ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Saskatoon Plumbing Through The Wall: Silica Is No Joke
Total Articles: 5
There’s a faulty pipe behind the wall that needs a fix right away. You call it a faulty pipe because water is leaking all over the area. Clearly there’s no way you’re reaching the pipe at the other side without cutting your way through. Before grabbing that concrete saw, however, take into account the fact that silica dust is a real health hazard.
In some cases, Saskatoon plumbing contractors would need to cut through the walls to get to the source of the problem. Concern for exposure to silica dust seems misplaced, but experts say safety standards regarding silica dust apply to plumbers as much as to the construction sector. This is one job you’re better off leaving to a pro.
Drilling through concrete and rock generates a lot of dust; you can bet there’s plenty of silica in it. Anytime workers, not just plumbers, cut or bore through concrete and rock, they always have a HEPA mask on. These masks keep dust and other harmful airborne substances out of the human body, reducing the chances of inhaling silica dust.
Even before drilling can begin, workers assess the type of job required. In the case of plumbers, they will inspect the superficial damage done before they take out their power tools; if damage isn’t apparent, they look and hear for signs. Hissing and splashing inside the walls clearly can’t be normal, right?
Given the nature of the faulty plumbing, other non-plumbing systems like wiring and drywall may also sustain serious damage. Aside from a Saskatoon plumber, you’ll likely need the services of an electrician and home improvement contractor, as well. It won’t come cheap for sure, but DIY, in this case, won’t be any less costly.
For more information on wall plumbing, read related articles at Plumbing & Mechanical online at PMMag.com. You can also visit local safety agencies for information about silica exposure.
Home and Garden Articles1. Split Or Window Air Conditioner Which One Is The Best?
Author: Divya Sharma
2. How Not To Get Scammed By An Unreliable Removalists Company Perth
3. Checklist Of Things Cowboy Builders Will Tell You
Author: Mark Trescothic
4. Climate Considerations For A Green House Garden
Author: David Kessler
5. Planning To Renovate Your Bathroom? Hire A Professional Plumber
Author: Nicholas Calleija
6. Sammsara - Hashtag Handy Decor Tips
Author: SAMMSARA Luxury Modern Home
7. Some Must-have Bar Furnishings To Achieve The Perfect Party Mood
Author: James Waltan
8. Why Porcelain Tile Is A Popular Choice For Bathroom Floors
9. 5 Reasons To Invest In A Vintage-inspired Louis De Poortere Rug
Author: Phoebe Holland
10. What Is The Cost Of Renovating A Kitchen In Canada?
Author: Christine Delongte
11. The Advantages Of Using Pavers
Author: Flash Stone
12. How To Transformed Ordinary Table Into Extraordinary Dinette
Author: Liv India
13. The Factors You Need To Consider For Tearing Down The Existing Office Building
Author: Tuuli Halkoaho
14. Demolition Of House Or Complex Need To Be Done With Professional Agencies
Author: Kaija Raita
15. Things To Be Pondered On While Working At A Demolition Site
Author: Aapo Haapoja