ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Pest Control Methods-what You Must Know
Total Articles: 1
So, are those pesky pests giving you nightmares and wreaking havoc in your life? If, Yes! Then it’s time to consider pest control methods for an effective pest control strategy. Any of those harmful plants or animals that are causing considerable damage to your building, furniture, household items etc. come under this category of ‘pests’.
Professional pest control services will go a long way in giving you relief and respite for good, from these bothersome creatures. These companies will deploy pest control techniques that are customized to your pest infestation problem. There are various ways to get rid of these pests that include basically chemical, non-chemical and biological methods. Some of the basic methods include:
• Prevention: It is important that this is a part of your control strategy regardless of anything. As it is always best to prevent these from occurring in the first place. The basic steps could involve: sealing all entryways for pests, removing and cutting off food sources of pests so that they don’t get a shelter which can be a breeding ground for them.
• Biological Methods: The most safe and foolproof way of controlling these pests is the biological method where the natural predators of these pests are used to eradicate them. This way you would be able to completely avoid harmful chemicals.
• Hygiene Methods: Practicing hygiene by keeping your premises clean will deprive these pests of a breeding ground and a shelter. So ensure to clean up after meals and bin all unwanted garbage. Make sure to keep food under tight lids.
• Insecticides: Use an insecticide as per the habit of the target insects. For e.g. using aerosols sprays would be best for mosquitoes while surface powders would be the best for crawling insects.
• Fumigation: This is another most effective way of killing the pests whereby gas is used to fill the building and kill the pests.
• Sterilization: In this technique the soil is steamed to get rid of the pests in that particular area.
• Mechanical control: This involves usage of devices such as screens on windows or doors, barriers, electrical contraptions, firearms etc.
• Baiting: This involves the usage of a bait (e.g. pesticide, diatomaceous earth etc.) to attract insects their way into traps. Some baits are used in a way that the pests are fed on poison which they bring back to their specific colonies and infect the rest of the population.
So to summarize there are various ways in which you can control pests. It would be a good idea to analyze the pest problem you have and then accordingly devise a plan to get rid of them.
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett