ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Appleton Estate Rum Tour In Jamaica
Total Articles: 1
Many people love the famous Appleton Jamaican Rum. When you go on the Appleton Rum Tour, you will get an overview of the history of the estate, get to see how rum is made and sample many different types of rums. The estate comprises of 11,000 acres of fields in the Nassau valley. The valley sits at the foot of the Santa Cruz mountains and is watered by the Black River which flows through it.
The Appleton Rum Tour
When you start the tour, you will watch an overview of the Estate and how it is run. Then you will have a tour of the remaining parts of the history of the estate including some old equipment. There are two old sugar cane crushers that are still shown to visitors and a demonstration with a donkey on how they use to operate the cane crushers.
Then you will go on a tour of the distillery to see the famous rum being distilled. Here you will get to taste "wet sugar" (aka molasses) as it is being distilled in giant copper pots.
Appleton Rum Tour
The next stage of rum production is the aging house. In this part of the tour you will see large white oak barrels ageing various types of rum. The aging process varies from three years up to thirty years. The last stage is the blending. This is where the rums are blended in to the world famous Appleton flavours.
The most popular part is the rum sampling. You have the opportunity to sample 16 varieties produced at the Estate.
There is a gift shop to buy and take Appleton Rum home as well as a bar to have some drinks while you are there.
This tour is usually combined with the South Coast Tour which includes YS Falls, Black River Safari and/or Pelican Bar.
Travel Articles1. Book Online Hotel In Costa Rica
Author: James Palin
2. Making The Case In Favor Of Atlanta Limousine Rental
Author: James Marshal
3. Best Tourist Places In India, Himachal Tourist Places, Best Tourist Places Of The World
Author: Vinod yadav
4. How Could A Charter Bus Rental In Orlando Be More Affordable For Prom
Author: Hire Charter Bus
5. Make Entire Visit Of Lake City Accessible With Appropriate Taxi Services
Author: Julie ranawat
6. How To Have A Safe And Pleasant Taxi Ride In Udaipur
Author: Vaibhav Ji
7. Exploring The Geography Of Japan
Author: Steve Corrigan
8. What A Professional Travel Company In Bhubaneswar Can Do For You?
Author: Urban Yatra
9. Why Hiring A Travel Agency In Bhubaneswar Worth The Investment?
Author: Urban Yatra
10. Experiencing The Beauty Of Various Tokyo Tourists Attractions With A Guide
Author: Ekaterina Kholkina
11. Ayurvedic Treatment In Kerala Is The Property Of Kerala Tourism
Author: Rakesh Kumar
12. Rajasthan Trip To Land Of Kingdoms
Author: Top Travel
13. View Wonderful Nature’s Beauty In Mount Everest Base Camp Trekking In Nepal
14. Why To Halt At Malta Before Your Excursion In Sicily?
Author: Christian Guardione
15. Tomb Of Sultan Worth Visit Palace In Morocco
Author: Eric Watson