ALL >> Health >> View Article
Earache – Causes And Symptoms Of The Problem
Total Articles: 233
Ear infection primarily occurs when the Eustachian Tube connecting the middle ear to the back portion of the throat fails to pump out the fluid of the middle ear and it accumulates therein. The medical names for the causes of ear infection are often referred to Myringitis, Otitis Externa and Otitis Media. The condition, which is called Otitis Externa, which is also called swimmer’s ear, occurs when moisture is locked in the ear canal. Swimmers often suffer from this although it may also occur during normal bathing.
While this is the usual reason for Otitis Externa, it may also take place owing to an injury that affects the ear canal. The other reason for earache, which is called Otitis Media can be seen in middle ear. This infection is usually caused by virus and bacteria. The basic reason for Otitis Media is allergy, exposure to smoke and malformation in the head and neck region. However, this infection can also occur in people with family history and hereditary in nature.
Myringitis leads to swelling in the ear drum due to infection or injury, which is again caused when a foreign object is used for cleaning the ear, during activities such as flying or diving. The ear drum gets damaged while flying or diving due to changes in air pressure. Additionally, excessive or strident noise may also lead to damage in the ear drums along with viral and bacterial infections. One of the common causes of earache in children and adults is Otitis Derma.
Infants or small children become ill-tempered, have poor appetite, experience nausea or suffer from diarrhea. These earache infections usually occur without notice and cause extreme pain at the onset. This is because the sensory nerves that are present at the edge of the ear drum react to high pressure and pain, but when the eardrum widens, there is temporary relief from severe pain. A few other causes of earache include lack of sleep, secretion from the ear and poor appetite.
Another cause of earache is a condition called as Perichondritis that occurs due to piercing of ear or any other disturbance or shock. While this condition can be prevented in certain when the above activities are carried out carefully, it becomes impossible when accidents occur. For instance, if you pierce the cartilage of your ear by mistake, it may lead to this condition or in certain cases, burns, surgical shock or sports injury is the cause. Although, earache can be treated by using anti inflammatory or anti-steroidal drug, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe