ALL >> Internet-Marketing >> View Article
The Future Of Cloud Computing
Total Articles: 18
Not until a few years ago, a gigabyte was considered a lot of information. And then came terabyte which is considered equivalent to 1000 gigabytes. Beyond this there’s exabytes, zettabytes, yottabytes and then….probably nothing! There’s so much information in the world that people are running out of terminologies to quantify them. The real problem however, is not in the quantifying, but in the storing. Where do we store all this data? This is where cloud computing comes into the scene.
In fact, researchers predict that within the next five years, nearly 50% of all information would be on the cloud. Various studies report that;
a) People are likely to spend $180 billion on cloud based services by 2015
b) The US alone is likely to spend $13 billion on cloud backup and server backup services.
c) The Asia Pacific region alone is likely to generate around 1.5 zettabytes of cloud computing information by 2016.
And the biggest beneficiaries of this revolution would be small and medium based companies. These companies cannot afford to spend thousands of dollars on enterprise quality hardware, nor can they afford to spend on specialized IT departments. Cloud backup solutions seem to the ideal solution because;
a) The money spent on buying and maintaining expensive hardware can be saved.
b) Operating costs can be reduced as businesses don’t have to spend on buying and updating business software.
Cloud computing can also help these companies to analyze their data and predict future trends. Predictive analysis was limited, until now, to large companies and financial institutions as this required spending money on a number of servers and storage racks. But cloud computing makes predictive analysis affordable for small and medium businesses as well. In fact, a research conducted by Decision Management Solutions and SourceMedia revealed that almost 60% of respondents planned to incorporate cloud based predictive analytics. Companies can use this data to predict consumer behavior and make better decisions.
As dependence on cloud computing increases, security concerns regarding the safety of data continues to grow. In fact, data theft is a major point cited by businesses reluctant to adopt cloud computing. They’d rather keep everything in-house rather than worry themselves to death about possible cyber attacks. Cloud backup servers have to come up with some strong strategies and security measures to ease their worries. And they are doing their best. For instance, at Dataedge we offer AES 256 encryption during data transfer and also while at rest at our two tier 3 data centers. This is an advanced cipher used by the US government to protect top-secret data, and has not been cracked until now.
Everywhere around the world, businesses are transitioning toward cloud backup and those who prefer to ignore this are doing so at their own peril.
The author has an immense knowledge on cloud back up Kansas city. Know more about server backup Kansas city related info in his website.
Internet Marketing Articles1. Q&a | Answering All The Faqs About Social Media Aggregators
Author: Alex Watts
2. Avail Internet Marketing Companies In Pune Services To Reach Your Online Business Objectives
3. On Facebook…and The Shifty Home-business Generation
Author: Hannah George
4. Local Seo In Waterloo Ontario - Sizing Up The Competition
Author: Nick Watson is the author of this article
5. 4 Trends In The Digital Marketing Sphere That Will Help You Generate More Sales
Author: Joseph Symons
6. Bulk Sms Reselling Business Oppurtunity – Smsjosh
7. Important Factors To Consider While Enlisting For Online Construction Directory
Author: John Tremblay
8. Custom Mobile Development For Businesses
Author: Paul Wright
9. Plug Your Business Into The Digital Age With 180 Fusion
10. Pay Per Click Management Service To Take Your Business To The Next Level
11. Pasadena Web Development
Author: web design pasadena
12. A Few Effective Tips To Ensure Best Operation Of Your Business Site
Author: Bit Zenith
13. 7 Ways Personal Reputation Management Services Help You Create A Strong Online Presence
Author: AKS Interactive
14. Email Automation An Effective Way For Engaging Customers
15. The Point To Point Guide To Boosting Your Google Rankings Without Getting Penalized