ALL >> Business >> View Article
Buffalo Meat Exports To Vietnam Up 200% In Value On China Demand
Total Articles: 61
Though China is yet to formally open its doors to buffalo meat from India, a threefold rise (in dollar terms) in exports routed through Vietnam has lifted traders.
China has, in principle, decided to allow direct imports, but the decision hasn't been notified.
Between April and October in 2013, exports to Vietnam rose 197 per cent in value terms and 100 per cent in terms of quantity compared to a year ago. Vietnam accounts for 40 per cent of exports.
“The prime reason for the rise is demand from China; more significant, the offal prices have risen fast,” said Munazza Shaikh, director of Juhi Enterprises.
China is the largest consumer of buffalo offal, not consumed here. In two months, prices rose 65 per cent in the global market, from $700 to $1,150 a tonne. Offal exports make 30 per cent of buffalo-meat exports.
Between April and October in 2013, buffalo-meat exports rose 46 per cent (in value terms) to $2,361 million compared to a year ago, according to the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority.
In terms of quantity, there was a 23 per cent rise. Exports are set to cross $4 billion in 2013-14 against $3.19 billion a year ago.
Global prices increased from $3,400 a tonne to $3,700 a tonne in a year, exporters said. “In the next few years, we expect India to be the world’s largest exporter,” said Rizwan Shaikh of Al Shirin Exports.
The impact of exports is visible in the domestic markets, with local prices soaring 10-15 per cent in a year.
“With the new regulations on export of buffalo meat only from approved slaughter houses, it was believed the prices would ease. But the prices have gone up, primarily on hoarding and illegal export,” said Monammed Aher, chairman and managing director, Azan Group.
The meat has emerged as the second-highest agro-export commodity after basmati rice.
Business Articles1. Gst Accounting Software
2. The Greener Solution To Cleaner Water
Author: Leslie WaterWorks
3. Concrete Contractors, Concrete Driveway, Tree Removal Lot Clearing - St. Helen
Author: Jeffrey Jones
4. Valuable Information About Chauffeur Car Services In Paris
5. Pictures Of Dogs And Puppies
6. Advantages Of Using Shackles For Lifting Heavy Loads
Author: Asmita Lokhande
7. How To Get High Rank On Google Using Latest Seo Techniques
Author: Anderson Mark
8. Collaboration Is Important For Getting Things Done, If Handled Properly
Author: NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
9. Top Online Accounting Software In 2017
Author: Mohit Yadev
10. Strategies For Share Trading
Author: Darren Bentley
11. Static Caravan Dealers
12. Opportunities For The Global Frp Pole Market To Reach $322.1 Million By 2022
Author: Lucintel LLC
13. Excellent Software Training Program By Enosis Learning - Creating Software Professionals
Author: biz porto
14. Buy Curtains Online
15. Surefire Favor Ideas To Perk Up Beach Wedding
Author: Steve Hardin