ALL >> Automobiles >> View Article
Hyundai Takes The Lead In Innovation
Total Articles: 5
This year, with the launch of the 2015 Hyundai Genesis launches, the company will catapult itself to the head of the industry in terms of innovation. How? By being one of the first major auto companies out of the gate to embrace the emerging technology that Google Glass represents.
What Does the Hyundai, Google Glass Connection Mean?
Google Glass is currently the 800-pound gorilla in the wearable computing room, and Hyundai’s move to embrace the nascent technology is significant, and should catch the eye of the hip, tech savvy market segment keen to see where the tech will ultimately go. From a practical standpoint, here’s how you can expect it to work.
Put on your Google Glasses and download Hyundai’s app to them. Once you register your vehicle inside the app, you’ll be able to:
• Lock and unlock your car doors
• Start your vehicle’s engine to warm it up on those cold mornings
• Find your vehicle if you’ve forgotten where you parked
All with nothing more than a “look,” and that’s just what we know. It would be easy to envision upgrades to the app allowing for sound system control, heat and a/c control, and detailed vehicle monitoring. In fact, we already know that vehicle monitoring is part of the app’s development map, because Hyundai confirms that service alerts can be set to flash on Glass’ display, along with the ability to initiate a call to the dealership to schedule service appointments, and even provide you directions on how to get to the nearest dealership, if you’re away from home and find that the vehicle needs service.
Based on what we know so far, Hyundai’s offering is not a “killer app.” It has its flaws and limitations, sure, but you can expect that as the app matures and continues to develop, its capabilities will grow rapidly as it takes advantage of all that the new technology has to offer, and Hyundai seems committed to this course. As Barry Ratzlaff, executive director, Customer Connect and Service Business Development, Hyundai Motor America said in a recent press release: "As a leader in connected car technology, we're always exploring new ways to use technology to enhance the ownership experience for our customers. Wearables are a great way to extend the experience outside of the vehicle by leveraging these small screens to quickly access remote features and deliver timely vehicle information."
Of course, the primary assumption here is that wearing Google Glass and similar technologies will be, and remain legal. So far that seems to be the case, but there have been a few notable exceptions of people being kicked out of public places for no other reason than the fact that they were wearing the technology, and one woman in California was actually ticketed for wearing Glass.
It’s a new technology, and there are still a few unknowns, but it is wonderful to see Hyundai taking the lead in incorporating technologies like Google Glass in order to enhance the ownership experience of their cars. Bravo!
Riverside Hyundai in Riverside is your full-service Hyundai dealership, providing new and preowned Hyundai cars, trucks, and sport utility vehicles. If you are searching for Hyundai dealers using the keywords Ontario CA Hyundai or Hyundai dealers in Corona, visit Hyundairiverside.com today!
Automobiles Articles1. Advice For Car Buyers: Choose The Right Lender
Author: Wiliams Orchard
2. Buy Certified Pre Owned Luxury Cars In Best Quality From Miami Dealers
3. Three Warning Signs Indicating That You Need A Windshield Replacement In Kent, Wa Done
Author: Justin Ward
4. Ourbus Is Your Bus – The 21st-century Way To Work Commute
5. Clifford Beaumont: Japanese Economic Growth Rises For 7th Consecutive Quarter
6. Burton Mills: China Economy Continues To Slow
7. Rockman – The Automotive Component, Alloy Wheels & Drive Chain Manufacturers In India
Author: Rockman Industries
8. Choose Yakima Roof Rack For Your Vehicle For Enjoying Off Road Journey
Author: Tony Bulic
9. How Do You Hire A Reliable Food Truck Builder?
Author: Randy Travis
10. Getting The Best Boat Deals In Florida
Author: Riva Motorsports
11. Vectra - The Leading Earthmovers Equipment & Best Skid Steer Loader Manufacturers In India - Europe
12. Find Best Roof Mounted Bike Carrier For Your Car In Sydney
Author: Charles Manfredi
13. What Is Causing The Problem?
Author: Batteries & More
14. Why A Car Is A Necessity In The City Of Detroit?
Author: jeffery reynold
15. The Windscreens Replacement Process - What You Need To Know
Author: Anna Lampasona