ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Saskatoon Plumbing Through The Wall: Silica Is No Joke
Total Articles: 5
There’s a faulty pipe behind the wall that needs a fix right away. You call it a faulty pipe because water is leaking all over the area. Clearly there’s no way you’re reaching the pipe at the other side without cutting your way through. Before grabbing that concrete saw, however, take into account the fact that silica dust is a real health hazard.
In some cases, Saskatoon plumbing contractors would need to cut through the walls to get to the source of the problem. Concern for exposure to silica dust seems misplaced, but experts say safety standards regarding silica dust apply to plumbers as much as to the construction sector. This is one job you’re better off leaving to a pro.
Drilling through concrete and rock generates a lot of dust; you can bet there’s plenty of silica in it. Anytime workers, not just plumbers, cut or bore through concrete and rock, they always have a HEPA mask on. These masks keep dust and other harmful airborne substances out of the human body, reducing the chances of inhaling silica dust.
Even before drilling can begin, workers assess the type of job required. In the case of plumbers, they will inspect the superficial damage done before they take out their power tools; if damage isn’t apparent, they look and hear for signs. Hissing and splashing inside the walls clearly can’t be normal, right?
Given the nature of the faulty plumbing, other non-plumbing systems like wiring and drywall may also sustain serious damage. Aside from a Saskatoon plumber, you’ll likely need the services of an electrician and home improvement contractor, as well. It won’t come cheap for sure, but DIY, in this case, won’t be any less costly.
For more information on wall plumbing, read related articles at Plumbing & Mechanical online at PMMag.com. You can also visit local safety agencies for information about silica exposure.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are You Looking For Reliable Quartz Suppliers In Texas?
2. Chimneys That Save Lives. Go For The Best Chimneys In India.
Author: Brijesh Kumar
3. Here’s Some Gardening Advice On Planting Sweet Potato This Spring
Author: Paul Gooderham
4. 5 Reasons That Will Explain The Importance Of Roof Cleaning
Author: Mike Aurtho
5. Breathe Right And Breathe Fresh Air With Us!
Author: Robert Smith
6. How Misting Fans Can Help You To Beat The Summer Heat
Author: Jessie Cooper
7. Dallas Locksmith Services - How Do You Identify Damaged Locks?
Author: Israel Barda
8. Undoubted Benefits Of Hiring A Luxury Portable Toilet Service
Author: Alaric Atkinson
9. Benefits Of Using The Event Toilets
Author: Alaric Atkinson
10. How To Maximise Commercial Returns From Home Renovating
Author: Reliable Home Contractors
11. Metro West Apartments For Rent Have Never Been So Easy To Find
Author: Sue Thornton
12. Apartments For Rent Around Worcester
Author: John Robert
13. Stay Clear, If You Want The Rains And Debris To Not Damage Your Property
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
14. Keep Your Motorcycle Safe And Secure Under A Proper Shed
Author: Michael Gilmore
15. What To Keep In Mind While Buying Table Online
Author: Iti Sharma