ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Mazda Mx-5 Miata, 25 Years Old And Counting
Total Articles: 4
Debuting at the Chicago Auto Show in February 1989, the Mazda Miata would go on to change the sports car forever. The roots of the Miata can be traced as far back as 1970, when an auto journalist by the name of Bob Hall drew a quick sketch of a sports car for the president of Mazda's design team. Little did Hall know it would quickly become one of the bestselling luxury vehicles of all-time.
After many mock ups were rejected over and over, an original design was finally settled on, that would go on to be an iconic styling. American and Japanese teams were set on the style, but struggled with what to call the new roadster. The name 'Miata' was considered, which literally means 'reward'.
The first generation of the Mazda MX-5 Miata, also called the NA, was released in 1989 with impressive results. In just 8.1 seconds, the luxury sports car could reach 60 miles per hour. NB, or the second generation, packed the same power as the first generation, with some slight style changes. The most obvious being fixed headlights, rather than the retractable headlights as seen on the NA model. The NB model was in circulation from 1998-2005. Finally, the third generation was redesigned in 2005, and is currently still in production. Also called the NC, this is the highest of quality sports cars available. The two-door convertible contains the new 2.0 L, 16-valve engine which was designed for speed.
For 25 years, this sleek little two-seater has maintained a front-runner in the appeal of sports cars. If you're looking to feel the wind in your hair, explore some open roads with the top down, all while maintaining the life of luxury, check out the newest edition of the Mazda MX-5 Miata. The recent model boasts a four cylinder engine with max horsepower, both for manual and automatic transmission. All of the available trims and high end upgrades allow this vehicle to be practically custom made.
Although remaining one of the top-sellers in sports cars for over two decades, the MX-5 Miata is constantly evolving to fit the needs of its drivers, while still maintaining the original concept and design. The Miata is equipped for high mileage, style, and class, all in one sleek package.
The Mazda MX-5 Miata has won many awards from being named on Sports Car International's "Ten Best Sports Cars of all Time" list, and also featured in Grassroots Motorsports as "single-handedly saving the open-top sports car" in their October 2006 issue. As the last 25 years have shown, the Mazda Miata only gets better with age, and the MX-5 model is the best yet, providing a rewarding experience with every drive.
Moffatt's Mazda is an auto dealership located in Barrie for new and pre-owned Mazda vehicles, service and parts. Our dealership is always fully stocked with the latest cars, trucks and SUVs. If you are searching for Mazda dealers in Barrie using the keywords Mazda CX-9 Barrie ON or Moffatt Mazda, call or stop by today!
Automobiles Articles1. Give Your Vehicle The Extra Mileage It Seeks
Author: James Elston
2. Lessons That Will Teach You All You Need To Know About Certified Driving School In Chadstone
Author: Mark Watson
3. Reasons Auto Carwash In Kingston Is Sweeter Than Christmas Morning
Author: Rhys Gibson
4. Sell The Old Car & Purchase A Brand New One On Vehicle Part Exchange
Author: Ewan Thorpe
5. The Simplest Ways To Make The Best Of Harley Davidson Fabric Brisbane
Author: Levi Fysh
6. Get A Valid And Authenticated International Driving License Oman
Author: Mr. Vince Joe
7. Stevens 112 Ford Has Received The Prestigious President's Award Courtesy Of Ford Motor Company!
8. Car Dealer Selling New Cars At Reasonable Price
9. Best Online Shop For Genuine Auto Spare Parts In Dubai, Uae
10. Most Common Vehicle Registration And Titling Issues
Author: ABA Auto Registration
11. Creating A Magnificent Experience Of Luxury Riding-db Luxury Cars
12. How To Choose Best Auto Repair Gainesville?
Author: Berrisford Smith
13. Here’s The Rundown Of The Supportive Points To Keep Your Car In Good Working Condition
Author: My Tyre Point
14. Driving Experience With Rentarace
15. Useful Traveling Tips For Those Who Wish To Visit Auto Carwash In Sutton Area
Author: Rhys Gibson