ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Saskatoon Plumbing Through The Wall: Silica Is No Joke
Total Articles: 5
There’s a faulty pipe behind the wall that needs a fix right away. You call it a faulty pipe because water is leaking all over the area. Clearly there’s no way you’re reaching the pipe at the other side without cutting your way through. Before grabbing that concrete saw, however, take into account the fact that silica dust is a real health hazard.
In some cases, Saskatoon plumbing contractors would need to cut through the walls to get to the source of the problem. Concern for exposure to silica dust seems misplaced, but experts say safety standards regarding silica dust apply to plumbers as much as to the construction sector. This is one job you’re better off leaving to a pro.
Drilling through concrete and rock generates a lot of dust; you can bet there’s plenty of silica in it. Anytime workers, not just plumbers, cut or bore through concrete and rock, they always have a HEPA mask on. These masks keep dust and other harmful airborne substances out of the human body, reducing the chances of inhaling silica dust.
Even before drilling can begin, workers assess the type of job required. In the case of plumbers, they will inspect the superficial damage done before they take out their power tools; if damage isn’t apparent, they look and hear for signs. Hissing and splashing inside the walls clearly can’t be normal, right?
Given the nature of the faulty plumbing, other non-plumbing systems like wiring and drywall may also sustain serious damage. Aside from a Saskatoon plumber, you’ll likely need the services of an electrician and home improvement contractor, as well. It won’t come cheap for sure, but DIY, in this case, won’t be any less costly.
For more information on wall plumbing, read related articles at Plumbing & Mechanical online at PMMag.com. You can also visit local safety agencies for information about silica exposure.
Home and Garden Articles1. Are Reviews Enough To Know About Moving Companies In New York
Author: Michael Holden
2. How To Make Your Badkamer Renovatie Most Cost Effective
Author: Brian Miller
3. Selecting Bathroom Floor And Wall Tiles
Author: Bath & Tile
4. 4 Reasons To Use Eco-friendly Building Materials
Author: Chris Jenkin
5. Organizing Restaurant`s Booth Seating And Getting Booth Reupholstery
6. Quality Manufacturer Of Restaurant Booth
7. Learn The Process Of Choosing And Organizing Restaurant Booth Seating
8. How To Use Creative Ideas To Make Your Restaurant More Unique
9. Purchasing Good Quality Restaurant Booths
10. Add A Decorative Accent To Your Home With Bamboo Blinds
Author: Julie Valencia
11. The Budget Interior Designers In Bangalore Make Your Dream Home Come True
12. Some Tips To Remove Popcorn In Miami Without More Trouble
Author: Jacob Ethan
13. Basic Information Of Roofing
Author: Roofing 2000
14. Caring For Your Bathroom And Sanitary Ware
15. Why Sod Installation Is An Effective Way Of Making Lawn Or Garden
Author: Anu Walia