ALL >> Travel >> View Article
Appleton Estate Rum Tour In Jamaica
Total Articles: 1
Many people love the famous Appleton Jamaican Rum. When you go on the Appleton Rum Tour, you will get an overview of the history of the estate, get to see how rum is made and sample many different types of rums. The estate comprises of 11,000 acres of fields in the Nassau valley. The valley sits at the foot of the Santa Cruz mountains and is watered by the Black River which flows through it.
The Appleton Rum Tour
When you start the tour, you will watch an overview of the Estate and how it is run. Then you will have a tour of the remaining parts of the history of the estate including some old equipment. There are two old sugar cane crushers that are still shown to visitors and a demonstration with a donkey on how they use to operate the cane crushers.
Then you will go on a tour of the distillery to see the famous rum being distilled. Here you will get to taste "wet sugar" (aka molasses) as it is being distilled in giant copper pots.
Appleton Rum Tour
The next stage of rum production is the aging house. In this part of the tour you will see large white oak barrels ageing various types of rum. The aging process varies from three years up to thirty years. The last stage is the blending. This is where the rums are blended in to the world famous Appleton flavours.
The most popular part is the rum sampling. You have the opportunity to sample 16 varieties produced at the Estate.
There is a gift shop to buy and take Appleton Rum home as well as a bar to have some drinks while you are there.
This tour is usually combined with the South Coast Tour which includes YS Falls, Black River Safari and/or Pelican Bar.
Travel Articles1. How Egypt Shore Excursions Give An Out Of The World Experience To Cruise Holiday?
Author: Ayman Boghdady
2. There Are Many Best Places To Go In Caribbean To Enjoy Your Vacation
Author: eTravel Trips
3. Successful Family Road Trip To A Wedding Via Bus Rental Of Atlanta
Author: Eva watson
4. Kerala Travel Packages : Enjoy The Serenity And Beauty Of Kerala
Author: Top Travel
5. Nepal Tour Packages
6. 5 Popular Places To Visit In Coonoor
7. Ngorongoro Crater
Author: Joseph Reeves
8. Mountains And Hills Provide Adventure As Well As A Unique Peace Of Mind
9. Enjoy Most Awaited Holiday In Beautiful Nepal
10. White Water Rafting Durango
Author: James Patty
11. Significance Of The Nile During Ancient Egypt
Author: Dale Dunlop
12. Birds In The Bungle Bungles Wa
13. Trekking Knowledge In Nepal Mountain Trails
Author: Sudip Shahi
14. 5 Amazing Healthy Dessert Recipes By Crumbs Blog
Author: Crumbs Food
15. One Stop Solution For Outstation Car Booking – Hariom Tours And Travel, Nagpur.