ALL >> Business >> View Article
Buffalo Meat Exports To Vietnam Up 200% In Value On China Demand
Total Articles: 61
Though China is yet to formally open its doors to buffalo meat from India, a threefold rise (in dollar terms) in exports routed through Vietnam has lifted traders.
China has, in principle, decided to allow direct imports, but the decision hasn't been notified.
Between April and October in 2013, exports to Vietnam rose 197 per cent in value terms and 100 per cent in terms of quantity compared to a year ago. Vietnam accounts for 40 per cent of exports.
“The prime reason for the rise is demand from China; more significant, the offal prices have risen fast,” said Munazza Shaikh, director of Juhi Enterprises.
China is the largest consumer of buffalo offal, not consumed here. In two months, prices rose 65 per cent in the global market, from $700 to $1,150 a tonne. Offal exports make 30 per cent of buffalo-meat exports.
Between April and October in 2013, buffalo-meat exports rose 46 per cent (in value terms) to $2,361 million compared to a year ago, according to the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority.
In terms of quantity, there was a 23 per cent rise. Exports are set to cross $4 billion in 2013-14 against $3.19 billion a year ago.
Global prices increased from $3,400 a tonne to $3,700 a tonne in a year, exporters said. “In the next few years, we expect India to be the world’s largest exporter,” said Rizwan Shaikh of Al Shirin Exports.
The impact of exports is visible in the domestic markets, with local prices soaring 10-15 per cent in a year.
“With the new regulations on export of buffalo meat only from approved slaughter houses, it was believed the prices would ease. But the prices have gone up, primarily on hoarding and illegal export,” said Monammed Aher, chairman and managing director, Azan Group.
The meat has emerged as the second-highest agro-export commodity after basmati rice.
Business Articles1. Finding The Right Camera Bag Could Be Easy With The Discussed Tips
2. Contact The Right Audience And Executives With Pharmaceutical Companies Mailing List
Author: Jane Cannon
3. Understanding The Relevance Of Real Estate Services In 2018
Author: James Hopkins
4. Get Access To Highly Focused Quickbooks Users Email List
Author: Andrew Rayel
5. What Happiness Means To You- Certified Quantum Suc
Author: Christy Whitman
6. Some Very Basic Tricks To Get Your Accounting Right
7. Accounting Service For A Small Business Confirm A Smooth Running
8. Injured By A Drunk Driver Here’s What To Do
9. You Have To Visit The Bank's Site On The Web And Fill In The Application
Author: Brandon Jones
10. Bed Bug Treatment That's Effective And Affordable
Author: Steve Stein
11. Here Are 5 Tips That Will Keep
12. Here’s All That Your Angry Customers Want Your Business To Learn!
Author: Surabhi Joshi
13. Plastic Model Aircraft
14. An Ultimate Guide To Chlorinated Polyethylene And Its Properties
15. Schramsberg Blanc De Blancs 2012