ALL >> Health >> View Article
Must Know Dental Problems, Their Causes And Solutions
Total Articles: 7
Having a healthy smile is the best way to convey self-confidence and sense of well being. Dental problems can cause a negative impingement in the smile and oral health. Dental problems are uncomfortable, irritating and end up with costing a fortune in dental treatments. That’s why maintaining a good oral health is vital. Brushing twice a day, flossing, eating healthy diets and regular dental checkups are a few ways that pays off in preventing dental problems.
Moreover having better knowledge about common dental problems, their causes and solutions can also go a long way in prevention.
Tooth Decay: Did you know tooth decay is the most prevalent diseases in the United States (Next to common cold and flu). Tooth decay occurs when plaque forms on teeth, combines with the sugars and / or starches of the food we eat.
Ways to Prevent Tooth Decay Are:
- Brush Your Teeth
- Floss Daily
- Chew (Sugarless) Gum
- Visit for Regular Dental Checkups
Gum Diseases: Gum Disease can be quite serious and bit more care is needed since it’s linked to heart attacks and strokes. Gum disease is an infection in the gums surrounding the teeth. There are two major stages of gum disease: gingivitis and periodontitis.
A bacterial infection caused by plaque that attacks the gums, bone, and ligaments. The early stage is known as gingivitis, the advanced stage as periodontitis.
Ways to Prevent Gum Diseases are:
- Brush your teeth twice day using fluoride toothpaste. If you can't brush, chew sugar-free gum, especially one with xylitol.
- Visit for regular dental checkups and have your teeth cleaned and checked.
Millions of people suffer from tooth sensitivity. Tooth sensitivity means experiencing severe pain or discomfort to your teeth when sweets, cold air, hot drinks, cold drinks, ice cream exposes. The good news of those who suffer with dental sensitivity is that sensitive teeth can be treated.
Ways to Prevent Tooth Sensitivity:
General Dentist in Boston MA recommends you use toothpaste that contains fluoride. Adding fluoride to drinking water also reduce the risks of sensitivity.
Talk to your dentist about which fluoride rinses you should use. Some over-the-counter rinses are acidic which creates an adverse effect. Be wiser while choosing mouth rinses. You should choose a fluoride mouth rinse that uses neutral sodium fluoride.
Gum diseases, oral cancer, mouth sores, dry mouth… - are few of the dental problems that can cause bad breath. Preventing bad breath is easier that you think.
Ways to Prevent Bad Breath or Halitosis
- Brush and floss your teeth twice a day, especially after meals
- Chew parsley after a meal. Parsley contains chlorophyll, a known breath freshener.
- Quit smoking. And avoid foods known to cause bad breath such as garlic, onions, cabbage, certain spices, and coffee.
- Have regular dental checkups with your nearby dentist to check for problems that you may not see or feel.
Taking preventative measures to maintain your oral health not only improve your smile appearance but also saves your dental cost in long run.
Dr. Cummings, the certified cosmetic dentist in Boston, MA provides gum treatment, root canals, extractions, dental implants, and of course, crowns, bridges and veneers to bring that pretty smile back in your face. For more, click here http://www.restoreteeth.com/
Health Articles1. Stress Attack - Why You Will Need Help Now!
2. Hypnotherapy For Depressive Disorder For Permanent Results
3. How To Handle Stress And Manage Avoidance
4. Easy Ways Of Managing Your Anxiety
5. Best Choices For Severe Depressive Management
6. Anxiety Management During Stress
7. Anxiety Management - Four Tricks You Can Start Using Today
8. Dry Rubbing And The Death Grip: Self-pleasuring Problems To Avoid
Author: John Dugan
9. Neck, Shoulder And Pain Management
Author: Mahesh Singh
10. Old Age Home Provides Love , Respect And ,carefree Life To Senior Citizens
Author: shiv ganga senior
11. Technology In Medical Industry
12. How Many Sessions For Tattoo Removal?
Author: hifza nauman
13. Where To Buy Phentermine 37.5 Mg Online In Oregon
14. Aromatic Revival Of Mind, Body And Soul With Therapeutic Massage
Author: Vicky Mamoria
15. 5 Ways Seniors Can Boost Their Energy
Author: Jane Doe