ALL >> Business >> View Article
Buffalo Meat Exports To Vietnam Up 200% In Value On China Demand
Total Articles: 61
Though China is yet to formally open its doors to buffalo meat from India, a threefold rise (in dollar terms) in exports routed through Vietnam has lifted traders.
China has, in principle, decided to allow direct imports, but the decision hasn't been notified.
Between April and October in 2013, exports to Vietnam rose 197 per cent in value terms and 100 per cent in terms of quantity compared to a year ago. Vietnam accounts for 40 per cent of exports.
“The prime reason for the rise is demand from China; more significant, the offal prices have risen fast,” said Munazza Shaikh, director of Juhi Enterprises.
China is the largest consumer of buffalo offal, not consumed here. In two months, prices rose 65 per cent in the global market, from $700 to $1,150 a tonne. Offal exports make 30 per cent of buffalo-meat exports.
Between April and October in 2013, buffalo-meat exports rose 46 per cent (in value terms) to $2,361 million compared to a year ago, according to the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority.
In terms of quantity, there was a 23 per cent rise. Exports are set to cross $4 billion in 2013-14 against $3.19 billion a year ago.
Global prices increased from $3,400 a tonne to $3,700 a tonne in a year, exporters said. “In the next few years, we expect India to be the world’s largest exporter,” said Rizwan Shaikh of Al Shirin Exports.
The impact of exports is visible in the domestic markets, with local prices soaring 10-15 per cent in a year.
“With the new regulations on export of buffalo meat only from approved slaughter houses, it was believed the prices would ease. But the prices have gone up, primarily on hoarding and illegal export,” said Monammed Aher, chairman and managing director, Azan Group.
The meat has emerged as the second-highest agro-export commodity after basmati rice.
Business Articles1. Eglobedata Released Most Accurate Real Estate Industry Email List And Build New Revenue Streams
Author: Brayden Tyler
2. Switch To Pharmacists Email List For Getting Cost Effective And Good Return
Author: Andrew Rayel
3. Explore An Opportunity For New Business Prospects With Business Development Executives Email Lists
Author: Charles Daniel
4. Ideal Instrument Services Are The Leading Dealer And Distributor Of Mitutoyo Products In Pune
Author: biz porto
5. Landed House Exterior Contractor – A Preferred Landed Property Renovation Contractor Singapore Can S
Author: James Han
6. Why You May Need A Photobooth On Your Big Day
7. Carpet Styles
Author: Barry’s My Carpet Inc.
8. Trade Show Display Rental- All You Require For Incredible Brand Value
Author: Daniel Wilson
9. Scada Free – Access Data From Remote Location Easily With The Help Of Web Scada !
Author: Archer Finch
10. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog Part - I
Author: Unknown Member
11. Documentation Of Employee Discussions Is All Important
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
12. Try A Herding Class With Your Dog
Author: Unknown Member
13. Best Scar Removal Creams
14. Why Should You Hire Huntington Beach Dry Cleansing Service Provider?
Author: Robert Paul
15. Rajasthan College Of Engineering For Women
Author: Rajasthan College of Engineering for Women