ALL >> Home-and-Garden >> View Article
Great Ways To Help Train Your Dog
Total Articles: 13
You want to ensure that you are using the most common and proven methods when training your dog. This article will go into detail with the most popular and tested methods and let you know how to implement them. Follow the tried and true methods listed, and you should see success in your training.
When you are wanting to work on training you dog you should start of by making sure that he knows his name. At least 10 times a day use their name for things like playing, feeding and treats. Try not to use their name in a punishment so that way when something good happens they think of their name as a good thing, not bad.
Dog owners should learn to listen to their pets. When a dog indicates that he is uncomfortable in a situation, such as with another dog, it's never good to push him further than he wants to go. Take a step back and re-evaluate the situation, or come back to it at a later time.
Always use the same words when giving commands to your dog. Using different phrasing for basic commands can confuse your dog. Saying "Come" today and saying "Come here" the next, in the dog's mind, is like teaching two different commands, however, the behavior is expected to be the same. Keep it simple and keep it consistent.
Although a well trained dog can be taught to put up with just about anything, there will be times and situations where they are truly uncomfortable with a person, another animal, or a place. Don't force your dog to suffer through more of this discomfort than is absolutely necessary. There is a reason that they are uncomfortable and you need to determine that reason.
Create a bridge between the dog's response to a command and the reward for success. By saying a bridge word such as "yes" or "good", you will reinforce that the behavior is acceptable and the reward will follow. Keep using this bridge word even after training is complete to be consistent with your pet.
Your dog's behavior during walks should become habit through consistency. Teach your dog to focus on you and your physical clues about their behavior. Teaching them to walk with you should come naturally to them if you are leading and demanding the attention of your dog. If you are walking with purpose, it will be emulated by your pet.
When training your dog to walk on a leash, remember that your dog should follow where you lead, not the other way around. Dogs are pack animals, and the leader of the pack always travels in front. You want your dog to see you as the leader, so they need to learn to walk behind you.
In the foregoing, we have provided the most popular methods for training your dog. These tips and tricks have been used over a long amount of time with many types of dogs and many dog owners. So, if you follow these methods as suggested, you stand a good chance of training your dog correctly.
Angels Vets is considered as the most popular veterinarian in Berkshire. If you want to avail their services, you can check out http://www.angelsvetsberkshire.co.uk/ to learn more.
Home and Garden Articles1. Enjoy The End Of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney
2. Eight Favorite Lawns In The Fairy Garden
Author: Lauren Kyes
3. Facing A Challenge With Small Bathrooms? Check Out These Tips!
Author: sunita arvind
4. What Can You Expect With The Best Landscaping Services Mornington Peninsula?
Author: Rickey Austin
5. 8 Things That You Should Clean Every Day
Author: Mike Aurtho
6. Hire The Most Experienced Exterior Painting Experts In Charlotte
Author: Anu Walia
7. Create A Unique And Modern Look With A Drum Coffee Table
Author: Kim Thompson
8. Painting Tips For Making A Mississauga Home Sale-friendly Before You Sell It
Author: Chris Dgate
9. Few Must Know Tips If You Want To Avoid Failure In Local Builders
Author: Ashton Coaldrake
10. Landscaping Contractors Can Help You In Beautifying Your Garden
Author: Anu Walia
11. Know How Safe Your Home Cleaning Products Are
Author: Christopher Schwab
12. Modern Stained Glass Floor And Table Lamps Enhances Beauty Of Your House
Author: Lorna Wingfield
13. Why Should You Use The Glass Balcony Balustrades For Your New Home
Author: John Carlos
14. What Makes Designer Furniture Of Perth A Stand Out
Author: Kai Baxter
15. Termite Control Penrith- Expectation Vs. Reality
Author: Alicia Brett