ALL >> Legal >> View Article
The Difference Between An Employment Law Advisor And Employment Lawyer
Total Articles: 1
Employment issues are increasingly common in companies today because of the growing number of corporations and their employees. There are many times when employers try to take undue advantage of their employees and make them work beyond hours or on tasks that were not mentioned in the contract. In this situation the employees get the short end of the stick. They are often afraid to take on their employers for fear of losing their jobs and getting a negative mark on their resume. On the other hand, there are some companies that are hassled by the inappropriate behavior of employees and sometimes may want to take corrective actions against them or even fire them. However, they are scared to do so because of the complicated employment laws and the repercussions that any improperly thought out actions may cause.
An employment law advisor is essentially a professional who has the complete knowledge of the employment laws of the land. Such an advisor is able to give professional guidance to employers as well as employees in case of employment disputes. A company can consult an employment law advisor and take corrective steps against employees that will not get them into legal trouble with them. On the other hand, employees can also consult these advisors and take measures against the bullying, stress, redundancy or the bindings of restraint of trade in an employment contract while staying within legal limits and not incurring any legal hassles with the employers.
Such professional advice is great for settling employment disputes out of court. This is because often the employment law advisor also acts as a mediator between the employer and employee in order to settle the dispute. We all know that court cases can be very expensive and also stressful. Hence it is best to settle the matter out of court. That being said, if you are required to go to court with your case then you would require the help of an employment lawyer. Such a lawyer is also a legal expert, but the difference between a law advisor and a lawyer is that a lawyer will represent your case in court, while a law advisor will merely give you advice pertaining to employment issues.
An employment law advisor can be consulted for a one-time employment issue. But most companies
hire the services of employment law advisors on a regular and continuous basis. This ensures that they are completely in known of the employment laws and all their actions are guided by the expert advice of the employment law advisor.
About The Author:
Whitehead Group are leading human resource and employment practitioners. They have more than 25 years' experience in human resources in New Zealand and Australia working with clients like Auckland City Council, Ports of Auckland, Affco New Zealand Ltd, Shell Oil and many more.
Whitehead Group is one of the best Auckland-based employment law specialists providing expert employment advice to both employers and employees in Auckland, Hamilton and New Plymouth.
Legal Articles1. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers In Md- Protecting Debitor And Creditor Instantaneously
2. Search Law Firms, Top Advocates, Lawyers
Author: Advacto legal Solutions
3. The Houston Criminal Defense Attorneys Can Help You From The Legal Charges
4. The Experience Of Working With A Work Injury Lawyer In Pennsylvania
Author: Ryan Harvey
5. What Can Springfield Missouri Family Lawyers In Greene County Do For You?
Author: Kirk C. Stange, Esq.
6. Denton Child Custody Attorney: A Perfect And Healthy Solution
Author: Mark N John
7. 15 Common Myths About Child Custody
Author: V. Wayne Ward
8. Getting Out Of Trouble: Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
9. Five Tips By Springfield Missouri Child Custody Attorneys In Greene County To Help Get You To A Posi
Author: Kirk C. Stange
10. Getting Out Of Trouble: An Ultimate Guide To Bail Bonds
Author: Emily Stone
11. Important Considerations Before Hiring A Family Law Divorce Attorney
12. Five Injuries That Triggers You To Hire A Personal Injury Law Firm In Dallas For The Compensation Cl
Author: Nick Feizy
13. Expert Felony Case Lawyer & Local Divorce Attorney
14. Should You Get An Attorney For A Car Accident That Wasn't Your Fault?
15. 10 Quick Tips On How To Find A Divorce Lawyer
Author: V. Wayne Ward