Of Cleaners In Canberra
Author: Tom Velko
3. Get Quality Solutions On Waterproofing And Maintain Your Property
Author: Jordan Curr
4. Types Of Fencing Put Up By The Homeowners In The Present Time And Its Worth
Author: Michael Gilmore
5. Reasons Why You Should Use Advanced Mowing & Maintenance's Expert Lawn Care Service
Author: Rodney Back
6. Things To Consider While Developing A New Garage In Your Home
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
7. What To Keep In Mind While Planning Your Home Design
Author: Adam Leworthy
8. Why To Choose Memory Foam Mattress?
Author: Shamia Akram
9. Relying On A Pool Compliance Service Provider Is Essential To Make Your Pool Safe
Author: David Donvito
10. Benefits Of Having A Pest Control East Bay Ca Done!
Author: Todd Purvis
11. Ideas On How You Can Create Privacy For Your Home
Author: Chloe Kellaway
12. How To Keep Your Roof Ceiling And Soffit In Good Condition For Years
Author: Brayden Haritos
13. Kitchen Waste To Compost Conversion In 4 Hours
Author: Anu kapoor
14. Cool Tips On Keeping Your Scaffolding Strong & Durable For Years
Author: Suzane Bogdana
15. Situations When Regular Rug Cleaning Becomes Essential
Author: Alyssa Ramsden