ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Baby Godzilla Nissan Skyline R32 Gts-t
Total Articles: 312
In 1989 the R32 GTS-T was born with specifications way ahead of its time. The R32 was smaller in size compared to the old boxed shaped R31, looking much more like a Sports Car than a family sedan. The box shape was refined dramatically and the famous round stove top tail lights were retained. The interior was dramatically improved to make you actually feel like your sitting in a sports car.
The silky smooth RB20DET engine suits was introduced to the R32 and really compliments the car well but lacks a little torque.. The 158kw is produced by a 2 liter, twin cam, inline 6, with variable valve timing on the engines intake. Air is forced into the engine via a turbocharger with a ceramic exhaust wheel for quick spooling. Air is further cooled via side mounted air to air intercooler. All this technology back in 1989 meant the Skyline was capable of achieving 0-100 in 6.5 seconds and the 400m sprint in 14.8 seconds.
Driving the R32 is fantastic it weighs 1320kg's and is equipped with independent multilink suspension on all 4 corners. This equates to a direct steering feel and great handling. Another technical gadget shared with its bigger GTR brother is a 4 wheel steering system called HICAS, which stands for High Capacity Actively Controlled Steering. This system as the name suggests actively steers the rear when cornering, the amount the rear wheels turn is depended on speed and cornering angle. This device seems to reduce under-steer giving the Skyline a flatter cornering feel.
Tuning potential for the R32 is fantastic add a nice free flowing exhaust and intake and the RB20DET really comes to life and sounds great too. You can add another 25+kw to the factory claimed 158kw with these 2 modifications alone. Stiffer sway-bars front and rear will drastically improve the already fantastic handling. In Australia a Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T coupe can be picked up for 10-14 thousand dollars this is good value for money for amount of performance they deliver.
Automobiles Articles1. Student Auto Loan Now At Your Reached
2. Don't Make The $500 Mistake
Author: Al Freilich
3. Is Your Next Vehicle A Luxury Car?
Author: Mike Hamby
4. Choose Auto Repair Shop Where Mechanic Give An Accurate Diagnosis
Author: Haggerty Ford
5. How To Detail Car Like A Pro
Author: neel patel
6. Things You Probably Didn't Know About Sell Your Car
Author: Ewan Thorpe
7. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Auto Care
Author: James Elston
8. How Car Valeting In Sutton Can Increase Your Profit!
Author: Rhys Gibson
9. Different Ways Of Finding Custom Choppers On Sale In Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
10. Tips To Find The Best Auto Financing Rates
11. Points To Know When Financing New Car
Author: haggerty ford
12. Two Great Tips That Can Help You Maintain Your Bmw Luxury Car Better
Author: BMW Bavaria Motors
13. 3 Tips For You To Be Careful While Buying A Used Luxury Car
Author: BMW Parsoli Motors
14. Carbon Folding Bike – Folding Bicycle Is Designed To Deliver Maximum Convenience And Benefit For The
Author: Paul Pinigis
15. Essential Tips For Purchasing A New Car