ALL >> Health >> View Article
Important Ringworm Treatment Facts!
Total Articles: 233
Ringworm is a disease caused by fungi dermatophytes. Thus its medical name is Dermatophytosis. It is a fairly common skin infection, which is mildly contagious, both in humans and animals. Ringworms can attack anywhere; on the scalp, skin, nails, feet etc. Getting infected with ringworm is quite an irritating experience.
Its symptoms are:
1) Itching, flaking and noticeable red patches on the skin. The rashes are not painful, but it is the itching that causes the problem. It makes the ringworm spread on other parts of the body.
2) Ringworm of the scalp is very similar to dandruff. Due to flaking, people comprehend it as dandruff. Hair loss in inevitable in the affected area.
3) Thickening of the nail is observed if it is affected by ringworm. You will also notice whitish substance developing in your nail bed.
Ringworm can be treated in two different forms
4) Topical treatment: This treatment is used for mildly infectious Dermatophytosis. Over the counter medicines in the form of form of ointment, lotion, cream, gel, powder or spray are externally applied over the infected area. They are applied twice a week for about 4 to 6 centimetres over the ringworm including the normal skin around the ringworm. They are usually used for ringworms on the foot. Topical medication eliminates fungus which is the source of the problem and minimizes the symptoms like itching and redness.
5) Systemic treatment: It is used for severe forms of ringworms. For e.g. ringworms on the scalp and fingers are treated with systemic therapy. They are available in the form of pills or oral medications. They are usually taken once a day for a whole week. But you must see your medical consultant so that an effective ringworm treatment regimen will be prescribed to you. Systemic treatments prevent recurrence and provide faster results since they are released directly into the bloodstream.
Some people prefer homeopathic ringworm treatment because it is natural and organic.
Examples of home remedies include garlic, vinegar, ginger, clove, salt, lemon, and even vicks vaporub. These items possess anti-fungal properties. They also help in minimizing the itching and healing of the skin affected by the ringworm. But you should first consult your dermatologist to be absolutely sure about your ringworm treatment.
You might have heard the saying “prevention is better than cure”. So here are a few important tips that you should remember to prevent recurrence of fungal infection.
1) Maintaining good personal hygiene is important to avoid catching the ringworm infection.
2) Do not wear tight clothes.
3) Always keep yourself free from sweat.
4) If you are always sweating, change your clothing with a clean and dry one.
Health Articles1. His Red Male Organ: Balanitis For Her
Author: John Dugan
2. Replacing A Meal With Vega Sports Protein Bar Chocolate Peanut Butter Can Increase Your Protein Cons
3. Signs Your Hair Needs A Protein Treatment
4. Choose A Pediatric Dental Care Treatment Services In Lancaster
Author: Greg Walters is the author of this article
5. Dental Implants Mexico | Dental Implants Cancun
Author: Michel starc
6. Indian Physician Columbus
7. Global Remote Patient Monitoring Devices Market
8. Clean Air Equipments Manufacturer And Supplier
Author: Airtech Equipment Pte Ltd
9. Concentrate More By Doing Yoga
Author: Owen Jones
10. Ritalin Can Be Usage For Exams Preparation
11. An Extensive Guide To Get The Best From Physiotherapy
12. Self-pleasuring Too Much: Is It Even Possible?
Author: John Dugan
13. Discover Top Four Advantages Of Using Stem Cell Therapy For Autism Treatment
Author: Autism Connect
14. Simple Tips To Get The Most Handsome Male Organ Around
Author: John Dugan
15. What Is Assisted Living Facilities?
Author: Assisted Living Facility