ALL >> Legal >> View Article
The Difference Between An Employment Law Advisor And Employment Lawyer
Total Articles: 1
Employment issues are increasingly common in companies today because of the growing number of corporations and their employees. There are many times when employers try to take undue advantage of their employees and make them work beyond hours or on tasks that were not mentioned in the contract. In this situation the employees get the short end of the stick. They are often afraid to take on their employers for fear of losing their jobs and getting a negative mark on their resume. On the other hand, there are some companies that are hassled by the inappropriate behavior of employees and sometimes may want to take corrective actions against them or even fire them. However, they are scared to do so because of the complicated employment laws and the repercussions that any improperly thought out actions may cause.
An employment law advisor is essentially a professional who has the complete knowledge of the employment laws of the land. Such an advisor is able to give professional guidance to employers as well as employees in case of employment disputes. A company can consult an employment law advisor and take corrective steps against employees that will not get them into legal trouble with them. On the other hand, employees can also consult these advisors and take measures against the bullying, stress, redundancy or the bindings of restraint of trade in an employment contract while staying within legal limits and not incurring any legal hassles with the employers.
Such professional advice is great for settling employment disputes out of court. This is because often the employment law advisor also acts as a mediator between the employer and employee in order to settle the dispute. We all know that court cases can be very expensive and also stressful. Hence it is best to settle the matter out of court. That being said, if you are required to go to court with your case then you would require the help of an employment lawyer. Such a lawyer is also a legal expert, but the difference between a law advisor and a lawyer is that a lawyer will represent your case in court, while a law advisor will merely give you advice pertaining to employment issues.
An employment law advisor can be consulted for a one-time employment issue. But most companies
hire the services of employment law advisors on a regular and continuous basis. This ensures that they are completely in known of the employment laws and all their actions are guided by the expert advice of the employment law advisor.
About The Author:
Whitehead Group are leading human resource and employment practitioners. They have more than 25 years' experience in human resources in New Zealand and Australia working with clients like Auckland City Council, Ports of Auckland, Affco New Zealand Ltd, Shell Oil and many more.
Whitehead Group is one of the best Auckland-based employment law specialists providing expert employment advice to both employers and employees in Auckland, Hamilton and New Plymouth.
Legal Articles1. No Additional Burden On Home-buyers Under Gst, Landlords Stay Exempt - Best Time To Buy Property
Author: The Hemisphere
2. Quick Guide For Selecting The Best Personal Injury Attorney For A Slip And Fall Case
Author: Ladas Law
3. Get Aware Of The Right Family Lawyer In Fort Worth
Author: J Kevin Clark
4. Ten Kinds Of Car Accident Injuries That Require You To Hire An Expert Dallas Accident Lawyer
Author: Nick Feizy
5. Boston Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win The Case
Author: Powers Caccavale
6. Top 3 Reasons A Business In London Needs A Commercial Law Firm More Than Ever.
Author: Hudson Mckenzie
7. Who Can File A Wrongful Death Claim In Arizona?
8. When To Seek An Accident Attorney In Comparative Negligence Cases
9. Bail Process: Questions To Ask A Bail Bondsman
Author: Emily Stone
10. Cycle Accident: How To Ask For Compensation
Author: Chris Thayer
11. Choose Best Law Firm For Tough Legal Problem
12. Points To Keep In Mind Before Hiring A Car Accident Attorney
13. The Biggest Myth About Family Law Attorney Exposed
Author: V. Wayne Ward
14. Defective Seat Belts:how An Attorney Can Help You
15. Different Type Of Legal Services Are Provided By Lexlords
Author: Lex Lords